'World Best' Attraction coming to VRTP

Brad2912

565e944538267_PDOnline.thumb.JPG.c41c796

What I know –

Roller Coaster – Approved for construction.

OPW (Earthworks) - = new accommodation area.

More approvals to be lodged for this one.

New Attraction & Lakeside Precinct- Stage 1 Early works. Approved for construction.

(Things to note about this one.) This is an approval so some minor construction can start.  More approvals to be lodged for this one.  No lake can be seen within the new accommodation area and it’s located on the side of a hill.

Entertainment Precinct- Stage 1 Early works. Approved for construction.

This is an approval so some minor construction can start.  More approvals to be lodged for this one.

There is to much more information to get lodged on all of this and that I’m taking the 6th till I see more.

Special mention is everything is approved except for the OPW

Edited by skeetafly

28 minutes ago, POP said:

if its a flat i want the worlds tallest starflyer

they look like SO much fun.

Wait, let me try to open your eyes a bit.

Here, shift your attention to the quote below. Look down to the bottom of the image. There, in roughly the centre, although slightly to the left are two words in pink. The first starts with an 'R', the second starts with a 'C'. Now look over those two words and say them out-loud. No, they do not spell 'Flat Ride'. They spell 'Roller Coaster'.

47 minutes ago, skeetafly said:

565e944538267_PDOnline.thumb.JPG.c41c796

Congratulations, you have now passed the class 'Reading the thread with Santa07 101'

Edited by Santa07

12 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

Wait, let me try to open your eyes a bit.

Here, shift your attention to the quote below. Look down to the bottom of the image. There, in roughly the centre, although slightly to the left are two words in pink. The first starts with an 'R', the second starts with a 'C'. Now look over those two words and say them out-loud. No, they do not spell 'Flat Ride'. They spell 'Roller Coaster'.

Congratulations, you have now passed the class 'Reading the thread with Santa07 101'

Rude and not funny. 

Just a quick thought I had, and I would love to hear other peoples opinions on the matter.

Seeing as how it appears some form of lodging will be at the Oxenford parks, could we possibly see a fully-fledged hotel appear on the horizon? 

If the Entertainment Precinct is anything like CityWalk or Downtown Disney, I think this wouldn't be so far-fetched. A campsite could also be a pretty low-risk entry point IMHO.

I don't know how possible it is, but there are three attractions there (Movie World, Wet 'n' Wild, and the Outback Experience or whatever it is) so they'd want to ideally build a precinct with access to all three. It could be quite big and whilst that would have its drawbacks (cost, mainly) it could also be a great draw for people. When we were in Florida we really enjoyed Downtown Disney in the evening - mainly going to the cinema and wandering around the shops. So if there's space to do something similar (admittedly not on as big a scale - Downtown Disney is pretty damn big), possibly with a hotel as well...

Agree westical, and with the existing noise restrictions that won't be softened, that effectively can't/won't happen. 

I honestly couldn't see a hotel being high on the priority list. I'm sure the cabins will work well with tourists, with no doubt some form of outback experience tied to both PC and OA. 

I also just had a look at the Oxenford town planning 'master plan'. 

It strictly states that there can be no fixed development within 100m of the road frontage (Entertainment Dr) or 85m from the other bordering roads. That may limit availability of land for development if they are, as a few have suggested, expanding towards the M1 with the entertainment precinct

On 12/1/2015, 3:50:34, AlexB said:

I'm still waiting for someone to solve the 'staff entrance' issue near this zone...

On 12/1/2015, 9:29:12, reanimated35 said:

As for ideas, incl fixing (I think) the staff entry....

idea1.thumb.jpg.0dae5a3a58fa26d592a1e7c4

Is this not the entrance you're referring to @AlexB? Or do you feel something this simple wouldn't suffice?

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Agree westical, and with the existing noise restrictions that won't be softened, that effectively can't/won't happen. 

I honestly couldn't see a hotel being high on the priority list. I'm sure the cabins will work well with tourists, with no doubt some form of outback experience tied to both PC and OA. 

I also just had a look at the Oxenford town planning 'master plan'. 

It strictly states that there can be no fixed development within 100m of the road frontage (Entertainment Dr) or 85m from the other bordering roads. That may limit availability of land for development if they are, as a few have suggested, expanding towards the M1 with the entertainment precinct

That's for self assessable but you could go closer if you did it under impact assessable.  I've gave up on my idea once the plans came out for the earthworks.   

