Sea World Wild: What Could It Be?

the12thworld

So what you're saying is that it's not possible that they may fill in that section completely, and build a different salt water pool?

Of cause it's possible. In fact, that would be pretty cool.

Look I'm not interested in arguing today... Not every day you weirdly end up being personally involved in an incident that gets reported on 7, 9 and 10 news. My brother called me up seconds after it aired on 7, to see If I was ok.

Edited by colliric_855

I think you should mention it a few more times to see if that gets anyone to take the bait.

https://www.facebook.com/richard.w.collins.3

"Works for Whitehorse City Council"

"Lives in Blackburn(North)"

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/woman-held-hostage-in-blackburn-north-siege-following-a-domestic-dispute/story-fni0fee2-1226663036410

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/breaking-news-blog/special-operations-group-called-to-blackburn-north-siege/20130613-2o5rp.html

"The house is short distance away from the St Philip's and Whitehorse Primary Schools." (30 to 50 Metres, and where you'll find me on most days if you really wanted to).

Edited by colliric_855

The more I look at it, personally I do think they're going to remove it, IMO yes it's going to be a jungle theme, but it looks rather shallow now and I would have thought they'd want a man-made one so they have complete control over it and can filter everything and keep it cleaner than just a natural lake. Plus it does seem to take up a lot of their usable land.

To counter my own argument though, are the dolphin pools man-made or part of the lake just closed in?

Hmm this area of SeaWorld is definitely getting more and more interesting!! For those in the know, how big is the scope of this attraction?? How big should our anticipation levels be??

From what I've been told it is going to be a major expansion. Basically sea world as a registered zoo is obligated in some ways to take in animals left "homeless" by the closure of other zoos. With the cairns wildlife safari reserve closing down again in April this year, they secured the two hippos from them, which were supposed to be sent to sea world years ago before the reserve was bought out privately and run as the shambala animal kingdom. The gorillas and crocs were acquired through similar avenues. So it is going to be a very large and permanent addition to the park. Edited by rac2703

Thanks for the info rac2703, very informative!! And very, very interesting!! Looking forward to observing as this new attraction unfolds. I must admit, I am a little dubious as to how any of these 3 animals really relate to the overall SeaWorld theme though. I think they will be excellent additions to their animal roster and attraction list but they do seem a little "odd" as a choice. My personal opinion.

My thoughts too Reanimated!! Don't get me wrong, I think they will be world class exhibits and will be well themed , however as you point out, it's not really in fitting with the SeaWorld theme. Let's face it, even croc's and hippos are a massive stretch to define them as "Sea Animals" , Gorillas- well not sure how you can sell that!! I suppose if the three enclosures are linked to a Jungle River type walkthru/cruise it might be a little more palatable. I am sure that the attraction is going to be world class, in keeping with the excellence of Shark Bay, Ray Reef and Polar Bear Shores. GoGoBoy, point taken and I see where you are coming from,however those rides probably fit much better into MovieWorld's overall theme and kid precinct on the surface moreso than this new Seaworld exhibit! I am sure all will make much more sense as time passes closer to opening date!!

A jungle cruise with real saltwater crocodiles & hippos - will never happen. Too many risks

Yeah, most likely as the animals are just too big and agressive. But there are parks that offer Jungle Cruises with real animals overseas(not Crocs or Hippos obviously... But In the states, Aligators and a few other animals).

Gee something about Melbourne you didn't know RWC!! Wonders will never cease!! Good point rac2703. It could be done but in this case I don't think it will be. Given the room for THREE enclosures I think more likely it will be a static walkthru attractional albeit a heavily themed one.

Actually I did.... been on that several times...

Reason I didn't mention it is because I actually AGREE WITH YOU.... And they don't have Crocs at Werribee, last I checked.

Just to clarify as to why SEA World would be getting croc's, hippo's and gorilla's. The Government (pretty sure it's them.) is shifting ALL wildlife parks, zoos, and aquariums into the one category of "Zoo". Up until about this year the latter would have had their own categories and set of rules and regulations, but now the Government is not only making it easier on themselves to govern these, but they're also making it harder for other parks. For the record, a wildlife park is classified as having just native animals, aquariums have aquatic life and zoos have atleast 1 exotic species. And now as Rac has said, with Cairns closing SW would probably have to be the only park with time/space/and money to house these animals for X amount of time.

Just to clarify as to why SEA World would be getting croc's, hippo's and gorilla's. The Government (pretty sure it's them.) is shifting ALL wildlife parks, zoos, and aquariums into the one category of "Zoo". Up until about this year the latter would have had their own categories and set of rules and regulations, but now the Government is not only making it easier on themselves to govern these, but they're also making it harder for other parks. For the record, a wildlife park is classified as having just native animals, aquariums have aquatic life and zoos have atleast 1 exotic species. And now as Rac has said, with Cairns closing SW would probably have to be the only park with time/space/and money to house these animals for X amount of time.

But this still doesn't clarify anything. Ok - fine - they're a zoo, or whatever 'the government' has decided to call them.

BUT - they're a sea themed park. Marine life, conservation and education - and they're going to have Gorillas (note - no apostrophe), just doesn't fit the theme - they are a theme park after all.

There are many Zoos that could take the animals in. Sure they aren't all in Australia - but the point is there.