Dreamworld June Update

7 hours ago, MickeyD said:

Thanks for the update! 

So what rides are actually operating at the moment? Seems like a good time to go if you wanna see Tiger Cubs, that's about it!

Just The Claw, Pandemonium and Puss in Boots. Everything else is open.

Also, was at DreamWorld last weekend, and at around 10:30 or so, they were doing water dummy testing on Escape from Madagascar, as well as pulling the train slowly throughout the layout with two ropes. Is this a normal occurrence?

10 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Sorry about the watermark, it is just there because these are screenshots from the video

Don't you make the video though? so couldn't you screenshot things before you plastered logos all over it?

I mean - if you're sorry its there, its not like it's hard to remove, is it?

thanks for the update though. good to see whats happening down there now i'm not visiting. cheers.

22 minutes ago, themeparkaddict said:

Is there a possibility that they have changed their mind about a shaded seating site? Is that why work might have stopped.

You'd think the amount of ridicule they received from replacing a pretty decent ride with a 'shaded seated area' would surely have them rethinking this.

For example, I know I've been telling mates how frustrated I am by the delays to the new shaded seating area and I want to be first in line when it opens... this kind of sarcasm would be happening all over the place whenever DreamWorld is discussed. They really need to change the topic of conversation, like making this space useful or god-forbid announcing a spectacular new ride at some point.

I wouldn't expect the park to be busy. Was not busy on my recent visits anyway. Perfect time for maintenance also across both parks. As for the removal of the seating near the surf shop maybe its to allow machinery in or something. I am sure they (DW management) know what they want to do and how they can execute it. But naturally not every decision they will make will please everyone.

6 minutes ago, StingRay said:

If they are going to fix the image and reputation of the park they need to do something bold. 

Rome wasn't built in a day.

I certainly agree with you that they need to do something bold.

What I meant was that your statement that you are "sure" that they " know what they want to do and how they can execute it. " is bold.

Their track record doesn't give me enough confidence to be sure that they know anything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexB said:

I certainly agree with you that they need to do something bold.

What I meant was that your statement that you are "sure" that they " know what they want to do and how they can execute it. " is bold.

Their track record doesn't give me enough confidence to be sure that they know anything.

100% agree the track record has been rather dull. They had people who just did not know what they could or should do. Sure some people in the past did an alright job but this park changed the industry here in Australia forever.

I really do think with the capital they can invest, plus the management restructures this place can turn its self around. It might not get to the standard everyone wants but it surely cannot get any worse than it has been. I think for now its good that Seaworld is doing all these announcements. Some of the heat (well only a little) gets taken away from DW while SW does its thing.

Just means when DW does something it will be good. I mean heck everyone seems excited about a topspin for SW 😂

18 minutes ago, StingRay said:

Giving them a chance is a bold thing to do also. 

If I were a board member - probably.

As a punter - i don't really get a choice. I'll wait for results. Don't get me wrong - the appointment of Greg to the park has promising written all over it, and there's been a few small things both on and off the radar that indicate a turnaround - but at this stage, until concrete results start to appear (such as opening Sky Voyager, or announcements the likes of what Sea World just has), i remain to be convinced.

• Like 2