2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

33 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Maybe there not talking about the cyclone (HWSW) as it still it will re-open on the 31st of December according to the            maintenance page on there website, they maybe talking along the lines of eureka cause why wouldn't announce about the        cyclones refurbishment.   

HWSW is opening boxing day now.

Was as DW & WWW today and had a look around the Ex Cyclone area from rides and slide towers and on the interior, there seems to have been a bit of work done. New train's on, essentially each train car is literally themed a coloured car. Maintenance folk were running it up and down the station (repeatedly winching it back) in the afternoon. Track's been painted in the station but is still grimy and yuck everywhere else. Track colour in station is the same as before. Old cyclone train in pieces in the storage lot. 

Station seems to be themed as a pit stop with shelves and crap lining the outside of the indoor brake run. The old Cyclone doors have been removed with orange looking mesh sliding doors in its place. Floor's been redone, painted a blueish grey colour. From the top of Tailspin it looks like the interior of the cyclone  queue tower's had its panels painted an organgey colour although it's hard to say since I couldn't see much. From WWW, the thing looks mostly gutted inside on the upper levels, doors were open. Mesh windows have been installed facing WWW from the station but otherwise no exterior changes, still its ugly sheet clad self.

Brock Museum has had it's shell and roof done, doors open to interior, couldn't see much from Wipeout though. The F&B outlet is mostly gutted inside.

I'm sure if you asked Movie World the same question you wouldn't get much beyond 'we have something big planned that's going to be a worlds best' (since thats already out there. Although we've got the PDonline info - I doubt they want to confirm much to the GP at this stage.

6 hours ago, pin142 said:

No photos Nitro? Interested in seeing what the new train looks like.

As for new attractions next year, doesn't necessarily mean a ride or rides. Attraction is a very broad term to use.

Sorry, there's not much you can see from ground level except for the nose of the first car when they were doing the winch tests. You need to get up on a slide tower to see anything really which makes photos difficult. :( 

Dang I only saw all this now... If I had known to look over there today maybe I could've seen it. Sounds good, and they've still got a few weeks left so hopefully that'll be used to work on the queue or paint the track.

But the big question that's I'm sure is on a lot of minds - does the train have OTSRs?

In other news, I discovered the hell after doing too many flips on tailspin today. Was a quiet day, and there were quite a few walk-ons. Longest queue was for Supertubes in WWW because it broke down and they had to call in maint (was a free trip to the front of the line since most of the people infront of us decided they weren't gonna wait, but for me it was very interesting watching the maint guys do their stuff).

33 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Ugh.. I have to say as much as I was excited for this 're-fresh' if all we are really getting is coloured cars and a change up of the loading area with no track re-paint or queue rejig the project is underwhelming. Which is a shame as DW imo has been doing a great job lately

unless they are going to rush it in the last minute.. I'm pretty dissapointed with the effort that's happened with the attraction, I wonder if the turbine will stay 

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Ugh.. I have to say as much as I was excited for this 're-fresh' if all we are really getting is coloured cars and a change up of the loading area with no track re-paint or queue rejig the project is underwhelming. Which is a shame as DW imo has been doing a great job lately

Things needed to fix about the cyclone:

1) Replace the trains - done
2) Fix the loading area - done
3) Repaint the track - nope and most likely won't be happening
4) Actually put some decent theming into the queue - nope but can't rule this one out yet
5) Make the queue not just a giant ramp that takes ages to get up - nope and definitely won't be happening

Dreamworld gets a 2/5 for this.

Grabbed you pics off facebook for easier viewing @The_Ninja_59

My god I hope the cars look better up close. But overall, looking at it from these photos, I'm extremely disappointed and won't be rushing back. 

I'd love to see a black track with black supports and some theming on the cars. This looks like a completely half-assed attempt. 

12294776_996681473731111_48903828595742512346453_996681480397777_131005068771357

I was originally in a panic about being frugal this Christmas so I can renew my Dreamworld pass. But by the looks of things, I may not end up renewing. 

Those trains look really dissapointing. It just looks like a quick wrap over the old trains, which already weren't all that nice. I think it's going to take a miracle for this refurbishment to be considered a "success".