Theme Park Staples

downunder196

You can just tell ok.

Just let him have this one. It's best not to trouble the institutionalised.

I'M SORRY WHAT?!

That is an EXTREMELY offensive and rude thing to say. Instead of being so cocky why don't you watch POVs of both and read the comments.

From Insane at Grona Lund:

1. "I went on this and it doesnt hurt at all in my opinion."

2. "I've been on this one at least 10 times and its really cool cause u don't really know where you are the first times. Now I only ride it with newbies cause i love their faces during the ride. strongly recommended"

3. "I love this one, one of my faves"

Compared to the Green Lantern comments which are:

1. "...and painful at that. I have ridden it, and it hurts my groin every single time. I'm never riding it again. Ouch!"

2. "When i rode this, that last part hurts you."

3. "RIDE THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT KIDS"

They were the Top 3 comments from Green Lantern. There are no positive comments. Insane on the other hand, has no negative comments. Therefore, given that I said it was from comments on a video, unless you have proof that what I am posting is false or you have evidence that proves me wrong, please A) shut up, and B) don't say such ridiculous and offensive things as you just did.

Well you can actually tell. But what I was referencing was a combination of the comments of Grona Lund's coaster compared to every other Zacspin and its review... It is very popular.

why don't you watch POVs of both and read the comments.

And there you go. "You can actually tell" .... no, what you mean to say is "you can blindly follow what people say in youtube comments"

And there you go. "You can actually tell" .... no, what you mean to say is "you can blindly follow what people say in youtube comments"

Well unlike you they have actually ridden it so I know for sure as hell that their opinion is more valid than yours. Don't you have a ride-ops union to be founding?

Well unlike you they have actually ridden it so I know for sure as hell that their opinion is more valid than yours. Don't you have a ride-ops union to be founding?

And me not riding it is relevant because.....? That wasn't ever in question. What was in question was your comment on how by watching the POV you could tell how comfy a ride was. Then you've admitted you're just going by other peoples reactions in youtube comments.

Not entirely sure what you're meaning with a ride ops union?

I've ridden Green Lantern and had no issues with it....

The only thing I remember from GL is in the last brake run, sometimes it's an abrupt stop. Nothing that hurts. No coaster is perfectly smooth anyway. Sure some will be smoother than others, but you're always going to be bumped around a bit. Anyone who thinks otherwise should probably stay within their bubble wrapped house.

Correct me if i'm mistaken - but aren't Insane at Grona Lund and Green Lantern at SFMM the exact same model?

Sure theres going to be minor differences in every installation, variations in wheels (nylon polymer, worn or new, balance and combination of the two), but shouldn't the ride experience (whilst designed to be random) be fairly similar...

1. "I went on this and it doesnt hurt at all in my opinion."

It seems to me that this particular comment is coming from someone who is REPLYING to others who claim it does hurt. If he was just commenting he'd say "i went on this and it was great!"... the fact he says 'doesn't hurt at all in my opinion" suggests to me that its a response to other people who have said it does hurt.

You can't tell something is comfortable from a video - plain and simple.

I'M SORRY WHAT?!

That is an EXTREMELY offensive and rude thing to say.

unless you have proof that what I am posting is false or you have evidence that proves me wrong, please A) shut up, and B) don't say such ridiculous and offensive things as you just did.

Extremely offensive and rude thing to say... You mean like calling ride operators Lazy 14 year old Teenagers ?

YOU haven't PROVEN your claim yet. YOU claimed that Insane is more comfortable than other Zacspins. YOU claimed YOU COULD TELL by watching a video. As PROOF, YOU offered comments on that video. That isn't PROOF. In the legal world, thats HEARSAY, and is inadmissible.

In order for you to PROVE your statement, you need someone INDEPENDENT who has had the opportunity to ride BOTH versions of the attraction and then give their honest opinion.

I've been on GLFF - I consider it horrible. Gazza has ridden GLFF and has no issue with it. This is another issue you're going to have PROVING your own claim - because DIFFERENT people have DIFFERENT opinions... So another person's OPINION on a youtube video doesn't PROVE it's more comfortable. It doesn't even PROVE that they have been on it.

I've never ridden Insane at Grona Lund - but I could go onto youtube right now, and leave a comment saying "i've been on this, and it's the most excruciatingly painful thing i've ever been on - DO NOT RIDE." Then reanimated could use my comment as PROOF that he was right and you were wrong... because he would have done the exact same thing as you... see?

Calm down, take your own advice previously stated at "a)" and read the advice from "Nice Alex" in the other thread. You're starting to scare Nice Alex away with these kinds of diatribes.

Correct me if i'm mistaken - but aren't Insane at Grona Lund and Green Lantern at SFMM the exact same model?