41 minutes ago, POP said:

I want something like the smiler at Alton Towers.

Hmm... the Smiler IS a good ride (went on it just before the accident - everyone at work was shocked when I told them). It's quite compact and, if designed well, could definitely be a big draw. But from my (admittedly limited) experience with Australian theme parks, I'd want something bigger that would take up a lot of space, preferably not inverting. My dream coasters would be along the lines of the Big One from Blackpool Pleasure Beach, or El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure. Possibly go even bigger and say Shambhala from Portaventura, but I doubt we'd see anything like that.

I guess a major plus for something like Smiler is the height - does Movie World have any height restrictions on the roller coasters it can build?

As for what the precinct could be, a Legoland centre (as pushbutton says) could be good. Maybe put in a few other shops as well, something more to attract people who aren't necessarily doing the parks on that day? I don't know. I said the hotel because a few other people automatically said "hotel" but in retrospect it sounds silly - I don't think the Move World area is popular enough to warrant "resort-style" hotels, and there's going to be plenty of choice in the surrounding area anyway. Not to mention that, unlike Florida (where there are basically two theme park areas - Disney and I-drive), the Gold Coast attractions are fewer and more spread out - someone going to Movie World will most likely go to Sea World as well, even though it's a bit of a drive away.

Hmm... a Warner Bros shop, as well as the Legoland Centre, a handful of other shops and restaurants to hopefully attract people to the area a bit more, and of course give more custom to the current four attractions.

Dare I hope for mini-golf?

There's already a fantastic THEMED indoor / outdoor crazy golf centre just up the road from Movie World, called King Tutts Putt Putt. Plus there's another similar King Tutts Putt Putt down the motorway near Broadbeach.

There's a smaller, but still quite good one within the massive Timezone amusement centre in Surfers Paradise.

Not sure we need another one really.

4 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

King Tutts is as fantastic as MDMC is thrilling. The one in time zone is all kinds of pathetic. I can honestly say all the putt putt options on the Gold Coast are fairly mediocre. 

I've never really been to an excellent putt putt course regardless. What would even constitute a top-notch putt-putt experience?

44 minutes ago, Zanstabar said:

I've never really been to an excellent putt putt course regardless. What would even constitute a top-notch putt-putt experience?

CaddyShack in Christchurch is by far the best course I've ever played. Never seen anything match it anywhere else either.

http://www.caddyshack.co.nz

Edited by downunder196

14 hours ago, skeetafly said:

There is to much more information to get lodged on all of this and that I’m taking the 6th till I see more.

Catch is - most of it won't be seen - private certifier means they only have to lodge AsCon - which means we have better hope of finding out by camping in the carpark awaiting shipping containers than to eagerly watch PDonline.

13 hours ago, POP said:

Rude and not funny. 

I thought it was hilarious - especially since you've rubbed everyone the wrong way - this is what you get in return. If you play nice, others will be nice to you.

10 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Is this not the entrance you're referring to @AlexB? Or do you feel something this simple wouldn't suffice?

It is, and that solution is possible - depending on what they intend to put there. I'm sure they don't want to expose their BoH areas too much by putting riders in close view of whats back there - batwing and GL are far enough away that the brief glimpse you get isn't much - having something pretty well surrounded by BoH means it would be hard to hide.

THe other thing to think of (and it's not a hard fix) is currently vehicles cross the bridge, and then dog-leg before stopping at security before the gate is opened. the image you posted would make this difficult, and vehicles would need to stop on the bridge. Further - this would impact on the current bus pick up area, which, whilst easily moved, would then obstruct the current traffic flow. As we've now discovered the carpark modifications do not appear to be for the front of MW - they may not be touching that side, which means the space for the attraction - especially one trumpeted to be 'world best' - doesn't leave a whole lot of room.

1 hour ago, Original said:

Well considering VR owns Intencity & Village cinemas you'd imagine they'd both of those brands in as well as probably a WB Store

WB stores become obsolete many years ago, even then ones in high tourist areas (I.e Surfers Paradise) didn't survive.

with a Event Cinemas opening with stage 1 of the Coomera town centre, they won't be putting a cinema complex in at Oxenford. The northern coast needs a multiplex, but not 2 within a 3 min drive of each other 

• Richard locked and unlocked this topic