Carnivale 2016, Movie World, Sea World & Wet'n'Wild

Theme Park Girl

Tonight was amazing!!!! I attended with my kids, my sister & her bf, and a work friend. Entered the park around 5.30pm, only had to wait about 10 minutes to pick up tickets, which was great.

We all had such a fantastic time, absolutely loved the parade and managed to fit a couple of rides in as well. I had a soft shelled crab baguette which was really good ? My only complaint was that the lines for most of the stalls were pretty long. Originally I was gonna go for wedges or a slice of pizza, but then saw their lengthy queues and decided against it lol. Didn't have to wait long to buy a coke though, practically walked right up to the cart for that.

My daughter was very happy to have gotten front row for Matt & Jess's performance later in the evening. She got a hi-5 from Jess as she walked off the stage, and has been buzzing about it ever since lol. 

Very impressed, was a great first experience and am considering going back again before the end of season. Would still like to see Samantha Jade perform lol ??

Well done from us, Movieworld ???

1 hour ago, lifeofsamage said:

Tonight was extremely disappointing.  Seemed very last minute. Parade started coming past Scooby and there was still entertainers and people in the street. Same track as last year and the parade must have ran too long because they just kept looping "fireball" over and over. Also way to busy. It seem entertainment is really slipping at Movie World. Fright Nights where amazing then we have that joke called white christmas. I'm really hoping that it turns around and gets better and hopefully less busy. I'm thinking tonight craziness was down to the"bring a friend for free" promotion

So a few points:

* by 'last minute' do you mean some timing issues and operational things were a little off? It's opening night, that's pretty common, even on FNs.

* you expected it to take a different track? Like where?

* too busy? Again, it's opening night.. What did u expect?

* why is White Christmas a joke? I think it's an extremely well executed family event. You are literally the only person I've ever heard criticise the event. 

* I doubt it's gonna get less busy with the artists playing each night a higher profile and caliber that those this evening, and the next 2 weekends being long weekends 

* from all the photos and videos I've seen on social media tonight I'd say they've lifted the game with entertainment. Keen to know why you feel it's slipping?

Here's my video of the return lap of the street parade tonight, if anyone's interested :) :

PS. That dude down front with the camera was really pissing me off, hahaha. 

PPS. Apologies if said camera dude just so happens to be anyone here ???

PPPS: Oh, just wanted to add that each to their own on the 'White Christmas is a joke' remark from earlier.... my family and I absolutely loved that last year too. One of the best nights we have ever spent there for sure! The buffet alone made it worthwhile. SO good ???

If you think the event is a joke, I can only assume that you're either not young at heart, or obviously don't have any kids of your own ?

glad to see that you enjoyed the event OceanGirl, it will be my turn to experience the event next week, was Superman operating last night? I found it weird it's not listed for Fast Track this year, I know it will be closed from tomorrow until the 8th of May, what about the other 2 events after the 8th?

2 hours ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

glad to see that you enjoyed the event OceanGirl, it will be my turn to experience the event next week, was Superman operating last night? 

Thanks Ninja, it was a very fun night out! And yes, Superman was operating last night?

Maybe that's why its not listed for Fast Track, because it's going to be down for some of Carnivale? I can imagine the complaints already if it was included in the list, yet not available on the night some peeps attend (and yet they hear stories about how it was for Fast Trackers on the other weekends)  

Either way, I really hope you enjoy your evening out too. Definitely worth the wait ???

Edited by OceanGirl

We went last night using the Bring a Friend for Free which we got emailed as we are members.  First time we have ever been to any of these events.  We knew it was going to be crowded so had no expectations to ride any of the rides (as we can do this at any time), we went for the atmosphere, food, parade and entertainment.  We went in at about 5.45 and there was no wait to enter, straight in.  It was great, our almost 4 year old boy loved it.  The only downside was the crowd, but this is to be expected.  After all, if crowds were low, they wouldn't make any money and wouldn't put it on again.  

Looking forward to White Christmas.  Unfortunately Fright Night will be a no go for us as I doubt it would be appropriate for a 4 year old :)

13 hours ago, OceanGirl said:

Here's my video of the return lap of the street parade tonight, if anyone's interested :) :

PS. That dude down front with the camera was really pissing me off, hahaha. 