Sure theres going to be minor differences in every installation, variations in wheels (nylon polymer, worn or new, balance and combination of the two), but shouldn't the ride experience (whilst designed to be random) be fairly similar...

It seems to me that this particular comment is coming from someone who is REPLYING to others who claim it does hurt. If he was just commenting he'd say "i went on this and it was great!"... the fact he says 'doesn't hurt at all in my opinion" suggests to me that its a response to other people who have said it does hurt.

You can't tell something is comfortable from a video - plain and simple.

Extremely offensive and rude thing to say... You mean like calling ride operators Lazy 14 year old Teenagers ?

YOU haven't PROVEN your claim yet. YOU claimed that Insane is more comfortable than other Zacspins. YOU claimed YOU COULD TELL by watching a video. As PROOF, YOU offered comments on that video. That isn't PROOF. In the legal world, thats HEARSAY, and is inadmissible.

In order for you to PROVE your statement, you need someone INDEPENDENT who has had the opportunity to ride BOTH versions of the attraction and then give their honest opinion.

I've been on GLFF - I consider it horrible. Gazza has ridden GLFF and has no issue with it. This is another issue you're going to have PROVING your own claim - because DIFFERENT people have DIFFERENT opinions... So another person's OPINION on a youtube video doesn't PROVE it's more comfortable. It doesn't even PROVE that they have been on it.

I've never ridden Insane at Grona Lund - but I could go onto youtube right now, and leave a comment saying "i've been on this, and it's the most excruciatingly painful thing i've ever been on - DO NOT RIDE." Then reanimated could use my comment as PROOF that he was right and you were wrong... because he would have done the exact same thing as you... see?

Calm down, take your own advice previously stated at "a)" and read the advice from "Nice Alex" in the other thread. You're starting to scare Nice Alex away with these kinds of diatribes.

I said from my 2nd post that the reasoning was the comments. I said straight away that that was what I meant.

And I'm sorry, but with the ride operators, why is it offensive to call them lazy when they are... calling someone institutionalised should be a ban worthy insult. Calling them lazy is simply saying that they don't work hard enough, which based off my own experience and many other peoples is frankly true. You even said yourself that they are not as good as international parks. Why is that OK? It's not like Australians are born to be less efficient... Just teach them better and force them to work harder.

As for the ride, I am sorry if you really believe that the contrasting comments are not indicative. If reanimated posted that you would definitely believe it. It is obvious that you have absolutely no argument and that all you wish to do is throw insults and attempt to say my evidence is incorrect when its not.

As for the reply, it was a reply to the question 'Is it as painful" not "I think it is painful". There were no negative comments on this coaster what so ever. There is a reason for that.

As for telling from a POV how comfortable it is, although that was never the main platform of my argument, the speed going through tight turns, the stability of the camera, the speed of brake runs and the speed going through the spins all tell you how comfortable the ride is. You can tell just from the POV of Green Lantern at Movie World that that last break run is a bit painful.

And you're just a punk kid who knows nothing...

How's that for a generalisation. Exactly the same as saying all ride ops are lazy. I'm not saying there are some that arnt, but that's the same in any role in any workplace. Plenty of them are great, and take pride in their jobs.

Efficiencies between countries are not comparable realistically due to differences in wages, workforce structures, management efficiencies, systems, engagement, the list goes on. Just because it works in 1 country doesn't mean it works the same, or is reasonable to expect it to, work the same elsewhere

As for telling from a POV how comfortable it is, although that was never the main platform of my argument, the speed going through tight turns, the stability of the camera, the speed of brake runs and the speed going through the spins all tell you how comfortable the ride is. You can tell just from the POV of Green Lantern at Movie World that that last break run is a bit painful.

Any ride with compression fins stops harder than GL at MW, take Road Runner or Scooby as an example. The majority of GL's brakes are magnetic, the friction brakes are only for the station blocks, and the two blocks mid track. It's only a hard stop when they're running all 6 cars and they stop you right at the start of the brake run when you're in the back train.

Edited by nitromefans

And you're just a punk kid who knows nothing...

How's that for a generalisation. Exactly the same as saying all ride ops are lazy. I'm not saying there are some that arnt, but that's the same in any role in any workplace. Plenty of them are great, and take pride in their jobs.

Efficiencies between countries are not comparable realistically due to differences in wages, workforce structures, management efficiencies, systems, engagement, the list goes on. Just because it works in 1 country doesn't mean it works the same, or is reasonable to expect it to, work the same elsewhere

Australians earn more than other countries so...

And talk about being selective with posts. As you will see in my other post about ride ops, I said that they weren't all lazy just some were!! So there goes your generalisation argument. You literally have nothing left to support your argument at all. Unless you want to argue that Australia has worse workforce structures, efficiency etc. than America, where everyone gets paid less and where they have a reputation for inefficient. Australia is arguably one of the most efficient countries in the world. And yet you still believe its OK for a 14 year old earning 7 bucks an hour at a Theme Park to work with vigour whilst there are SOME ride ops at Movie World and Dreamworld who earn almost triple that who couldn't care less, and if you read my other posts, are actually rude and offensive... All I can say is that you deserve the ride ops I mentioned.

