Fright Nights 2022 Maze Speculation

jaginator18

Hey all!

Long time lurker here! Since October is only a few months away I thought it would be a good time to start up the FN2022 thread!

Since it's been 3 years since the last season (due to obvious reasons), what is everyone's thoughts on what IP's/themes that we'll see this year assuming everything goes well? Personally I would love to see them create another horror game themed maze based on "Five Nights at Freddy's" since it is one of the biggest horror game franchises right now or a maze based on the Outlast series!

Also since traditionally new "headlining" mazes are used for 2 years and the IT maze was introduced in 2019, do you think we will see it return?

• Like 1

• Richard changed the title to Fright Nights 2022 Maze Speculation

I think this year, all 5 mazes will be new as IP licences would’ve expired and set designs would need replacing / refreshing. I also wouldn’t would love if they could pull off 6 quality mazes this year. For the mazes i think we could see:

- 2-3x Original Designs 

- 3 IP Designs (ideas: The Conjuring 3, Malignant, Doctor Sleep, hereditary) 

for the precincts, i’d love if they would use the old Arkham courtyard (if it’s not demolished yet) for a precinct and then another one in the Kids Area (themed to an abandoned fair ground as the rides will be closed as it isn’t a kids event), then have a maze in the shed behind JDC (i don’t know if it’s occupied or not already) which follows the same theme with killers, zombies or whatever taking over the land. it would be cool if they could use the AA Queue line area for a maze but i don’t think that would happen.

anyways these are just ideas and speculation, hopefully we do see this event return this year

11 minutes ago, Rivals said:

another one in the Kids Area (themed to an abandoned fair ground as the rides will be closed as it isn’t a kids event), then have a maze in the shed behind JDC (i don’t know if it’s occupied or not already) which follows the same theme with killers, zombies or whatever taking over the land.

I've always thought about cool ideas that could incorporate the WB Kids area! I know this would probably never happen and is wishful thinking but the thought of turning the area and iconic characters into a nightmarish version of the Looney Tunes titled along the lines of "Twisted Tunez" would be awesome.

Given the issues with staffing and covid, and that appearing to be getting worse currently rather than better, i'm not expecting anymore than 4 mazes, and the likelihood that 3 may be repeated. Given we haven't had an FN in 3 years, i'm not expecting that to be much an issue for people really.

I think IT will return, and we'll get a new Halloween themed maze with the final movie of the Jamie-Lee saga coming to an end with Halloween Ends releasing in October.  

The other 2 will be generic - i'd love to see the return of the Film Vault - i still believe that was their best original creation despite it being a decade ago now. 

40 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Why do you think they've kept intencity shuttered for the past 3 years? The maze is still sitting there.

i never said it wasn’t, i said it wasn’t still sitting their i said they sets would probably need refreshing and / or replacing if they have not been maintained over the past couple years. 

The Halloween Ends trailer just came out (below for those who haven’t seen it) and it looks like it would be a great fit, i remember the last Halloween maze being pretty enjoyable and wouldn’t mind a new variation for the new movie. 

for the other 2 IP Mazes, if halloween wasn’t brought on i’d love to see Scream, as well as The Conjuring 3, after the Conjuring 2 maze (probably my favourite that i’ve experienced) i’ve always wanted to see another Conjuring Maze. I think it’s pretty safe to say if any were returning, it would be IT, the set design alone would guarantee it a second run.

33 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

You literally said "all 5 mazes will be new as IP licences would’ve expired". You said nothing about "if they haven't been maintained". Are you mental? The thread is still on the same damn page - try scrolling!

687E8FE4-BB67-47EB-8E5A-A42FD5A84A68.thumb.jpeg.54dd4e5ba08f3f8b3d0acccc3e5ca8d9.jpeg

since you clearly can’t read i’ve underlined exactly what i said just for you. 

i said “i think they will be new as ip licences would’ve expired”, never said 100% they are expired - me thinking this is due to normally the Fright Night maze IP’s only last for 2 years, hence why the mazes only stay for 2 years. 

I then went onto say “set designs would need replacing / refreshing” if i was alluding to the fact the mazes had been removed, why would i say it would need that? I was pretty clearly alluding to that the mazes most likely haven’t been maintained and just been sitting there since the last event, hence why i said “set designs would need replacing / refreshing” - which also added onto why i think there would be 5 new mazes as i think they haven’t been maintained 

before telling someone to read something they said, you should try reading stuff properly. I should be able to allude pretty clear points without needing to write an essay explaining the points. 

Edited by Rivals

9 minutes ago, Rivals said:

you should try reading stuff properly

I must admit, it's been pretty hard.

18 hours ago, Rivals said:

I also wouldn’t would love if they could pull off 6 quality mazes this year

1 hour ago, Rivals said:

i never said it wasn’t, i said it wasn’t still sitting their

Try proof reading your own ramblings.

"I think all 5 mazes will be new" - your thought

"as IP licences would've expired" - reason number one for your thought

"and set designs would need replacing / refreshing" - reason number two for your thought.

You had the option, you chose to double down. I'm not keen on dragging threads down into bullshit, but I also won't stand for someone re-inventing reality when they realise they goofed.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

You had the option, you chose to double down. I'm not keen on dragging threads down into bullshit, but I also won't stand for someone re-inventing reality when they realise they goofed.

no one reinvented anything anyone said except you, i know exactly what i said, how i said, and why i said. 

29 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Try proof reading your own ramblings.

i had like 5 minutes to write what i said as some people here are busy, so if there’s any mistakes in what i’ve said then i apologise. 

i’m done with this conversation now so have a good day.

Edited by Rivals

It's a running trend on here to write something that's wrong, get called out for it, then double down with a new reality to prove the original wrong point.

Everyone just needs to chill out and be a little let precious.

And the "I was in a hurry so wrote nonsense" excuse is the oldest one ever. Hot tip: If you're in a hurry, then just resist the urge to post :) 

4 hours ago, rappa said:

It's a running trend on here to write something that's wrong, get called out for it, then double down with a new reality to prove the original wrong point.

Everyone just needs to chill out and be a little let precious.

good thing i know what i said and what i was doing :) 

anyways back on top, maze fright night performers and presenters are now being hired

FA98A4C5-2280-429B-B33F-9BC5FD2B2932.png

On 22/07/2022 at 2:45 PM, rappa said:

Tripling down is new though...

On 22/07/2022 at 6:55 PM, Rivals said:

good thing i know what i said and what i was doing :) 

53 minutes ago, Rivals said:

teaser #2, looks like this year’s themes might be getting darker then we were expecting

FullSizeRender.MOV 11.5 MB · 2 downloads  

(credit: @mike_croaker- instagram)

Doesn't scream an existing franchise to me, so I wonder if it directly relates to a maze or if it's just something they've made to fit an aesthetic and tease.

1 hour ago, Tricoart said:

Doesn't scream an existing franchise to me, so I wonder if it directly relates to a maze or if it's just something they've made to fit an aesthetic and tease.

i’d guess it would be a tease but who knows these days. if you look into it as if it’s a tease, it gives me House of Kain vibes, however i don’t think we’ll be getting that again and i don’t remember HoK being that gory looking; but i’d expect something sort of along those lines or maybe sacrificial spiritual stuff? 

also looking at MW’s post, it does look like some sort of witch or something along those lines so if there’s original themes again im expecting a witch. In the same post i don’t know if this is a coincidence or not but whatever is behind the text is holding up 5 fingers which i’m guessing is confirming it will be 5 mazes again this year. i do hope they release some sort of teaser like they did in 2019 which allows us to speculate easier (the video of the old lady in the chair giving maze theme hints)

Edited by Rivals