What will replace Looney Tunes River Ride?

WED99

I depends on how much effort they put into the ride. If it's really well themed and executed, then I would agree with April next year. If, however, they rush it and do a half-assed job, then I would expect late this year or early next year.

I hope they realize the name is far too generic, and change it to something like "Bugs Bunny's Driving School" or even just call it "Looney Tunes Driving School"..... maybe even drop the "Driving School" thing and go with just "Bugs' Mini-Cars"...

I hope they realize the name is far too generic, and change it to something like "Bugs Bunny's Driving School" or even just call it "Looney Tunes Driving School"..... maybe even drop the "Driving School" thing and go with just "Bugs' Mini-Cars"...

Dare I say it but for once you are actually making sense!! I agree that the "current" name to me is lame sounding and could do with tweaking. Giving it a branded name is a better idea ,especially given its location in the park.

It seems like there is a concerted effort at the moment not to use any brand relationship other than DC Comics. There has got to be a reason why they would be planning to replace the Looney Tunes River in the WB Kids' area with a ride that has a completely generic name/theme. It's pretty clear that they either can't, or don't want to, use Looney Tunes anymore.

It seems like there is a concerted effort at the moment not to use any brand relationship other than DC Comics. There has got to be a reason why they would be planning to replace the Looney Tunes River in the WB Kids' area with a ride that has a completely generic name/theme. It's pretty clear that they either can't, or don't want to, use Looney Tunes anymore.

Because the park is no longer actually owned by Warner Bros, it's causing problems behind the scenes I suspect. I personally believe Village is favouring the less-obvious WB property of DC because it might be a cheaper license, or because it's a more adaptable license and WB itself is going in it's own direction as a studio. WB used the park alot for marketing of it's major film productions(including the DC ones, SE was timed to open around the release of Superman Returns), and now they don't own it anymore, that seems to have ended unceremoniously. If the park was still under WB co-ownership they probably would have lined something up already to use Movie World to promote it's Aussie-made American-funded big budget action franchise that happens to be returning next year. Edited by colliric_855

WB used the park alot for marketing of it's major film productions(including the DC ones, SE was timed to open around the release of Superman Returns), and now they don't own it anymore, that seems to have ended unceremoniously. If the park was still under WB co-ownership they probably would have lined something up already to use Movie World to promote it's Aussie-made American-funded big budget action franchise that happens to be returning next year.

Village Roadshow is still a large player in the Australian movie industry. They are one of the best venues for a movie premiere in Australia, regardless of studio involvements. Any production company can book the sound stages, water tank and other filming locations in the area, using the production facilities on site as well.

According to the 2006 annual report of Village Roadshow, they completed the acquisition of the theme park division by buying out time warner at the beginning of the 2006 financial year (July 2005). Superman Escape opened in December 2005, and Superman Returns opened in USA cinemas in June 2006.

Interestingly, the 2008 Australian premiere of the Warner Bros film Get Smart, starring Steve Carrell and Anne Hathaway was held in the Roxy Theatre at movie world also.

The 2008 Universal Fox film 'Nim's Island' also premiered at the Roxy.

Warner Bros. Pictures also premiered Fool's Gold at the Roxy in 2008.

In other words, your claim that the use of the park for the promotion of films (particularly from the WB stable) was ended 'unceremoniously' when they ceased to own a share in the park is quite simply incorrect.

There was also very little promotion of the film 'Superman Returns', and TBH, I don't see anything that suggests the theming of the attraction was anything to do with the release of the film six months later.

I would appreciate if you would include facts and evidence in any further rebuttal, rather than generalised broad statements.

. There was also very little promotion of the film 'Superman Returns', and TBH, I don't see anything that suggests the theming of the attraction was anything to do with the release of the film six months later.

Except of cause for the fact that it was delibratly planned to open up during the Film's traditional marketing push... and they were looking to capitalise on that media storm. Same went for Scooby Doo and even Green Latern, but the second one the film was a massive bomb!

Of the films you've mentioned, Scooby Doo is the only one that is based off the movie version. The others are generic 'comic book' versions. Scooby Doo was also filmed at the studios, which TBH I think is the more likely the reason for the Scooby theme than a desire to promote the film. I'd also say it's waaay more likely that Superman Escape was capitalizing on the upcoming movie rather than being an early promotion for it. Same with Green Lantern and Wild Wild West. It's also no secret Warner and Village have a good working relationship; they partner in movie production, distribution, cinema management and (obviously) theme parks. The important thing to remember though is that for the most part, WB doesn't say: "You must build a ride based off this franchise to help promote it", rather Villiage Roadshow say "We want to use this character, how much will it cost us"?

Of the films you've mentioned, Scooby Doo is the only one that is based off the movie version. The others are generic 'comic book' versions. Scooby Doo was also filmed at the studios, which TBH I think is the more likely the reason for the Scooby theme than a desire to promote the film. I'd also say it's waaay more likely that Superman Escape was capitalizing on the upcoming movie rather than being an early promotion for it. Same with Green Lantern and Wild Wild West. It's also no secret Warner and Village have a good working relationship; they partner in movie production, distribution, cinema management and (obviously) theme parks. The important thing to remember though is that for the most part, WB doesn't say: "You must build a ride based off this franchise to help promote it", rather Villiage Roadshow say "We want to use this character, how much will it cost us"?

