MW Mini Driving School - Officially Confirmed

Brad2912

So Dodgem Cars = Autopia?

BigKev = Fail.

And - 'flipping my example around' - I didn't change the physical ride experience of any of the four rides in my example - they were all the exact same PHYSICAL experience... Slowing superman down is not.

Kev - you've lost this one old son. You're entitled to your opinion, and we're all entitled to tell you how wrong you are.

Case dismissed. Let's break for lunch.

So Dodgem Cars = Autopia?

BigKev = Fail.

And - 'flipping my example around' - I didn't change the physical ride experience of any of the four rides in my example - they were all the exact same PHYSICAL experience... Slowing superman down is not.

Kev - you've lost this one old son. You're entitled to your opinion, and we're all entitled to tell you how wrong you are.

Case dismissed. Let's break for lunch.

You point out the existing ride experience with no theming, I point out the existing theming with no ride experience.

Happy to agree to disagree though, and I'll have Supreme.

^Yes - but i'm not suggesting ride experience isn't necessary - you are suggesting theming isn't.

No, not at all, I'm saying it is second to the quality of the ride.

<Earlier>

I know people on here see theming etc as vitally important to rides, to me it is just the icing on the cake.

So, to paraphrase, you don't see theming as vitally important - in otherwords, we don't really need it... or "it isn't necessary" (Otherwise it would be "vitally important").

But let's take "icing on the cake" for a moment...

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/icing+on+the+cake

• an extra enhancement
  • something good that is added to another good thing

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/the-icing-on-the-cake

• something that makes a good situation even better

By definition, you've described theming as 'something extra, to make a good thing better'. No matter which way you slice it, your 'icing on the cake' isn't going to get you out of this one.

Either you're saying JDS is good, and the theming makes it better; or

You're saying that BATRide, JL and LTRR would all be good rides, even with zero theming (ie: as I portrayed them earlier in big empty rooms)

You can't have it both ways. I get the feeling you're being negative just to stand your ground on your earlier viewpoint to save face. If you look back into the early days of JDS - I was quite negative about the concept as well - bemoaning the loss of such a classic attraction for such a pathetic replacement... but it isn't. I've seen it grow and I recognise that this is a solid attraction suitable to younger kids - something MW is sorely lacking.

You're sore that your children won't enjoy it. Or that you can't ride it freely. Tough titties. Everyone else on this board felt the same about it 18 months ago - however, most have come out and clearly retracted their earlier comments after seeing how well it's pulled off.

You try to justify your different view by referring to yourself as being interested in theme parks, rather than a theme park fanatic - and yet YOU are the one carrying on like the typical theme park fanatics - always having a cry over something the park did that you don't like.

If this were TPR, i'm fairly certain you'd have been blocked by Robb Alvey by now for your whinging and whining.

Finally - to put this difference of opinions to rest - since the ride opened, how many times have you visited the park?

if the answer is ZERO - then I invite you to experience the attraction before passing any further judgment.

I think everyone has had enough bloviated posturing AlexB. No one's gaining anything from this. Let it go...

THANK YOU Richard. Such a waste of space (the direction of the discussion I mean).

Rio is coming to the Roxy Theatre:

attachicon.gif10626469_10152535037697182_3665608389352671758_n.jpg

So, Mini Movie World was right! This sounds excellent. A perfect theme for a 4D theatre experience and a great filler in a low capex year for MW.

Junior Driving School has been packed when I go on the ride and it's still very busy when HSD2 is on. Speedy's is doing ok with opening of JDS. If Speedy's was to leave MW for good It will mostly go in the next three to five years depending if JDS will still be popular after the school holidays

Junior Driving School has been packed when I go on the ride and it's still very busy when HSD2 is on. Speedy's is doing ok with opening of JDS. If Speedy's was to leave MW for good It will mostly go in the next three to five years depending if JDS will still be popular after the school holidays

Oh thanks. Speedy's won't last much longer. My prediction is that it would be gone by 2017.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX