Doomsday Destroyer - reviews and feedback

Theme Park Girl

17 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Because everyone's interpretation of 'scary' is different. For me, inversions aren't scary at all. I'll happily go on Arkham Asylum and Green Lantern a dozen times over without question.

But with Superman Escape, I find being launched down a tunnel to 100kmh in just 2 seconds to be a very intense experience which I have to build up courage to endure. Not everyone handles that "leave your stomach behind in the station" feeling very well. 

I don't know anyone who's told me that they're scared of going upside down who haven't changed their opinion after riding something that goes upside down. Doomsday would be the perfect ride to take someone on who says they're scared of going upside down just to show them that it really isn't any different going upside down on a ride than it is hanging upside down from the monkey bars in the playground. Then they have no excuse when they say they don't want to go on Green Lantern or Arkham Asylum! :P

Being scared of heights/drops makes the most sense, probably the most rational fear when it comes to rides, followed by intense forces. I can ride anything, but the giant drop still gets to me, just because of how unpredictable the drop timing is. I only ever ride once each time I go, just because I have a reputation to keep with my friends; can't be chickening out of rides when I'm supposed to be the coaster nerd!

12 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

One swipe from him, one from you, one from the next guy, and the next, and suddenly you're getting the experience for free that others have had to pay for. 

It's not like i swipe for every person that walks past. Its just on the rare occasion if it's not busy and there's only one family observing then I'll scan it for a family. No biggie.

Edited by FoolishMortal999

On 25/09/2016 at 2:02 PM, Theme Park Girl said:

I'll just leave this here for anyone who missed it last night... ?

ETA: me tooooo ?

20160925_140437.jpg

4 minutes ago, Pyro said:

There was Fireworks and Flames for the launch of the Doomsday area two Saturdays ago. Not sure if it was logged on the gov website as they tend not to update the list well.

Video was posted the day after on this very thread...

7 hours ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

Do you have to pay $15 or top up your RFID wrist band each day or is it unlimited usage for unlimited days? 

6 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Unlimited

At this point in time at least...  Have been informed this may change once the area settles in and everything is running smoothly...

3 hours ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

At this point in time at least...  Have been informed this may change once the area settles in and everything is running smoothly...

I'd be keen to see how they manage that though. I thought it was a basic RFID tag. I don't know much about the tech involved in those but are they easy to actually disable the transmitter on them after a certain point? 

In any case, I for one wouldn't be buying a new band if they do stop my existing one from working. Sure, they're a bit of fun, but not worth having to pay for again IMO. 

1 hour ago, reanimated35 said:

I'd be keen to see how they manage that though. I thought it was a basic RFID tag. I don't know much about the tech involved in those but are they easy to actually disable the transmitter on them after a certain point? 

In any case, I for one wouldn't be buying a new band if they do stop my existing one from working. Sure, they're a bit of fun, but not worth having to pay for again IMO. 

Not up with the technical aspects of it all but I would think it would be similar to the whole pay $7.99 to reactivate and be able to refill your drink all day...

RFID tags usually just identify themselves by a number or similar. The details of what that tag is authorised to do, etc are usually stored on a server.

When the tag identifies itself to the reader, the reader queries the server to determine whether that tag is authorised to access.

Some RFID tags do store additional information, and are capable of providing information to a reader not connected to the 'home' server, but i should think in this particular case, it would be as simple as the park running code to deactivate tag numbers not purchased that day. They don't need to 'disable the transmitter' they just simply block that particular transmitter ID from gaining access.

In my opinion it would be a very stupid move, unless the park sold so many of them that people couldn't get a turn.

• Richard changed the title to Doomsday Destroyer - reviews and feedback

Two theme park enthusiasts verbally abused a father and his son to move out of the way out of  the Joker & Harley Bank Skill Tester so they can take a photo. My Girlfriend and I witnessed this yesterday morning and I've got to say i hope those two people don't work in customer service. 

Edited by FoolishMortal999

And I really hope those two people aren't on these forums. Because there is nothing I hate more than enthusiast, who probably visit the parks on a regular basis, ruining or affecting visitors to the park who probably don't go often, or haven't been before. And all just to try and get the 'perfect shot'. As many people on here have shown, you can take awesome pictures at the parks, without disrupting others. 

3 hours ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

Two theme park enthusiasts verbally abused a father and his son to move out of the way out of  the Joker & Harley Bank Skill Tester so they can take a photo. My Girlfriend and I witnessed this yesterday morning and I've got to say i hope those two people don't work in customer service. 

Do you know them? 

1 hour ago, themagician said:

And I really hope those two people aren't on these forums. Because there is nothing I hate more than enthusiast, who probably visit the parks on a regular basis, ruining or affecting visitors to the park who probably don't go often, or haven't been before. And all just to try and get the 'perfect shot'. As many people on here have shown, you can take awesome pictures at the parks, without disrupting others. 

^this

A bit of patience is always a nice quality to have too.

sad to hear that people in our community decide it's okay to be ashholes to the general public, If I was there yesterday I would stood up for the dad and the son. are you able to describe to us what they wore that makes "theme park lovers"? 

also I agree with Brad, I can't see why you are being so cryptic about this, it's not like the two know you..

Edited by Theme Park Ninja