Future dreamworld plans?

themeparklover

In Australia, didn't only 1 of the SAW movies get an R18+ rating?

I get your point though, but still. Theming a ride to a "horror" movie is different to theming a ride to a drugs/hookers/kill random people for the sake of it video game.

In saying that, Zombie Evilution could be interesting....everyone gets a baseball bat and you have to beat the shit out of hooker dummies in the maze for points.

Didn't think that I would see this thread pop up again...should have known better.

Agreed that the park needs a maintenance crew to go over the entire park to start with, but just share a few thoughts I have had while walking the park with the family over the holidays.

Remove or replace the SBNO attractions to allow for no wasted areas of the park.

Remove the old water park area and the Big Brother attraction including the stage area.

Allow a new section of the park to be expanded into this area, although they may be waiting for the Coomera Town Centre area to be built to give the park a second entry/exit in this area.

Give the park a new attraction that is very Rare in the world or at least a new world first...this worked for the TOT and GD rides when opened and helped the park sustain high visitor levels for quite a while.

We can only guess what the park will be getting or what their plans are of course....as always the first we will know of this is when ML submits plans through to council for approval, and then only if we can find them.

Just a thought....

Filling in the river inside the blue line in the above image (not the whole river) gives more land for bigger, better rides and would make Motocoaster not look so out of place. They could redevelop the old rivertown area into a new world (new theme for MDMC?). With the river gone in that area it can be spaced out better (Wiggles World + new themed area with "Motocoaster"). A new pathway could be built at the side with the remaining river as an alternative way across the park to the log ride without going through the wildlife park.

Redline would go good in that area. They could redesign it and make it a free attraction. I went on it once and found it not worth the money. It had PS2 graphics so an upgrade is needed. They could build a path behind motorcoaster for a great viewing area and there is room for another world that could have a boat dark ride like LTRR, maybe a new coaster and other new attractions.

Edited by Gary86

It would cost a lot, but like we have said they could just fill it in until the start of wiggles world. Most of the rides and attractions are placed and themed around a specific area, except mdmc. Why have one ride with a theme which doesn't relate to anything else. I think the Motorsport area would be a good idea. U doubt that they would do it though. I don't think Dreamworld will bring back the paddle boat, but they need to put something in the water so it stays cleaner.

Not necessarily - they could use electric motors with solar panels... ;)

I like the idea of a round-trip boat ride (jungle cruise style would be a good idea) - but i also like the concept of getting onto the island - perhaps the endbeginning of the cruise could be a tunnel (similar to storybookland canal boats), and a land bridge going over the tunnel to connect the island without the need for floating transport like the rafts and canoes...

Yes its a large capital expenditure, and these days without a franchise to attach it to, it probably wouldn't happen - but that is something that would REALLY lift Dreamworld's game...

Not necessarily - they could use electric motors with solar panels... ;)

I like the idea of a round-trip boat ride (jungle cruise style would be a good idea) - but i also like the concept of getting onto the island - perhaps the endbeginning of the cruise could be a tunnel (similar to storybookland canal boats), and a land bridge going over the tunnel to connect the island without the need for floating transport like the rafts and canoes...

Yes its a large capital expenditure, and these days without a franchise to attach it to, it probably wouldn't happen - but that is something that would REALLY lift Dreamworld's game...

They could create the lake into a ride, similar to the Jaws one in Universal Studios. Obviously not Jaws, but something that fits Dreamworld. It's just an idea, probably won't happen.