MW Mini Driving School - Officially Confirmed

Brad2912

And how long you can expect to be in the queue for.

for me it was a walk on. Well that was because the I got there very early! :P

post-29384-0-82536300-1410666324_thumb.j QUEUE LINE

post-29384-0-42650500-1410666517_thumb.j Inside the Queue Line there's a speaker inside telling you some safety rules.post-29384-0-12642200-1410666685_thumb.j Driver's License Photos

More Photos soon..

Edited by The_Ninja_59

Sorry for the delay, had an issue with my phone at the park. Ninja's photos probably better show the queue line but I'll upload mine anyway - didn't really want to get too creepy and close taking pictures of little kids.

post-39-0-56577900-1410680780_thumb.jpg

Queue line entry to the right as you walk in. To the left is...

post-39-0-74565500-1410680861_thumb.jpg

This.

post-39-0-95752400-1410680916_thumb.jpg

post-39-0-17736500-1410680960_thumb.jpg

Didn't get a chance to ride but I was very impressed with what I saw. Kids were loving it.

Other notes - HWSD2 still makes little to no sense but it's still very much a crowd pleaser. Perhaps even more so than the original. If they could just find a way to make the fireball relevant it'd be good. Oh and new lasers in Scooby don't hurt your eyes. ;)

I forgot to say this but you have to put your loose items in inside the Scooby Castle like hats and sunglasses and big items.

I enjoyed the ride and you won't be dissapointed with the ride Well I know some of y'all's will be disappointed but at the end of the day at least the LTRR isn't SBNO

Personally I think TailSpin will be better than MWJDS anyways I give the ride a 9.1/10

Edited by The_Ninja_59

Not sure what your first paragraph meant, but my translation of it seems to indicate nothing new.

I somehow doubt tailspin and driving school are targeted at the same demographic, so saying 1 is better than the other is pointless.

9.1 - so how did it lose the 0.9? And that's a strange score given that is less than a point off perfection...

Went on Mini Cars today. It was actually pretty enjoyable for an adult. A lot of adults also enjoyed it as well. As much as everyone was diss appointed that this was the replacement for the River Ride, I think it fills the family ride demographic in the park excellently.

My favourite part of the whole ride was all the little touches. In Scooby's castle, you could hear the Daphne spiel from the elevator, in the Gotham section you could see Catwoman's silhouette, and on the Superman building you could clearly see all the news articles and posters located in SE's queue posted on the outside of the building. Definitely a good addition to the park.

At the risk of copping some well-deserved 'I told you so's', I've got to say now that the ride is finished and open I am a convert and think it's really pretty good. AlexB & some others were right and I was wrong (so rare, I know;)) - the finished version of the ride has totally changed my mind. It also appears to be getting rave reviews online.

The main reason I like it is the excellent scenery and theming. Some of those details that I have seen in the videos, and that others have mentioned, are fantastic. I love that there are some animated/mechanical elements such as the spinning Tweety etc. The boot hill in the western town right down to the dead grass, the lights on in the windows of the sets and facades, and the way the replicas of the signage and other features are so very accurate but at the same time there is enough creativity and imagination thrown in to make it all come alive - as a good theme park attraction should. And I think that boils down to the reason I approve of it so much - this theming detail has meant it is almost a dark ride itself, albeit a self-propelled one. The fact that adults can go on too makes it a genuine family attraction, whereas we heard initially it would only be for kids.

The only negative is the ride's exterior. They've done such a top job inside but then nothing on the outside. The 2D signage stuck to the corrugated wall of the shed makes it look temporary. They could have at least had a few cut-out characters running up along the side of the opening, sticking out a bit to give it more depth and interest. That big rectangle hole cut in the side of the shed doesn't help. I'm a big believer in new attractions adding to the park's general aesthetics and atmosphere, so this means good external presentation, signage and theming.

And after that rant, here's another new video. The previous one seems to have been removed:

For anyone who's ridden on it, do they teach (and to some extent try to enforce) any basic road rules in the way the attractions at Legoland do? Or do they essentially just let people drive around as they wish?

They have an safety spiel that mentions the rules. They also have signs posted up in the queue area stating the rules. Most of the kids don't listen to them, though.

