Maintenance Schedule

WCE87

Can't you go and tell us what's happening? I hope you are not going to keep asking us to go the park and take pictures of the ride because it will get annoying, By the way the wave has been painted aqua for now and is no longer white, Also the building in the Main Street (don't know what it was called) has reopened after it was down for refurbishment..

I live in NSW so I can't. I just thought you guys if your at Dreamworld if it's alright to take photos once a week or two so not only me but others can see the progress. Edited by WipeoutDreamworldFan

Ok Jack - pretty simple here - picture whores who just keep asking for pics and updates and latest progress aren't really viewed favourably around here.

I've said it before, so i'll say it again - when someone goes, if anything is updated, they will post pictures.

If nobody has posted pictures, or an update, this means nobody has gone recently.

If you continue to ask people to go to the park and take pictures for you, you're just going to get more responses like Ninja gave you.

Just be patient, and it will come.

Speak for you self AlexB. I don't know who died and made you leader. If the boy wants to ask for a photo then he can ask for a photo.

Skeetafly update: Not much has happened due to maintenance waiting on approval, from the top dog,s to buy a bigger ladder.

post-1321-0-96303300-1398314127_thumb.jp

Edited by skeetafly

Well said Skeetafly!! I don't think one request for a photo constitutes a major hassle or transgression- this type of bullying needs to be eliminated from the boards. Certain posters certainly act like they are a pseudo moderators at times and this can really discourage new members from posting, which is a damn shame. This type of arrogance I feel, must be reigned in. I would rather see the moderators deal with this in a much more tactful and respectful way than some of the examples that we have seen in the past!! Let's keep these boards free from needless bullying and ensure it remains a respectful place for anyone to discuss our common interests of theme Park's and the industry. These boards are about the whole community and not about a select few letting their egos run riot every time they post!

I applaud the stance sir!!

Well said Skeetafly!! I don't think one request for a photo constitutes a major hassle or transgression- this type of bullying needs to be eliminated from the boards. Certain posters certainly act like they are a pseudo moderators at times and this can really discourage new members from posting, which is a damn shame. This type of arrogance I feel, must be reigned in. I would rather see the moderators deal with this in a much more tactful and respectful way than some of the examples that we have seen in the past!! Let's keep these boards free from needless bullying and ensure it remains a respectful place for anyone to discuss our common interests of theme Park's and the industry. These boards are about the whole community and not about a select few letting their egos run riot every time they post!

I applaud the stance sir!!

Well for starters, the same member has made more than one request in the past two weeks, so it isn't an isolated incident..

Secondly, there was another discussion on photo requests less than a month ago about the exact same thing.

And it's been said - by many people, over many years - that photo requests are pointless. When people go, they will take photos if there is something new.

My post was nothing but respectful, friendly tactful and helpful in trying to point a relatively new member in the right direction. I'm going to take your comments to indicate you still have your nose out of joint, so as they say - water off a duck. Move on.

Well for starters, the same member has made more than one request in the past two weeks, so it isn't an isolated incident..

Secondly, there was another discussion on photo requests less than a month ago about the exact same thing.

And it's been said - by many people, over many years - that photo requests are pointless. When people go, they will take photos if there is something new.

My post was nothing but respectful, friendly tactful and helpful in trying to point a relatively new member in the right direction. I'm going to take your comments to indicate you still have your nose out of joint, so as they say - water off a duck. Move on.

Well for starters I wasn't the only one who disliked the tone of your response to WipeOutFanDreamWorld. It was actually Skeetafly who first took you to task regarding the way you respond to people when you post. So no, its nothing to do with noses out of joint- I have nothing to have my nose out of joint over. My issue is the tone that you use when you post to certain people- hell did you even read my previous post?? ( Obviously not which follows your arrogance perfectly)

