Walk through scare maze Coming to Dreamworld

Gary86

The previous scare mazes at Dreamworld which where held at Blue Lagoon (The Mummy Live and the Freezer) where set up in the "Dream Room" tent, which has since been removed, and the Lara Croft Tomb Raider Maze was held in the building which now houses the Big Red Car Ride in Wiggles World, So the now vacant AVPX building is the logical location for the attraction.

A scare maze may be a good replacement for the Mine Ride. Haunted old mine theme? AVPX is being replaced with another laser skirmish (its cheaper for Dreamworld to replace laser skirmish with laser skirmish)

How do you know this? It is likely that the Laser Skirmish equipment was on a long term lease to Dreamworld and that they didn't physically own the equipment. Their lease is probably now up and have decided not to renew it and go for a new concept completely. If you look at the park map on their website the AVPX building now says "Coming Soon" over it.

Edited by rac2703

I don't know for 100% sure, but I a) don't know anyone in the industry that leases that sort of laser tag equipment and B) know that equipment's worth a lot of money. Maybe not by large thrill ride standards, but laser tag setups are in excess of 30k+ just for equipment. I highly doubt they're going to toss an entire building setup for a temporary "scare" attraction. But hey, I may be wrong, they did toss out IMAX, plan to remove the steam trains and have left many, many rides SBNO over the years, so anything's possible.

I don't know for 100% sure, but I a) don't know anyone in the industry that leases that sort of laser tag equipment and B) know that equipment's worth a lot of money. Maybe not by large thrill ride standards, but laser tag setups are in excess of 30k+ just for equipment. I highly doubt they're going to toss an entire building setup for a temporary "scare" attraction. But hey, I may be wrong, they did toss out IMAX, plan to remove the steam trains and have left many, many rides SBNO over the years, so anything's possible.

The company that posted this audition ad was the company that actually created AVPX, so he MIGHT be correct.

Why do people pay for something that can be obtained for free from a drinking fountain?

Not a soft drink person, and I'm not paying $9 for just a burger. Yes, that's what they charge for a burger on it's own... And, how do we know this isn't DW preparing a Halloween event to rival the Fright Nights at MW? Could be a special Screamworld with characters walking around scaring people? Just throwing it out there.

Edited by downunder191

And, how do we know this isn't DW preparing a Halloween even to rival the Fright Nights at MW? Could be a special Screamworld with characters walking around scaring people? Just throwing it out there.

However it's the same group that did AVPX. So it's likely for whatever is replacing that. But it could be both I guess.

• 2 weeks later...