2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

I messaged Dreamworld about the idea of installing video cameras onto the Giant Drop and they said this:

"We are close to doing exactly that! Great minds must think alike."
Thats good news. I think it will be a great addition to the ride, I will be buying one when they are installed. Each side of the GD will be close for a week in August, so I would say they will be installed then.

If you look at my latest update you can see a metal frame around the gondolas, that must be what it is for. Would definitely make for some funny footage.

I think as a video though, the camera needs to be mounted above the head, angled down, so that you can see the distance from the ground. A close-up shot of the rider will show the gravity drop reaction, but other than that its about 90 seconds of them sitting in a chair with a harness on.

Ideally - they need a camera mounted on each harness, with a fish-eye lens so that they fit you and the ground below in the shot. Judging by the info so far, they're mounting it above the car, so it's probably more in line with batwing - one camera for the gondola (although with GD, they'll probably need a good fisheye lens to capture the whole gondola at once so the ground will be in shot anyway)

I don't think a camera mounted forward would be an issue for the view (cameras aren't very big these days - they aren't going to block much of the view), but I can't see how they'd do that when the load station is so tightly built around it - overhead and right above is probably the most likely.

Those surfboards look great, and Dreamworld posted this photo on Facebook. I also asked them if Wipeout will be open for Screamworld, they said unfortunately it wont be, however it is scheduled to launch just after Screamworld. I have a feeling Monday the 7th will be the day. Doesn't look like there is much to do now and it looks amazing, such a great transformation.

post-2866-0-05338900-1404360256_thumb.jp

I still don't see how the surfboards going up is BREAKING NEWS. Something like "BREAKING NEWS wipeout will be up and running for screamworld" or "BREAKING NEWS wipeout is testing its new ride cycle" or "BREAKING NEWS wipeout is getting its water back" ha ha ha but seriously when will wipeout getting its water back?