Movie World's Fright Night 2012

kujotess

It says the available dates on the General Admission page - https://themeparks.com.au/box-office/fright-nights/general-admission.aspx Also on the FAQ page - What is Fright Nights? Fright Nights is an annual event held during the month of October at Movie World. This year, Fright Nights will be held on the 6th, 13th, 19th, 20th, 26th and 27th of October 2012 from 6-11pm. It's funny how it's not anywhere near the actual Halloween on the 31st.

Edited by kujotess

What surprised me is that the site states Justice League will close at 9pm, Batman use to open till closing and surely this new ride won't make any external noise?? If this ride is a huge people eater it will be disappointing on the night to close it down only leaving Scooby open. I was also hoping GL would be far enough at the front to somehow get an exemption to open later, guess it too still makes too much noise! Actually checking their website, there is no mention of Scooby being open, it lists the attraction open and Scooby is left off, typo?? WWF doesn't seem to be open as well, also disappointing, because I remember going in past years and it being open, I've always thought it would be a great ride to theme it up for Halloween with the ghost town and all and have actors roaming the attraction to scare guests on the boat, but then I guess that comes down to OH&S. Also, no mention of Club Blood this year, thats disappointing, was really hoping that would return.

Edited by Original

Just been on the site and am really excited for Fright Nights! I noticed that on http://movieworld.com.au/fright-nights.aspx?WT.mc_id=MWHHTFrightnights where it says 'View map' (site map) the little bar thing isn't working... is it just my old computer or the site?

Edited by Jdavidsononcapri

What surprised me is that the site states Justice League will close at 9pm, Batman use to open till closing and surely this new ride won't make any external noise?? If this ride is a huge people eater it will be disappointing on the night to close it down only leaving Scooby open. I was also hoping GL would be far enough at the front to somehow get an exemption to open later, guess it too still makes too much noise! Actually checking their website, there is no mention of Scooby being open, it lists the attraction open and Scooby is left off, typo?? WWF doesn't seem to be open as well, also disappointing, because I remember going in past years and it being open, I've always thought it would be a great ride to theme it up for Halloween with the ghost town and all and have actors roaming the attraction to scare guests on the boat, but then I guess that comes down to OH&S. Also, no mention of Club Blood this year, thats disappointing, was really hoping that would return.

I'm guessing it was maybe updated since you saw it? (Still no WWF though) Rides
  • [*]
JUSTICE LEAGUE [*]ARKHAM ASYLUM [*]GREEN LANTERN [*]SUPERMAN Escape [*]BATWING Spaceshot [*]SCOOBY-DOO

yep... i also think it is more to do with an OH&S/safety point of view. The whole old west town part would be quite dark at night, and it would not be impossible for someone to squirm out of the lap bar and disembark in that area without being seen (there are video cameras but they certainly wouldnt be useful at night)

yep... i also think it is more to do with an OH&S/safety point of view. The whole old west town part would be quite dark at night, and it would not be impossible for someone to squirm out of the lap bar and disembark in that area without being seen (there are video cameras but they certainly wouldnt be useful at night)

Yes, but they solved this in past years by setting up portable floodlights around the entire back portion of the ride.

Again WWF was not open for last years night time events so this is not surprising or new.

I realise this, but I would really like to see the park preserve with it and turn it into a Halloween style ride during the month, much like the US parks do with some of their rides and attractions during the Halloween months, some of them even do it for Christmas as well!

I don't think it's built for people to stand around at night time, and there probably wouldn't be any space for breaks or like a little hut for everyone to go to for drinks etc. And isn't that ghost town like slanted, so they couldn't really walk around much as they could slip or damage props. But overall I think it's closed for a logical reason, because something happened in 2010 which made it close from that Fright Night on.

Nah I remember the event he's talking about, it was I think the first evening of Fright Nights 2 years ago. From memory the fire brigade was called and the ride closed for a little bit. Pretty sure it opened again afterwards though, it just seemed quite dramatic since that was the year the queue for the saw maze was next to the ride and the alarm was going off for a very long time. That occasion is not the reason for the ride not opening for night events however, and as far as I'm aware its down to the prohibitive cost of lighting the attraction for the few weeks. I don't think it really matters for Halloween anyway, but I reckon they should try and open it up for White Xmas, since the park is full of families, and the weather is so hot.

Just a little bit of info for those with VIP Gold or the ones who upgraded it. According to what Movie World has answered in several posts in their official (I am not falling for a copycat anymore, hehe) Facebook page, you can upgrade to a season pass for another $20, which basically, to us who had the VIP pass before, makes it a total of $40 for the whole season, not bad, right?