DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

5 hours ago, Intimidator305. said:

I'm thinking that the location of the coaster or 'Lakeside Precinct' is just a guess? Unless someone knows that's where its going. If that was the case, it would make sense the ride hasn't been announced yet, as VRTP would want to announce everything at the same time, and probably just need some plans approved for the lake and hotel.

It's not a guess as the hypercoaster is clearly next to the swamp which they've interpreted as a 'lake'. The same swamp is very likely the 'lake' in VRTP's proposed 'lakeside precinct' (so the swamp might be converted to a 'lake' in the future) but I don't think the 'lakeside precinct' is part of MW. I think it is separate and more near TopGolf's rumoured site & the western side of the swamp.The plans for the 'lakeside precinct' and hotel have already been approved but yes, VRTP might want to announce everything at once like they did when SE was formally announced - when SE was formally announced, they announced expansions at all their theme parks.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

• 2 weeks later...

^Poor coaster nerds, no new spank bank material. They'll have to imagine the ride in RCT etc.

I know one person who's been on Flash at Lewa, and it didn't make their top ten. I hope the MW custom layout elevates it well above Flash (at least in quality, if not height). In any case it should be great, we'll see as to what degree of greatness.

In all seriousness, I'm pretty happy with the fencing we've got. At least it isn't chain link like this...

Restricted-Area-Raptor-Roller-Coaster-Accident-Cedar-Point.jpeg

I reckon its just me, but I feel it looks so temporary. Imagine Green Lantern with this fencing.... ew. I'm pretty sure the raptor fencing is used on Superman and Arkham, but I think it works because the coasters go near the Asylum and jails generally have that kind of fencing. So I'm pretty happy with the fence.

(You know we need an anouncement when a coaster enthusiast starts discussing how smart their fence decision was.)

9 hours ago, djrappa said:

What if say he worked for the freight company? 

Then he'd know when it was shipping but nothing about the construction. Let's maybe wait for an answer for we jump down the condemnation path

Except for the fact that he is (or was a few months ago) a school kid if I remember correctly. Could always know someone I guess - let's wait and see.

11 hours ago, djrappa said:

What if say he worked for the freight company?

2 hours ago, Santa07 said:

Except for the fact that he is (or was a few months ago) a school kid if I remember correctly.

On 09/12/2016 at 9:42 PM, Ryande16 said:

It's been a while guys, schoolies got the better of me.

Which day @Ryande16?  I'm positive nobody here will take any photos when it happens.:D

Next week or the week after that or even 3-4 weeks with around 35 days shipping time to Brisbane I would say that this baby is on a boat right now.

Small trivia that I came across while carrying out my research.  You can pay to travel on a cargo ship.  Most ships have 1 - 5 cabins they hire out to the public.  WHO'S KEEN for a 91 day round trip to the west coast for $14 000.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

I wonder how Dreamworld competes with this if they survive longer term. Space World in Japan has closed and there's some pretty good coasters in that park that could do with a move south.

So excited about the new fence developments, I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. And that curiously placed footer in the carpark fascinates me.

You can't take it all in from the fast lane.  When I know, I'm going to be driving past I leave 5min earlier and do a quick drive-by.   I doubt ever in my life time I will get to see another hyper being constructed.  Other people’s photos are great but they don’t do it justice.   I even push it to the 10mins barrier sometimes and get out of the car and walk over to the GL looking towards WnW and try to picture it in my head and how it will end up looking.

Welcome to Parkz @Ash

Edited by YLFATEEKS

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic