Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

19 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Best I could do today, short of pulling my phone out whilst on the actual ride. But unfortunately I drew the short straw today in regards to seating arrangements, was a bit soaked at the time ?

20160517_142041.jpg

Ride is pretty much the same as before post maintenance, however there was no thunder and lightning effect inside the first cave entrance ? Plus the sound was significantly delayed for the outlaw scenario, we were well past it by the time the 'Help! Help!' kicked in. The waterfall was late turning off as well, not so good news for my backpack which was sitting in the middle of the raft lol  ?

I can't explain or say anything about outlaw scenario being delayed but when I have been on rapid ride in the morning not long after its opened there has been no thunder or lightning effect inside the cave, but when I have been on it on the same day later in the day its been working.

Did you ride on it in the morning or afternoon Theme Park Girl.

42 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I can't explain or say anything about outlaw scenario being delayed but when I have been on rapid ride in the morning not long after its opened there has been no thunder or lightning effect inside the cave, but when I have been on it on the same day later in the day its been working.

Did you ride on it in the morning or afternoon Theme Park Girl.

Was around 2-2.30pm, last ride we went on before we left the park :)

On 15/05/2016 at 1:24 PM, The_Ninja_59 said:

iand in other news.. guess what just broke down 

Lol and again just now. Poor Wipeout ?

20160518_115353.jpg

20160518_115921.jpg

I would but honestly moving them involves trawling through and deleting off topic posts, leaving others and deciding on posts that are half and half and all the rest.  They're here now, and I'm OK with that. 

I'm aware that this has been a traumatic time for everyone involved, but I don't think we learn from history by pretending it didn't happen, and that the visual scars to this thread will be felt through the years.  But visible scars are a sign of healing, and I'm optimistic, that with correct community spirit, we can move on, we can heal, and we can be wiser for the experience.  In future post photos in the right thread.

Forgot to say, yesterday was a good day to avoid Dreamworld. Never seen so many kids under 5 in one place before! And the prams.... Omg. This photo someone posted on Facebook pretty much sums it up:

FB_IMG_1463582771719.jpg

We rocked up AFTER the Wiggles had finished, and yeah, needless to say all the parents and babies stuck around for the day. Did I mention the prams?? ??

20160518_120948.jpg

And the noise was atrocious as well, bloody loud kids everywhere we went. Oh, and prams too ?

20160518_123124.jpg

Never again.... ???

Lots of uhh, third party substances in the water at Wipeout today... not closed because of maintenance, just for cleaning... (I'm sure you can join the dots...) The water was green and disgusting by around 4:45pm. I didn't get any photos of it because uhh, why would you want to see it.

Tiger Island Plans have been posted over by the old Thunderbolt exit. (Near one of the two DWF donation boxes)

DSCN1709.JPG

There is the entire posted plan... (Includes currently existing back of house and tiger experience areas)

Main Entry to Tiger Island will be through the current 'Lair' area; and new Shopping Outlet. Once you've walked in, to the left will be a new toilet block and small F&B outlet (Which I'm sure will be much like the Bengal Teahouse before it) - you then progress into the new tiered seating area, and events space, which is covered.

The new 'Tiger Cub Kindy' enclosure looks to be where the nursery used to be.

Other 'closer' photos aren't uploading at all. :/

Edited by ThemeTendo

Yeah, some vines wouldn't go astray, that's for sure! Always awkward when you're travelling through that part, and there is random strangers gawking at you, hahaha.

I also finally found out what is written next to that rust/patch spot on the Wipeout, too...

wipeoutrust.jpg

I wonder if they mean "fixed arm" as in the arm without the bend in it, or that they supposedly fixed this arm - somehow - even though this spot is still an eyesore to look at?

Hmmm.... what's the go with this? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie_Evilution

On March 14th 2016, It was confirmed on Dreamworld's website the attraction is reopening on 30th Of September 2016 as a laser tag

I must have missed something, the only thing I can find on Dreamworld's webpage that is remotely related to the above sentence is a reference to the date, but its only in regards to when the attraction opens from annual maintenance....

This ride will be closed for annual maintainance from Tuesday 01 March through to Friday 30 September 2016 inclusive.

Nothing is mentioned or confirmed there about the laser tag returning in any shape or form :huh:<_<

Edited by Theme Park Girl

same here, can't see it coming back now,

the two things I'm still confused with is why Dreamworld didn't tell anyone that the attraction was getting removed while it was operating? on Australia Day I was told by Guest Services that it would operate for the Easter Holidays then one week later "Oh yeah it's not going to reopen ever again", plus why state it's going to open on the 30th of September on your mainteance page if it's not operating.

It would be a miracle if they could they get it back open to normal operations, but seeing the breifing bays are gone not counting on it, but seeing it return as a maze is very possible

Edited by The_Ninja_59

9 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

Maybe they didn't know the plan at the time? Maybe they weren't allowed to say the plan at the time? Maybe it is coming back? Maybe it's not coming back? Maybe it's home to the 2018 exotic animal exhibit? Maybe we should wait for official confirmation from the park? 

the chance of the attraction reopening is still more possible than Half Life 3.. that's one thing for certain

Edited by The_Ninja_59

3 hours ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

the two things I'm still confused with is why Dreamworld didn't tell anyone that the attraction was getting removed while it was operating? on Australia Day I was told by Guest Services that it would operate for the Easter Holidays then one week later "Oh yeah it's not going to reopen ever again",

In my experience, that's how theme parks tend to work. They close something down for maintenance, then depending on what issues they may be having with it at the time (ie. Old, too expensive to repair, no longer popular etc) the powers that be decide during that period whether it's viable to reopen or not. They very rarely seem to do soft ride closures, unfortunately ?

I've seen it happen with countless rides now... Eureka, Bermuda Triangle, Corkscrew, Thunderbolt, Looney Tunes River Ride - just to name ones off the top of my head.  All of these went into what everyone thought was annual or routine maintenance, only to never see them opened again. 

I think Batman Adventure is the only ride I can think of in which peeps got advance warning and a final opportunity to ride it? Although I wasn't living on the GC at the time, so sadly I didn't get a last go on it before it was removed ??

7 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Maybe they didn't know the plan at the time? Maybe they weren't allowed to say the plan at the time? Maybe it is coming back? Maybe it's not coming back? Maybe it's home to the 2018 exotic animal exhibit? Maybe we should wait for official confirmation from the park?

Is that your favourite word MAYBE. :D

• Richard changed the title to Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016