Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

16 hours ago, Slick said:

I think the CEO of Mack actually mentioned in an interview recently something along the lines of "we're building a similar (or custom?) hyper in Australia." Something from IAAPA. Anyone got the reference?

Here.

16 hours ago, SunshineTom said:

DW should've...shipped the poor tigers back to their homeland

DW's tigers were born in:

• Hirakawa Zoo (2)
  • Poland (1)
  • Cairns Wildlife Safari Reserve (1)
  • Krefelder Zoo (1)
  • Tiger Island, DW (8)

None were born in the natural habitats of tigers. The home of most of the tigers is DW.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

• 2 weeks later...

Bleaches are a good idea but hopefully they don't cut down on the table space currently available. Sitting at the table watching the tigers whilst enjoying a beer or two is one of the best things about the redevelopment. Noticed the area also gets a nice breeze which is great on a hot day so hope that also isn't impacted.

4 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

The already have an "upwards seating pit", and the plan does say "future" bleaches. Are they not part of stage 2? 

You with your correct reading is staring to piss me off.  Please refer to everybody hates @reanimated35 topic.

Just now, pin142 said:

Bleaches are a good idea but hopefully they don't cut down on the table space currently available. Sitting at the table watching the tigers whilst enjoying a beer or two is one of the best things about the redevelopment. Noticed the area also gets a nice breeze which is great on a hot day so hope that also isn't impacted.

Being bleaches, I believe will only be pulled out when super busy.

14 minutes ago, AlexB said:

While we're talking about correct reading, i'm quite positive it says 'bleachers' - and the present seating is not an 'upwards seating pit' - it is 'seating terraces'  (although i note from the plans that they are also upwards)

You are correct. I had no idea I just copied @YLFATEEKS

Please don't tell me you've forgotten the reference! 

Edited by reanimated35

I definitely agree with that @Slick, and don't blame them at all, as that is what I'd rather them do. Maybe we will see it ready for the Easter holiday period.

Also to add, they were showing a number of the cameras on the big screen, particularly while the tigers were in the pool. It is really cool seeing this when the tigers are in the water and swimming down.

IMG_8009 (2).jpg

Something I also want to add that I noticed, was that to the left of the stadium there are no signs saying where to leave prams, ramp access, etc. And I definitely think they need to add it. From the other side there are signs and people obey by what it says and leave their prams in a space that's out the way, but on the left side (looking out to the island) people leave them in the walkway and it made it difficult for everyone to leave (especially as the stadium was overflowing).

5 hours ago, themagician said:

It looks like they are removing that fencing, as from the original plans they are going to use quite a bit of area for stage 2, which also goes towards the back of the island.

IMG_6100.JPG

Hey thanks for that, wow that sign certainly fills in the gaps. Did that go up recently? It looks like it's over at Ocean Parade?