2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

I was out at the park today and got quiet a few photos that I'll put up later tonight. The 'ERT' for passholders on Tailspin only lasted till 11am when it opened to the public. Great ride once you get the hang of spinning the planes (which is easier said than done) and the line never got longer than about 25 minutes. Also found that the single rider queue is considerably slower and they make everyone aware of this which is good. Plane 3 (outside of the 2nd row) seemed to be the money seat for spinning, well for me anyway. Hopefully I'll have some photos up later tonight but I have a bit of stuff I need to do first.

It's a combination of turning the wings (1 up and 1 down) and shifting your wait. It's like swing your legs on a swing set you have to be patient with leaning in the opposite direction so you get the most momentum. Eventually you roll once and you stay still an the thing just keeps rolling like crazy until the ride ends. Barely anyone was rolling (1 every 2 or 3 cycles if you were lucky) so when someone got the hang of it wveryone watching thought it was hilarious. Most people ride it as a kiddy ride which is fine.

What I think is great about the ride is how it can be a really enjoyable ride for everyone. Thrills seekers can go crazy on it, while others can just sit back and relax. Looking forward to riding this next time at the park. From what I've seen from photos it is really well themed and fits into ocean parade well. Can anyone say how the parent swap system works? And have TV's been installed yet, for Dreamworld TV? And finally, has anyone had a chance to ride Triple Vortex?

Yeah the fact that you pick your thrill and physically have to make it happen makes the ride more enjoyable for me. I saw parent swap happen easily without impacting the capacity of the ride. There's a little holding area next to the queue where 1 parent can wait with the child while the other rides. Then the kid exits with the parent who just rode and the parent accompanying the child in the holding area gets to ride. I didn't see any new TV's around the park at all so not sure what's happening with that and I'm pretty sure Triple Vortex didn't open at all today although I'm not 100% sure.

I can't be stuffed trying to find the relevant quotes - but with regards to the single rider queue - i'm pretty sure I predicted that when we first found out they were putting one in.

I don't think it was the right choice - parent swap on the other hand sounds like it's perfectly suited.

^^When I was there last year there were a couple of tv's showing the rides. Video is quite old I think. There was also a large TV placed vertically in the giant drop queue line used for advertising passes and park experiences. There was also a smaller one above that showing the same video as the one in River Rapids.

Edited by themagician

Here are a few more pictures from yesterday:

15101168158_116a600288_k.jpg

They have introduced a number of bollard poles around Ocean Parade.

15101184437_1dd70686fa_k.jpg
No idea why but they do look nice.

15101171810_98c6d91654_k.jpg

The Coffee Bean is open on Main Street.

15264852806_47e6eb3d0f_k.jpg

They've done a good job with it.

15264846836_068ea3519c_k.jpg

The inside is nice too.

15101306618_3a3276394a_k.jpg

The offerings are also a step up from the usual burgers and fries.

15284722361_24e3ff9393_k.jpg

Little Puff now looks lonely next to the train station.

The Queensland government brought in new strict laws on the amount of endorphins one can have whilst at the Gold Coast Theme parks.

This is one of the many countermeasures brought in to make sure people aren't too happy.

From Dreamworld's FB page....seriously?

Fun Police Alert!

Be on the look out for Dreamworld's Fun Police...he's in pursuit for happiness!

‪#‎DWhappiness‬

I think the idea for the Fun Police Officer is to try to have some sort of street entertainment. If you read through the posts to Dreamworld on FB, people say about how there isn't enough street entertainment throughout the park (a part from the dreamworks, wiggles characters and kenny koala, but these are mainly for photos) like there used to be. So the fun police officer was something they could quickly put together. Maybe the park could have a balloon animal maker or a street magician of some sort (there is one in the big brother house at the moment, so maybe afterwards he could get a job at DW). Or even have a cowboy steal a fake bag of money (like they have at mw) in the gold rush country. I think some simple street performers such as these throughout the day can make a difference.