Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Whitewater World Wedgie Water Slide

21 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Ashley said:

Something what I have been curious about is WWWs Wedgie water slide was its name given just for the hell of it or do people who ride it do really get a wedgie on it, what DW uses to promote it on there website is Get Wedged on the Wedgie.

People don't get wedgies on it, but it's really fucking painful like a wedgie is.

10 minutes ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

I thought they built one in the 80's that was closed for safety reasons?

And another perfect example of why click bait works so well - people don't bother to read the articles. 

For a brief moment New Jersey's Action Park resort boasted the world's first vertically looping waterslide before a series of injuries and accidents abruptly shut it down.

Now plans are underway to bring it back

For those of you playing along at home, that's the opening paragraph to the article. 

no way in hell will i ever ride this thing. everytime we go there i get called a chicken and i say yeah well watch a few of the guys after they have ridden it i swear i almost saw 1 guy cry! :P

Edited by bladex

Agreed. First time I went on Aqualoop I was shaking as I went up the stairs, and then waiting in the shoot, my heart was pounding. I went on the Wedgie for the first time, after I'd ridden Aqualoop many times. But Aqualoop still gets my heart pounding, Wedgie, not so much, but still has a level of thrill to it.

1 hour ago, Santa07 said:

It's not even scary... aqualoop is much worse.

While Aqualoop is definitely scarier, you do get a mat on your back unlike the Wedgie, so the only scary thing about the Wedgie is the pain that comes with it. Both times I went on it I got bruises (and the second time a splinter) on my back. If DW included those back mats found on Aqualoop, it would be a lot more tolerable!