Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

Hi Adam

Platinum SP details are planned for release tomorrow with the sale starting on Wednesday. Note there is no "Early Bird" price discount on these. We have been slightly held up by some associated Platinum merchandise deliveries which are now due to arrive at AW on Wednesday so our apologies for the slight delay.

The speed of the lift has been rectified (it was operating for a while on a very slow mode that no one here picked up till someone mentioned here (thanks whoever that was) We also have all chairs back in action now where we were a little short at points last year. I fear we will still have fewer people coming down than going up which does mean alternate loading for the correct balance. :(

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine it was simply different design parameters - chairlifts at ski resorts are designed (cable thickness, number and frequency of supports, number of chairs, motor power/torque) under the assumption that they'll be empty on the way down.  Adventure world's was built under the assumption that a roughly equal number of people would be heading down as up, which was probably correct at the time.

All

We are looking into this and will get back to you with an answer.  It wont be for a few weeks yet as our external Engineer that signs off the rides will take a look into this. It would be great if we could rectify the issue. We are acutely aware of the number of people that will want to use the chairlift this season. The road leading up to the top of Alpine Mountain (as it used to be know) is being completely resurfaced with a light red bitumen so should be a lot cooler and smoother on bare feet!

I saw the mi2 slide name sign painted up today... its really looking very cool.

Mark

This is interesting.  Here are the platinum pass details.  It looks like you have to be one of the first 600 to make it to the service entrance of Adventure World.  The sale starts Thursday.

From Adventure World's Facebook Page:

The LIMITED EDITION Platinum Season Pass goes on sale this Thursday 20 August 2015, only at Adventure World Reception.

PLATINUM SEASON PASS PRICES:
Adult (14+ years) $275.00
Child (4-13 years) $220.00
Family 2+1 $650.00
Family 2+2 (1+3) $785.00
Family 2+3 (1+4) $860.00
Family 2+4 (1+5) $915.00

Sale starts Thursday 20 August 2015 at Adventure World only.
Platinum Season Pass is exclusively available to the first 600 people to purchase.
Not available online. Only available to purchase from Adventure World Reception located through the Service Entry of Progress Drive, Bibra Lake.
It is not possible to upgrade to Platinum Season Pass from Standard Season Pass. A standard Season pass can be refunded if a Platinum Season pass has already been purchased.
Photo ID is required at time of purchase and will be printed on the reverse of the Platinum Season Pass card.
Terms & Conditions Apply see website for details

More details about the Platinum pass.  Apparently the Fastpass is for one visit only.  This isn't really apparent from the Facebook Page.  Mark, you might want to make that clear.

SALE STARTS 20 AUGUST 2015 ONLY AT ADVENTURE WORLD reception

P LATINUM STATUSReceive a unique ID card, an exclusive Platinum Member cap and a limited edition fridge magnet with key dates for your summer!
50% Off FreindsDiscount off entry tickets for up to six people over the entire season when they attend with the Platinum Season Pass holder. 
FREE FN TicketA free ticket to Fright Nights 
FREE Fast PassA free Fast Pass on one visit
15 Mins EarlyAccess to the park via the Season Pass entrance at the car park 15 minutes prior to the public during peak season (26 Dec 2015 to 31 Jan 2016).
33% Off CabanaDiscount off hire of a luxury cabana (excluding 26 Dec 2015 to 31 Jan 2016) per family. Individual Platinum Season Pass Members also receive this discount. 
25% Off F&BDiscount off food & drinks at outlets in the park, excluding alcohol and promo items
25% Off MerchDiscount off Merchandise in the Gift Shop, excluding promo items.

This is interesting.  Here are the platinum pass details.  It looks like you have to be one of the first 600 to make it to the service entrance of Adventure World.  The sale starts Thursday.

More details about the Platinum pass.  Apparently the Fastpass is for one visit only.  This isn't really apparent from the Facebook Page.  Mark, you might want to make that clear.

Does that mean regular season pass holders will have to wait until 10am before they can enter the park?  Or is the 9:45am entry applicable to all members?

I think most of us guessed that the Platinum pass would have more generous discounts for Cabanas, Food, Merch, etc.  And the fastpass on a busy day is tempting.  But I do wonder if the $100 premium is worth it.  In my case it's $500 (wife & 3 teens).

I had wondered if the platinum might offer extended ride time before opening or after closing. Perhaps for the 6 weekends over the summer holidays. In any case, we've got 36 hours to make our minds up.

So....1 free fast pass, 1 free fright night, 1 off reduced cabana hire (not in peak time), 6 guests at 50% instead of 8 at 40% and a hat and fridge magnet......I think i'm happy to just stick with the regular family pass.

Don't think we will go to a fright night and can't see us hiring a cabana........though will end up buying fast passes on at least a couple of occasions during the season for the family...

Edited by grrofunger

^Funny, but true.

There's a bit of reaction on AW's Facebook Page.  People are doing the maths.  I think the original Early Bird Season Pass is tough to beat.  I appreciate that Adventure World doesn't want its Fast Pass system overloaded. The Platinum souvenirs are almost like an exclusive club thing. 

They're also getting a bit of feedback with regards to people walking up the hill.  It certainly will limit repeat rides for some people.

There was an interesting comment about not doing enough to attract the seniors.  I still think they're giving away the gate here.  That's why rides like Thunder River Rapids at DW do so well (when they're open).  It appeals to everyone.  Even activities at Adventure World like feeding the Koi and Kangaroos could be made easier if they lowered the fence a little.      

^Funny, but true.

There's a bit of reaction on AW's Facebook Page.  People are doing the maths.  I think the original Early Bird Season Pass is tough to beat.  I appreciate that Adventure World doesn't want its Fast Pass system overloaded. The Platinum souvenirs are almost like an exclusive club thing. 

They're also getting a bit of feedback with regards to people walking up the hill.  It certainly will limit repeat rides for some people.

There was an interesting comment about not doing enough to attract the seniors.  I still think they're giving away the gate here.  That's why rides like Thunder River Rapids at DW do so well (when they're open).  It appeals to everyone.  Even activities at Adventure World like feeding the Koi and Kangaroos could be made easier if they lowered the fence a little.      

I actually disagree with the Facebook comments re walking up the hill.  From the Super 6 entrance to the top isn't a huge distance.  Most seniors are unlikely to ride the Monster and anyone under 1.2m can't ride anyway.  That leaves the inbetweeners to walk off their donuts.  And we don't even have to carry the giant tube.  Maybe a cold drinks kiosk next to the freefall might refresh people while they wait in line.

Yeah, I tend to avoid Adventure World during those days or just have a chilled one, lazing by the pool in the afternoon. 

The Fast Pass would probably be best value on the go-karts or the slides as they get a big queue really quickly.  You don't really need it on Abyss or Freefall, especially if you ride in the first hour.

I used to ride Abyss two or three times.  Go up the hill to Freefall and then chill out on the chairlift if it had opened up by then.  

It will be interesting to see how the new ride affects traffic patterns.  Will people swim first, then do dry rides?     

For me AW is predominantly a waterpark.

Will ride Abyss early and that's me done for dry rides, then its water water waterslides with the kids all day.

Rampage is too violent for me, similar with black widow - I don't like spinning around. Kids don't really like Bounty's Revenge (that ride is much nastier than it looks - each drop in quick succession) and Freefall meh i have no interest in that either

They will dry off and go on some dragons kingdom rides during the day but still all about the water mainly (we always station ourselves in dragons kingdom)

We only do the go karts once every couple of visits.

Bumper boats and rail rider don't even really get considered

Edited by grrofunger

Isnt that a bit poor that you're taking up seats for hours that you're not even using?

This.

Seating at water parks is in short supply, and hogging it while you're not there is selfish.

If I put my towel or esky on a change room toilet does that mean I get to have it for myself all day?

Mark, how long will it be roughly till we find out the theming, name and stuff like that regarding MI2 and other stuff around the park? Thanks Tim :)

Anyone looked for trademarks?

Isnt that a bit poor that you're taking up seats for hours that you're not even using?

well you can't take an esky into Dreamworld to start with.

we also generally attend in an extended family group of 8-12 people  and a few toddlers/babies who invariably end up back at the kiddy pool while we are still on rides (or may not even head into DW), so it's not like we're taking up seating for hours and hours. It's really no different to someone dropping their stuff and continually going on slide for hours

Edited by Brad2912