Movie World's Doomsday Tower?

jhunt2

Just a wee bit of speculation...

I recently visited Movie World, and during a ride on the Wild West Falls, could spot what appeared to be a backlot with spare/new parts for rides in between the building in the Western town area of the ride.

I didn't think quickly enough to snap a photo, but I definitely spotted green parts, purple parts and the Justice League emblem.

Thoughts?

What does green, purple and the justice league emblem have to do with the Doomsday tower??

I didn't specifically say that it WAS the Doomsday Tower. I put this as the title because it was the first thing that popped into my head when I spotted this, and I certainly can't think of any existent rides at Movie World that these parts would fit.

There would be A LOT, like container loads of steel required to build the ride, not a solitary pile in a maintenance area.

Would be extremely unlikely for parts to arrive for a major ride before its announcement or even a credible rumour is out.

From memory purple & green are predominant colours for the Carnivale theming. My guess is you have seen some of the set design/construction for this years event

Actually, that would be the best explanation. Although I can't guarantee that there weren't container loads of steel in this area. Like I said, I got the tiniest glimpse of a tiny segment of this area, which I would imagine isn't exactly tiny.

But you're right, it did come to mind that if they had the parts in storage, surely Movie World would have announced something, at least started a rumour.

A little off-topic as well, but following this I got a little bit of a fascination with theme park backlots. I managed a peek into one at Dreamworld, which was a little underwhelming, but I did spot some parts from the Reef Diver...

It's not a major thing, it's just when riding the WWF and you have the western theming and then there is suddenly this float which doesn't fit. It doesn't effect how much I love the ride, but like at DW where there were mushrooms on the Rocky Hollow ride. It just effects the themeing and feel of the ride. When I'm a ride, if the theming is good, I want to feel like I've been transported to somewhere else, not a theme park. WWF does that for me, until I see the floats.

A similar view would be had off Arkham Asylum and Batwing.

Disneyland was originally designed so that you could not see anything outside of the park whilst you were there - but even they struggle to keep the rest of LA invisible these days.

It's like many things - take a movie like Harry Potter. We know magic doesn't exist - but if you suspend reality and just focus on the story - what does it matter if you're watching it on an iPad on a packed train in peak hour...

Small World is well known for it's bare ceiling tiled roof. Ariel's Grotto has been critiqued for the poor theming on the roofline... you just need to look past it and not let something so small detract from what is a great attraction.

Sounds like you're just having a whinge for the sake of picking on something.

No, it was just a general comment. I am just saying I like a ride to make me feel like I'm somewhere else. WWF does it, SE does it, AA does it. A lot of rides do it. I'm not saying that everything else has to be hidden. When on WWF as you come to the water container that gets shot and water comes out, you sometimes see a float.

Small World is well known for it's bare ceiling tiled roof. Ariel's Grotto has been critiqued for the poor theming on the roofline... you just need to look past it and not let something so small detract from what is a great attraction.

Sounds like you're just having a whinge for the sake of picking on something.

On the contrary there are rides out there which don't have these shortcomings.

When on WWF as you come to the water container that gets shot and water comes out, you sometimes see a float.

...and the thousands of guests who ride it every day probably don't even notice.

EVERY ride out there has things that will 'ruin the magic' if you care to look - the point is to not look... to see past it, and live the experience that it is.

...and the thousands of guests who ride it every day probably don't even notice.

EVERY ride out there has things that will 'ruin the magic' if you care to look - the point is to not look... to see past it, and live the experience that it is.

Hey didn't they spend heaps of money on underground corridors at Magic Kingdom so you wouldn't get a Fronteirland character walking through Tommorrowland?

Absolutely they did - at Walt's insistence... but there are other ways around that...

but that is in a park where the costumes vary based on land, attraction, and role.

When cast members wear pretty much the same thing no matter what part of the park in - its not that important.