DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

If by the media deciphering it, you mean the media comes onto parkz, reads the forum, or the article posted by the site and then makes up their own garble to make it not a blatant ripoff, and quoting a few Parkz members on the way, then yes, to an extent, the media will decipher the theme and type.

Actually, that was what I meant! :P

The exception being track colours though. I do think the media are at least intelligent enough to link the colours of tracks for a new MW rollercoaster to a particular movie without needing to go to sites like Parkz.

35 minutes ago, downunder said:

@Santa07 Definitely no sarcasm, I honestly wouldn't know if someone on here was one of the hosts.

My friends pointed out the aforementioned parkz member, I would have had no idea.

After seeing that site, the coaster could be anything.

Nah I know one of the guys hosting today's tour.  

9 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

The exception being track colours though. I do think the media are at least intelligent enough to link the colours of tracks for a new MW rollercoaster to a particular movie without needing to go to sites like Parkz.

But if it's red, it could be Superman, Wonderwoman, The Flash...

If it's green it could be Green Lantern, or the Joker, or the Riddler

Most colours could point to more than one theme. 

Do you think MW would try to push for a few records with this coaster? And I mean world records, not those "southern-hemisphere" records the parks always claim. I think if they're going down a route similar to Flash, they could easily snipe the world's biggest loop from Lewa, just bring it up a couple of metres higher than Flash. I doubt it would stick for long though, that's a pretty easy record to claim that's been pretty popular for parks to try to achieve in recent years.

7 hours ago, AlexB said:

A single colour could be hard to identify, but seeing both track and supports would give us a good estimation. Red and blue? Another superman (why???). Yellow and red? The Flash (possibly WW but I'd think they would do yellow and blue). Green? They're building a riddler coaster or a green-lantern coaster next to a green-lantern coaster (again, why???). Purple and green? Pretty obvious who that would be.

8 hours ago, AlexB said:

Sorry, like @Santa07 said, I meant both track parts & support poles.

Also, a Joker rollercoaster can be ruled out because it already exists (Arkham Asylum).

22 minutes ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Sorry, like @Santa07 said, I meant both track parts & support poles.

Also, a Joker rollercoaster can be ruled out because it already exists (Arkham Asylum).

It may be unlikely but I wouldn't rule out the future possibility of a Joker themed attraction based on the existence of a Arkham Asylum coaster. That's no different to saying there won't be a Flash coaster as there is a Justice League ride already 

3 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

It may be unlikely but I wouldn't rule out the future possibility of a Joker themed attraction based on the existence of a Arkham Asylum coaster. That's no different to saying there won't be a Flash coaster as there is a Justice League ride already 

I see what you are saying but even though Arkham Asylum features more Batman villains other than the Joker, the Joker is pretty central to the ride's theming/narrative - his writing is all over the walls for starters.

Compared to Justice League, not one member of the Justice League stands out in the ride's theming/narrative - they all receive equal treatment - which is the difference to Arkham Asylum.

3 hours ago, AlexB said:

Or a Batwing Spaceshot because there's already a Batman simulator... ;)

I thought that scenario is different as they were 2 different types of rides (one of which was kind of already operating for 15 years) & especially because Christopher Nolan's criticially-acclaimed Dark Knight trilogy had only just begun 2 years prior to Batwing Spaceshot's opening.

3 hours ago, AlexB said:

And you think the media is that smart?

Well we'll find out :P

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

3 hours ago, AlexB said:

Or a Batwing Spaceshot because there's already a Batman simulator... ;)

Well to be fair, the simulator opened not long after the park opened and was themed to Burton's Batman franchise, however Spaceshot was themed to the Nolan Batman franchise. 

With this pattern, we can confirm a Batman ride which will be themed to Zack Snyder's shitty take on Batman.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX
dank reasons

17 minutes ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

Well to be fair, the simulator opened not long after the park opened and was themed to Burton's Batman franchise, however Spaceshot was themed to the Nolan Batman franchise. 

With this pattern, we can confirm a Batman ride which will be themed to Zack Snyder's shitty take on Batman.

Snyders take on Batman was great, and Afflecks portrayal was awesome, the film just suffered from poor editing and an overbearing score. 

@Jamberoo Fan the AA linkage to Joker is really only the Audio. If any villain deserves a stand alone attraction it's Joker, and theme wise it would offer the most scope. 

I've seen videos of Arkham Asylum's themed queue but they are not good enough for me to understand the narrative that is told in the queue but from what you said about audio, that means the audio, writing on the walls ("Welcome to the Joker's Funhouse! :)" etc.) and I believe the VR contains the Joker consistently throughout it (rather than just a brief segment).

When you read MW's description of Arkham Asylum, it does sound like it's a Joker rollercoaster (just more Batman villains appear as the narrative goes along):

Only the bravest of people can enter the Asylum to face one of the most infamous criminal minds on the planet, The Joker, as he attempts to infect all of Gotham City with dangerous monsters. With The Joker on the loose, riders will need to beware as the likes of Harley Quinn and Killer Croc could lurk around any corner. 

Compared to other Batman franchise rides that have featured at MW, Batman is rather low-key in this one - the Joker is the main character.

Thoughts:

• It's extremely unlikely this will be anything other than DC themed, considering the location.
  • Upcoming DC movies in order until 2020: Wonder Woman, Justice League (Part 1), The Flash, Aquaman, Shazam, Justice League (Part 2), Cyborg.
  • Sure the DC rides are comic based, not movie or tv based, but I expect it to be from one of the above, unless this ride is a Villain, with entrance from the DC Villains area.
  • Wondering if the size of the footprint have turned people off considering Mack building an extended/unique spinner such as Cobra's Curse. Are people not giving a second Mack elevator in MW a consideration? Guess we're thinking of a longer train..
  • Cyborg themed spinner? (I'm just posting this so rappa can have a laugh.)

Edited by Glubbo

2 hours ago, downunder said:

Duelling might be a possibility given the size of the site, though what looks like the return run to the station is fairly narrow.

I wonder if it might challenge for longest coaster?

No chance longest, the area is way to small. Depending on how much of the stretch of land towards WnW they use, my bet is anywhere between 850-1450 metres

Edited by Ryande16

11 hours ago, downunder said:

I wonder if it might challenge for longest coaster?

8 hours ago, Ryande16 said:

No chance longest, the area is way to small. Depending on how much of the stretch of land towards WnW they use, my bet is anywhere between 850-1450 metres

Due to cost, I also doubt it will be the longest rollercoaster ever (my current guess is 1.9km after all) but in general, the rollercoaster's construction site size doesn't necessarily equate to the rollercoaster's length. The more complex the rollercoaster can be in that site, the longer the rollercoaster can be. Example: Alton Towers' The Smiler. It's 14 inversions gives it a length of 1,170 metres yet is only on approximately 6,000 square metres of land. MW's rollercoaster construction site currently (that is, excluding any track going over the swamp) is approximately 24,000 square metres in size.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

If they built something as compact as GL over all that land they'd bypass that record by a long way... land size doesn't give us any information

To prove my point: I've tried to fill in the land with as many green lanterns as I could - I could fit about 10 and a halfgreen lantern new coaster.png

That's over 5kms of track, more than twice the length of Steel Dragon 2000

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic