Green Lantern incident at MW

Jakev8

Yep -- it won't reopen until they have satisfied the maintenance technicians, park and manufacturer engineers, lawyers, insurance companies and bean counters. They may well make a statement or media appearances, but either way its reopening suggests that both a theme park and ride manufacturer -- neither of which can exist without offering safe, reliable rides -- have deemed it to be safe.

The ride was obviously deemed safe and reliable by the powers that be because it existed and operated in the first place. Evidently it wasn't entirely safe and reliable, because this incident took place. So therefore to reopen they would need to satisfy everyone involved that the causes of this incident have been rectified and the ride once again can be considered safe and reliable.

Nothing is perfect, mistakes can be learnt from and improvements can be made...

Edited by Richard

So, channelling my inner Sky News Reporter...

what you are saying is that before the accident, the ride operated without being deemed safe and reliable and not to the satisfaction of the maintenance team and manufacturers. 

Surely this a joke post right? Otherwise I'm going to have to start throwing the M word around again...

It takes some time to investigate and accurately define the cause. Then add more time for finding out where the fault lies, and what to do about it, so you wouldn't expect to hear anything (if at all) until the park rules out they were responsible in any way at all.

It takes some time to investigate and accurately define the cause. Then add more time for finding out where the fault lies, and what to do about it, so you wouldn't expect to hear anything (if at all) until the park rules out they were responsible in any way at all.

Surely we would have to hear something at some point if the park decided on what they were going to do with the ride?

Surely we would have to hear something at some point?

I think its pretty safe to say, that right up until they are 100% positive the ride is fit for service, that we won't hear anything official regarding the status. Even then I doubt it will be made public who was to blame.

I'd go so far as to say that the first we'll probably hear about it is going to be from people reporting they have seen the ride running again in what appears to be testing.

Some people just love to nitpick -_-

No some people are just self appointed moderators. 

Can sum it up nice and brief and keep on topic. Just try not to quote all huge posts all the time. We will understand what you're talking about. 

Edited by djrappa

Take this for example, 

The helicopter crash at DW happened 10 June 2009. The report into the findings of the incident was released just over 2 years later on 15 July 2011. I personally wouldn't expect to see a report until late 2016 at the earliest. 

Has anyone seen any activity on the ride site? Inspectors or anyone like that?

Yeah I believe the March 2010 date was due to the seat breaking off, which was apparently due to a weld that received too much vibration during operation and failed. the new trains dont have that weld - it's a solid piece.

I believe it technically opened, ran for about a week, then closed due to the seat issue.

Has anyone seen any activity on the ride site? Inspectors or anyone like that?

Every time I have visited, the GL has just been sitting dormant and looking somewhat abandoned. Certainly no activity going on there this arvo, and no visual differences. The logo light also remained off when we left after 5. 

Finally spotted some signs of activity with the Green Lantern this afternoon at MW... a couple of maintenance guys in blue jumpsuits walking around inside the enclosure under & around the ride. Looks like one of the trains is in a different spot too, on the track just before the station. So yeah, hopefully a sign that some more progress is being made in regards to the investigation.  

Finally spotted some signs of activity with the Green Lantern this afternoon at MW... a couple of maintenance guys in blue jumpsuits walking around inside the enclosure under & around the ride. Looks like one of the trains is in a different spot too, on the track just before the station. So yeah, hopefully a sign that some more progress is being made in regards to the investigation.  

I love how much you go to the parks

• Gazza changed the title to Green Lantern incident at MW