Finally a good response... thanks Joz! I agree with it actually.

That's kind of my point, since they dropped out of ownership of the park, it's gone even further over to the Village side of things. I would say, when WB was actually a partner in the park, it seemed more like they'd inform Village of which projects they were developing and then together they'd consider developing something. I wouldn't specifically say WB was "forcing them to put something in", rather it seemed like they had more of a say in the direction of the park, given they had a financial stake in it. With Superman, obviously WB informed them of their plans to revive the franchise(was well known on the internet anyway, as was Batman Begins, the script of which actually leaked online almost 3 years before the film came out), then Village choose to take advantage of it(and developed the ride concurrently).

Edited by colliric_855

Finally a good response...

All the responses you get are good... you just don't like them because they don't agree with your view of the world.

You stated "WB used the park alot for marketing of it's major film productions(including the DC ones, SE was timed to open around the release of Superman Returns)"

I responded by saying "There was also very little promotion of the film 'Superman Returns', and TBH, I don't see anything that suggests the theming of the attraction was anything to do with the release of the film six months later."

Joz then says 'it's waaay more likely that Superman Escape was capitalizing on the upcoming movie rather than being an early promotion for it."

And in your most recent post, you then try to make out like your point was actually that the park capitalised on the movie, rather than the movie studio using the park to capitalise on it's film releases.

It's all there in black and white buddy - i'm sorry but you can't reverse your opinion now... Your statement that WB used the park alot for marketing of it's films is blatantly incorrect, and it is far more likely to be (as Joz has said) the other way around .

Whoa - wait, what?

YOU want a thread back on topic, so suddenly WE should all just shut up and let you take the helm?

To bad sunshine - if you can dish it out, you'll bloody well take it as well because you've shitted the rest of us on these boards for long enough. You love to shoot your mouth off, but you can't hack it when you get caught out by people who are smarter than you.

Just looking at the others who replied celebrating you having nothing to say is proof that everyone here is tired of your shit. Fine, whatever, you love trolling because between church and being a lollipop lady you have too much spare time on your hands that you've got to find something else to do to amuse yourself.

You'd earn a lot more appreciation and respect on these boards if you did one thing... You frequently shoot your mouth off, and occasionally you're correct, occasionally theres insufficient proof one way or another, and occasionally you're bold-facedly, flat-out wrong. If you'd just admit when you were wrong, rather than trying to offer up excuses on why you thought it was different (Mack, LPM Scenic Railway anyone?), you'd earn a lot more respect from people.

Hell - The scooby fire eyes discussion is infamous on these boards to anyone thats been around long enough - and one of the people involved in that debate (who was wrong) freely admitted it. Although rarely seen these days, they're a community leader... so theres a lot to be said about a person who can admit when they got something wrong.

Quite frankly I don't give a shit either way, but while you may be concerned about bringing this topic back on topic, i'm more concerned about helping you prevent yourself from taking EVERY topic OFF topic.

Now just admit you got it wrong and shut up - or piss off and let everyone else get on with a meaningful discussion.

Just on that picture - but it'd be interesting if the show building was still a hollowed out shell, if they considered using it for a scare-maze for hallowe'en... or even a walk-through scare maze such as the Evilution. I know it's in WB kids, and so not necessarily appropriate to the area, but surely they could adapt work around that?

Unlikely, and probably impossible, but i'd like to see what they could come up with if they tried...

YouTube video said 2009 in the title is all. Obviously the date it was filmed. That ride looks in good condition... Makes you wonder why they thought ours was old. Also I know it's never going to happen, Mini-cars is just delayed a few more months(or a year) I suspect. Edit: Sally, who posted the vid, said they renovated/restored the ride. That must have been in '09...

Just on that picture - but it'd be interesting if the show building was still a hollowed out shell, if they considered using it for a scare-maze for hallowe'en... or even a walk-through scare maze such as the Evilution. I know it's in WB kids, and so not necessarily appropriate to the area, but surely they could adapt work around that? Unlikely, and probably impossible, but i'd like to see what they could come up with if they tried...

A kids Scaremaze? Based on a kids horror show? It would surely have to be. Perhaps that's something that's missing from the fright Nights? A kids friendly horror maze? Edited by colliric_855

Edit: Sally, who posted the vid, said they renovated/restored the ride. That must have been in '09...

Nope. The water ride was installed in the 60s and given a Looney Tunes retheme by Sally Corp in 1992: http://sallycorp.com/dark-rides/custom-designed/yosemite-sam-and-the-gold-river-adventure/

As for a Fright Nights maze in the building, I'd be all for it. However, as joz pointed out there are many more suitable temporary locations for mazes. I wouldn't want to see the LTRR building remain empty just so it can be used for Fright Nights.