PPS. Apologies if said camera dude just so happens to be anyone here ???

PPPS: Oh, just wanted to add that each to their own on the 'White Christmas is a joke' remark from earlier.... my family and I absolutely loved that last year too. One of the best nights we have ever spent there for sure! The buffet alone made it worthwhile. SO good ???

If you think the event is a joke, I can only assume that you're either not young at heart, or obviously don't have any kids of your own ?

Thought it was me for a second judging by the angle of your thumbnail on the video. Thank god it wasn't because I try so hard not to be a pest, especially when blocking someone's view can ruin someone's night.

Last night was great. Really packed night which was good to see too. Food was as always amazing. Do, do, do try the millionaires bacon (or whatever it's called, it's bacon, get on it.)

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

We knew it was going to be crowded so had no expectations to ride any of the rides (as we can do this at any time), we went for the atmosphere, food, parade and entertainment.

That's the best way to enjoy these events, particularly Carnivale.  If you go in expecting to go on rides you're probably going to be disappointed, but if you get there early, and go in wanting to soak in the atmosphere, watch the street performances or try some different food (maybe go on a ride) you'll have a good time. 

2 hours ago, joz said:

That's the best way to enjoy these events, particularly Carnivale.  If you go in expecting to go on rides you're probably going to be disappointed, but if you get there early, and go in wanting to soak in the atmosphere, watch the street performances or try some different food (maybe go on a ride) you'll have a good time. 

Exactly this. Even last night I didn't step onto any rides - there's so much going on in the few hours that I think it's a far better use of your time to discover something new and, you know, buy some bacon. Did I mention the bacon was awesome? Oh, I did? Good. Because the bacon was awesome.

Here's a few quick shots from last night.

Update: I mentioned they had Bacon, right?

_MG_7826.jpg

@Slick those photos are incredible!!! What sort of camera did you use to take them?? I'm seriously considering getting a professional camera, my S6 is great but does no justice when it comes to events like this lol ?

Btw, is this you down in the bottom left corner? The angle of your photo above seems to suggest so ?

20160416_202914.jpg

3 hours ago, joz said:

Couldn't agree more!!! My group managed to get a ride on SDSC at the beginning of the evening, but that was only because we bolted for it as soon as they opened the rest of the park up lol. So they (I didn't go, had to wait at the exit as my son is still too chicken to go on it lol) were one of the first lot of people on ?

Generally I have the same expectations as what Joz has said, and go to these events just for the experience. It's the best attitude to have in order to have the best night out ☺  Don't be like my sister and her boyfriend... they both ended up missing most of the parade because they were lined up for GL for nearly an hour! You can do the rides any other time if you have membership or annual passes ?

20 hours ago, lifeofsamage said:

Tonight was extremely disappointing.  Seemed very last minute. Parade started coming past Scooby and there was still entertainers and people in the street. Same track as last year and the parade must have ran too long because they just kept looping "fireball" over and over. Also way to busy. It seem entertainment is really slipping at Movie World. Fright Nights where amazing then we have that joke called white christmas. I'm really hoping that it turns around and gets better and hopefully less busy. I'm thinking tonight craziness was down to the"bring a friend for free" promotion

I think Movieworld have 3 really good events that caters for everybody. Frights Nights aimed at teens, White Christmas aimed at Families & Carnivale for those who love food & entertainment! (Everybody right? ?)

I myself, being in my early 20s, love Fright Night and it's definitely my favourite event at Movieworld. I did attend the last White Christmas & although we only stayed in the park for an hour, it was still a great event & you could see how much fun all the families were having. As for Carnivale, I am still yet to attend one, but I will be soon (as I get 1 free entry). I'm looking forward to the food more than anything else ??? 

For those who went, what sort of food did they have and how was it? :)

Edited by xRazzBerryx

Definitely considering it! Would be nice to go back and try the seafood boil up and this bacon that everyone keeps raving about ? I'm gonna see if I get the 30th off work, new work roster comes out tomorrow so I will know for sure then. If not, I'll try and squeeze another visit in on another weekend before the season ends ?