At the risk of copping some well-deserved 'I told you so's', I've got to say now that the ride is finished and open I am a convert and think it's really pretty good. AlexB & some others were right and I was wrong (so rare, I know;)) - the finished version of the ride has totally changed my mind. It also appears to be getting rave reviews online.

I don't agree.

Yes, theming and attention to detail is excellent, big tick there.

But to me replacing a ride like the LTRR with what is in effect a fancy dodge'em cars ride is a huge disappointment, in terms of the quality of the actual ride.

I completely agree BigKev. For all the hype that surrounded the Storm coaster at Sea World, that's basically all it is (just a coaster). The ride experience is pretty pathetic compared to what it replaced.

It's not an issue of lack of funds, because a lot of money was spend on Storm. I can only assume the people making decisions about new rides don't really appreciate what a theme park is all about. If so that is a big concern for me.

When something is built in the same location as a previous ride, it does not necessarily mean it is the replacement ride. As I have stated previously, for all you know, MW has a great family ride planned in the next year or so that is the true replacement for LTRR.

Storm is an Australian first ride, and is quality in theming and ride experience. To call it pathetic shows either terrible judgement or lack of I understanding. LTRR And BT were beyond repair (well financially viable repair), SW desperately needed a coaster knowing SV was on its last legs, MW desperately needed a quality unique kids ride (the one area DW has it all over them). Both rides were astute ideas and well executed. People need to stop finding reasons go complain...

When something is built in the same location as a previous ride, it does not necessarily mean it is the replacement ride. As I have stated previously, for all you know, MW has a great family ride planned in the next year or so that is the true replacement for LTRR.

Storm is an Australian first ride, and is quality in theming and ride experience. To call it pathetic shows either terrible judgement or lack of I understanding. LTRR And BT were beyond repair (well financially viable repair), SW desperately needed a coaster knowing SV was on its last legs, MW desperately needed a quality unique kids ride (the one area DW has it all over them). Both rides were astute ideas and well executed. People need to stop finding reasons go complain...

Fair call, put LTRR aside and it is still a weak ride.

Great theming but a weak ride. I think having dodge'em cars as a significant attraction at a theme park is disappointing.

Is it just me or does bigkev and pushbutton remind anyone else of these guys?

No. :P

Fair call, put LTRR aside and it is still a weak ride.

Great theming but a weak ride. I think having dodge'em cars as a significant attraction at a theme park is disappointing.

I am yet to hear a single negative review from any child that has been on it, nor any parent accompanying said child.

You do realise that not every ride is intended for adults? It was not built to be a 'must ride' for adults. There is nothing weak about it, it's a kids ride, and kids love it! What the hell more do you want?? I wouldn't even call it a significant attraction for the whole of MW, just a significant attraction for the kids area, which is as it's been marketed since day one. I haven't seen any advetistments saying 'after you jump off SE, don't miss out on getting your fake licence down at Jnr Driving School!

But rest assured it would never be good enough.

Exactly! And I find that eternally bloody frustrating! Have some perspective for damn sake!

Edited by Brad2912

I must admit i was wrong about how Junior Driving School would turn out. it looks as it's a big hit with the children and it's not aimed at adults so for a child it must be so cool driving down main street in their own car. the theming inside is pretty good with the exception for the roof but due to costs i can see why they didn't touch it. now the outside of the building is a different story. as GoGoBoy said they need to ad some things to the outside of the building. they could even just paint some clouds on to make it look less "just some paint on a wall" kinda look. overall i think MovieWorld has prooven me wrong. (i like it when Theme Parks proove me wrong.)

BigKev, if this wasn't a replacement of LTRR and was in another location, would you still feel the same. Honestly, why do you see this as a bad attraction.

I can see I'm one out here, maybe it's the difference between being a theme park fanatic and just being interested in theme parks.

I know people on here see theming etc as vitally important to rides, to me it is just the icing on the cake.

If this ride was there instead of the Speedy Cars or the Dodge'em rink near Scooby I'd think it was a very good improvement.

My issue is with the quality of the ride, I don't question it is popular now but I question the re-ridability and whether it will hold interest down the track.

For older kids, in that gap between the Looney Tunes Rides and the thrill rides (say 8 - 12 year olds) I think this ride will quickly lose interest and I think that is a shame as it is the demographic MW is weakest at appealing to.