Any ride with compression fins stops harder than GL at MW, take Road Runner or Scooby as an example. The majority of GL's brakes are magnetic, the friction brakes are only for the station blocks, and the two blocks mid track. It's only a hard stop when they're running all 6 cars and they stop you right at the start of the brake run when you're in the back train.

But you can still tell from the POV and they are only running 1 or 2 trains in the one I saw, so if you can tell from that then you could definitely tell when riding it with 6 cars.

BTW, why do they never use the 7th car? Is there no space?

How do we know that all these you tube commenters are not rake thin, and Kingda or anyone for the matter might be large? Comfort is relative to size, weight, proportions, which no 2 people will be the same.

Large? I am literally a rake...

Australians earn more than other countries so...

{snip}

Don't forget, USA has how many other parks to contend with? The parks we have on the coast have a pretty captive audience. Sure, you could always fly elsewhere to get better service, but realistically most people aren't going to take that option. So while the parks over there need to get everything perfect/really high standard and deal with much larger crowds, the parks here know that they don't have to work as hard to draw a crowd and people will always just come back another day.

But you can still tell from the POV and they are only running 1 or 2 trains in the one I saw, so if you can tell from that then you could definitely tell when riding it with 6 cars.

BTW, why do they never use the 7th car? Is there no space?

Could you share the POV please?

Re the last car - I thought it was a rotation thing. There's always 1 or 2 off the track for maintenance so they can keep the ride going while working on them, then just keep swapping them for working ones. By the time they've worked through them all, they need to start again. Might be wrong on that though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqgR4VZ39xM

Don't forget, USA has how many other parks to contend with? The parks we have on the coast have a pretty captive audience. Sure, you could always fly elsewhere to get better service, but realistically most people aren't going to take that option. So while the parks over there need to get everything perfect/really high standard and deal with much larger crowds, the parks here know that they don't have to work as hard to draw a crowd and people will always just come back another day.

Could you share the POV please?

Re the last car - I thought it was a rotation thing. There's always 1 or 2 off the track for maintenance so they can keep the ride going while working on them, then just keep swapping them for working ones. By the time they've worked through them all, they need to start again. Might be wrong on that though.

That is quite valid. However, competition can not be the sole reason to work faster and more efficiently. And anyway, there is 4 park competition on the gold coast... Sure Dreamworld really on has 2 but it should still be enough to crackdown on rogue ride ops.

Interesting. That's actually a lot smoother of a stop than usual for that brake run. As mentioned earlier, if you're the last car and the station is full and a car or 2 are already sitting on the brake run, you've got less stopping distance so of course the force would be stronger.

While the parks are in competition with each other, it's not that often you'd find one full and the other empty. (DW/MW) they all offer similar yet different things.

Interesting. That's actually a lot smoother of a stop than usual for that brake run. As mentioned earlier, if you're the last car and the station is full and a car or 2 are already sitting on the brake run, you've got less stopping distance so of course the force would be stronger.

While the parks are in competition with each other, it's not that often you'd find one full and the other empty. (DW/MW) they all offer similar yet different things.

Valid point. I still think that it would be in their best interest (especially in PEAK times) to improve their poorer staff. As seen with the young boy, it is not just about efficiency. He will not be going back to MW any time soon I doubt.

The fact that that run is nicer highlights just how rough it would be if the POV showed 6 car operation.

The fact that that run is nicer highlights just how rough it would be if the POV showed 6 car operation.

Not really. I only know it would be rougher because I've been on it. Any random who hasn't seen/been on the ride probably doesn't even know there's more cars that could be on the track hitting that brake run.

Not really. I only know it would be rougher because I've been on it. Any random who hasn't seen/been on the ride probably doesn't even know there's more cars that could be on the track hitting that brake run.

Just look at the description on Wiki and you know there are more cars. And the break run is still harsh with only 4 cars.

And you're expecting the public to go "ah so there's a total of 6/7 cars on the ride, let me just go back at watch that video again to see how many were there on track at the time and how abrupt the stop was then add in the extra cars on the ride that may or may not be there when I go and I'll use that to make a sound judgement of my possible enjoyment of the ride before I go to the park" ????????

Maybe the doctors need to tighten the straps on your jacket for a while.

I am not saying they would research, but IMO you'd have to be a bit thick to look up a POV, see only 2 cars on the track, and think that therefore they would only ever use two. If you're going to watch a POV you are more likely to do a bit more research. Although I take your point about the public not being enthusiasts. That's why those videos don't have many views.