If you feel that your previous post was overly tactful then you have a more serious problem than I realised. I will go short of saying that you are a complete fuckwit who only sucks up the mods arse when it suits him and is the first to jump on ANYONE when you feel they have made ANY transgression and tactful is just NOT in your dictionary. Your ego is so huge that you can never , ever admit when you make a mistake ( not unless a mod points it out whereby you fall over yourself ensuring that you stay in their good books.) This behaviour has been going on for years and as I have pointed out in my previous post, the contents of which you ignored ( par for the course for you) is really starting to hamper my enjoyment of the boards and many others who visit here. I have taken you to task on the guidelines and forum friendliness before and I have no issue i doing it again. Please start ensuring that you treat EVERYONE with respect or I will make a formal complaint regarding your behaviour to the mods. I get that you have been here for a long time- well pop quiz for you buddy- I have been on this board for longer than you. Keep your ego in check and your arrogance to a minimum and we will get on just fine. I am sure that many other posters feel the same , especially the ones who have been burnt out of order for no particular reason by yourself. You are not a mod and you need to learn the art of tact and respect. I am sure that this will fall on deaf ears and yet am happy to meet you half way and to show mutual respect- sadly I do not think that you will be willing to do so in any conciliatory way.

Edited by Jobe

Discussions on wipeout ages ago suggested that there were up to about 6 different ride programs (could be more or less) but that as she aged, dreamworld cut back the more taxing stressing of the programs down to only 1 or 2 gentler ones. Hopefully we'll see them open it back up to randomise the other programs or perhaps they could even offer an option like Pandamonium and have a gentle cycle and a intense cycle running throughout the day...

The cycle we get currently certainly is extended, the latter half seeming to be a Dreamworld special. I've thrown a video in below of the only other Waiki Wave left in the world. It's been cleaned up recently and running the same program, albeit cut short as Wipeout, however prior to this it was operating on a far more trimmed down variant of our current cycle.

I remember back in 2011 during the month of April, the day I went the night before they put in a new motor from vekoma and they put the ride back in to its opening day cycle, however because of its age they didn't want to take any risks and they played with the program software to tweak it so it wasn't as rough, that's what the engineer was telling me anyway. I have heard rumours from several people that Wipeout will come with new programs built into the computer as Wipeout will come with new software, hydraulics and motors etc so they can ramp it up even better than back in 1993. But until June 30 we won't know. But I just think it's great how Dreamworld is going the extra mile with Wipeout keeping it alive and giving it a lot of love and attention.

I do give them a lot of credit here for the amount of money being spent on and old flat ride, rather than scrap it and replace it with a lame top spin or something.

I still think Wipeout is one of the best rides around and glad that they have chosen to prolong it's life!

Went to movie world today to find superman down for maintenance. Seems to be getting a lot of love with the entire area blocked off for painting. All the supports were getting a fresh dose of paint which will look great. Because superman was closed the only way to get to arkham asylum was through the alleyway near Scooby doo. No work has been done in the alleyway just gray drab paint and marks on the walls where windows, signs and doors used to be. Was kind of hoping they would do something here now that they've opened it up but it looks like crap.

Went to movie world today to find superman down for maintenance. Seems to be getting a lot of love with the entire area blocked off for painting. All the supports were getting a fresh dose of paint which will look great. Because superman was closed the only way to get to arkham asylum was through the alleyway near Scooby doo. No work has been done in the alleyway just gray drab paint and marks on the walls where windows, signs and doors used to be. Was kind of hoping they would do something here now that they've opened it up but it looks like crap.

Hence why closing Chinatown in the first place was a bad idea.

post-152-0-63005800-1398855076_thumb.png

So Dreamworld updates:

Reef diver has a sign stating it is closed for maintenance, nothing else done so no need for a pic.

Wipeout has progressed very little from the painting of the wave (except for the lone mechanic with a electric drill). There is nice signage though which states "After 20 years and 7 million riders Wipeout is undergoing a major refurbishment. We apologise for any inconvenience and look forwar to wiping you out again soon" (or something to that effect.)

Log Ride is down for annual maintenance.

What was remaining of the Captain Sturt is now gone and the river looks like astroturf it is that green and chunky.

Pandemonium had issues with all carriages stopping correctly when the ride was finished. This was pretty ongoing everytime we were in the area.

More staff in the Wiggles area so no alternating and families able to get on in a more steady flow.

Additional food outlets open as well. Hopefully these are ongoing and not just from holidays having just finished.