2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

it nor any other ride in Australia has had a death. 

• May 18, 2013 - A five-year-old boy is seriously injured after being flung from the Frizbee ride at a school fete in Highfields, Qld.
  • Jan 16, 2011 - A three-year-old boy suffered minor injuries after being struck by a Thomas the Tank Engine children’s train at Eastern Beach in Geelong, Vic.
  • April 5, 2010 - Three girls hurt when a ferris wheel car breaks apart and plunges to the ground at a carnival in Byron Bay, NSW.
  • March 13, 2007 - Two workers injured when a 800kg carriage from the Gondolier ride falls on top of them when they are packing it up in Melbourne, Vic.
  • Oct 6, 2004 - Ten people hurt when a strong gust of wind blows a marquee into the path of a Wave Swinger ride at the Western Australia Royal Show in Perth, WA.
  • Sept 26, 2003 - Eight people injured after two carriages on the Mad Mouse roller coaster collide at the Royal Melbourne Show, Vic.
  • March 11, 2001 - An eight-year-old girl dies and 11 people injured when an inflatable carriage breaks free from a ride at a carnival in Kapunda, SA.
  • Sept 2, 2000 - Thirty-seven people hurt when the Spin Dragon ride collapses and drops a 4.3 tonne gondola onto queuing riders at the Royal Adelaide Show, SA.
  • Feb 22, 1997 - An girl, 11, dies and two boys are injured after a carriage on the Octopus ride breaks free and falls to the ground at the Rylstone Show near Mudgee, NSW.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-12/royal-adelaide-show-girl-thrown-from-ride-dies/5740022

^ Girl dies after being thrown from ride at Royal Adelaide Show ^

Go on........

Edited by reanimated35
changed colours and bold

Most pointless post?^

Wow, I've just learnt so much!

Sorry, I got very confused as I thought on the main page that it seemed this only had 3 pages, but actually had around 29. Therefore I talked about space someone suggested on page three for a coaster with a really long break run before realising that discussion had had its fair share of airtime. Therefore, as I couldn't find a delete button, I thought that was the best I could do :P

On the topic of accidents, I remember reading an article ages ago on TPR saying that there is an inverse relationship between ride intensity and death, which I found interesting. It pointed out exceptions and excluded accidents which were completely the fault of the victim (like climbing a 4 metre fence to get a hat before being struck by a coaster), and most accidents were actually caused by very basic, non-thrilling and poorly maintained fair rides.  

DWs water blaster cannons for the thunder river rapids are now $1 each instead of $2.

9ba8e3aa16f24bcaefcd1194522fdd16.jpg

Yeah. They changed them back at the end of June. I posted.an exciting close-up shot of the price change sign if you'd like to see it: http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/topic/6734-2015-in-dreamworld-abc-kids-world-v8-supercars-and-more/?do=findComment&comment=110508 

?????

Yeah. They changed them back at the end of June. I posted.an exciting close-up shot of the price change sign if you'd like to see it: http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/topic/6734-2015-in-dreamworld-abc-kids-world-v8-supercars-and-more/?do=findComment&comment=110508 

?????

Sorry didn't know you had rote something about the water blasters.

Well what's the big deal about a B&M  I know there awesome roller coasters but just because big parks like six flags have them doesn't mean we have to

The big deal is simply that they're really well-designed and well-built rides. They get a lot of hype because they make great roller coasters. Smooth, comfortable and really well paced rides without any gimmicks.

Whether they're affordable for Australian parks is something that is discussed like clockwork every six months. The answer is probably not anytime soon with the current exchange rate, pricing/operating strategy of our major parks and the general construction costs in Australia. But the attitude that it'll never happen is probably a bit too pessimistic for my liking.

It's the competition on the gold Coast that if anything, would see one built there as either VRTP or Ardent make a major play for dominance. It's still not likely in the short term.

as for sydney or melbourne. I can't see either of those States having a non water based theme park, let alone a B&M in the next decade

It's the competition on the gold Coast that if anything, would see one built there as either VRTP or Ardent make a major play for dominance. It's still not likely in the short term.

as for sydney or melbourne. I can't see either of those States having a non water based theme park, let alone a B&M in the next decade

Really? Based on what?

Surely our 2 biggest cities in the nation could support a theme park- Sydney did it for nearly 20 years!! A decade is a long time....I feel certain that either Sydney or Melbourne will have a non water theme park of its own by 2025....population growth in that time would make a scenario for one in either city a very viable option.

The success of Wet and Wild Sydney, the continued expansion of Adventure World in Perth-its only a matter of time before one of the big theme park companies looks to opportunities in Sydney and Melbourne. Just my opinion.

One summer of WnWS doesn't prove long term success in Sydney. I think it  will need to be evaluated at 5 years to judge it's sustainability & growth.

any major theme park is going to at least be a 3-5 years in development & construction, and there is none of note on the agenda (overlooking the 'new' wonderland proposal which is, imo, no more than one mans pipedream coupled with a political agenda).

Wet 'n' Wild Sydney has done so many things wrong and is still a seel out every summer day. Sydney will have 5.5 Million people by 2025. If there was to be a B&M in the next 10 years, it would have to go to a park that had control over a big enough market that they would be confident they could get a big benefit out of it. A park would have to take on a decent amount of debt to fund such a massive project as a good B&M, and with Gold Coast Parks, where they are splitting overall attendence at least 2 ways, you could argue me, I don't think Dreamworld (surely the only Park in a position to get a B&M) would take that on. 

The relationship between Ardent and VRTP in some ways is very similar to Woolies and Coles. They know they can't really outbid on Price so they try and add other small things to sway the market. I know building a coaster is not the same as dropping prices, but it would be a project so large and foreign I would be astonished if a GC park had a go at it.

Sydney is definitely ready for another land park. Access to the west is growing FOR SURE and there are also a lot more people living in Western Sydney than when Wonderland was operated. 

From DW Facebook

We're excited to announce our brand new interactive motorsports precinct, set to open right here just after Christmas!

Take an adrenaline-fueled hot-lap on our new-look coaster, immerse yourself in racing history with the world's largest collection of Peter Brock racing cars, become a V8 Supercar driver in our state-of-the-art Supercar racing simulators AND enjoy a pit-lane feast at our brand new dining and retail options!

I love it when the parks do media releases.

11953464_10153198594168613_995206540457111950150_10153198592583613_249036551852311230853_10153200376373613_86375730476414.thumb.jpg.805cea57a90411b90d9d7609e04d5.thumb.jpg.471264a2f5def808f21ff17cfebd6.thumb.jpg.ede2fdf65e2492b44b0151986b88

7.jpg

Edited by skeetafly

Looks like a good addition. I'm not a fan of V8's in the slightest, so this doesn't interest me at all. It's just nice to see some actual thought and effort put into this design compared to some of the train wrecks of years past.

So your not interested that DW is changing up the cyclone

Edited by skeetafly