Fright Nights 2022

themagician

25 minutes ago, Ashley said:

With @kujotess stating it was extremely busy last night, and that fact that last night was sold out, we can only assume there was about 6000 peeps in the park.

As someone that has been spending a lot of time at the park during FN since 2015, last night was not extremely busy at all. The maze wait times were lower than usual. Never had to wait to get past people or try dodge people. It was an easy event to navigate. There have definitely been busier nights in past events. Hell, White Christmas on their quietest night was busier than last night.

Edited by JaggedJanine
Edit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rivals said:

that’s the thing, compared to previous years the queue times and crowd levels weren’t bad at all.

Like he said, IT was 1hr (2-3hrs previous event), Conjuring was only 20mins, Death Row was 15mins, Zombieland walk on (around 30mins-1hr previously) and Doll Haus was 20mins (1hr - 1.5hrs previously.) These times were in peak period as the mazes lines start shrinking towards the end of the event. 

With those wait times, they can all be done in 1hr and 55mins (excluding walking to and from), whereas last time people were only getting 1-2 mazes done in the entire night. 

Touché 

In saying that ‘It’ maze wasn’t necessarily 1 hour to be exact, I’d say 1.5-2 hours. I was told by a worker that the line would be “well over 1 hour”. I should’ve specified that clearer. 

Maybe they did cap the capacity at a lower number this year, I just personally didn’t really notice a difference at all to a sold out night in 2019. For example I remember waiting 2 hours for the “It” maze, but walking straight into Leatherface. I only remember waiting around 15-20 minutes for HOK. 

The car park was full and cars were parked on the grass when I left just after 9. To say it was a “quiet night” is a ridiculous assumption to make.

Edited by kujotess

6 minutes ago, themagician said:

Is there four mazes in the sheds behind WWF this year? Is the path through WWF the only way to access them with AA closed? Where are the precincts and panic rooms located?

Doll Haus & Zombieland - 2019 location.

Conjuring & Death Row - Leatherface & HOK 2019 shed.

IT - 2019 location.

Both WWF and AA entries are open but AA entry is only accessible through the walkway next to Scooby due to demolition.

Panic rooms are also moved to the back of the park where the 4 mazes are. Not 100% sure but i think the Realscape experiences are located next to Rivals.

Precincts;

Purgatory - Front of the park

Pain Street - Main Street

Kill Eye - Area in front of Scooby and DD

Reaper County - WWF area

Viral - Back of the park where the mazes are located. 

• Like 1

6000 is a lot less than previous years numbers. 2012 for example they would sell 10,000 a night. So that's a much smaller number. I still remember nearly being bowled over at the Supeman entry when we did the walkback from the little archway under the launch to open up Arkham and Superman. 4 staff vs like 1000 guests all desperate to get to the mazes and rides, not a good idea haha. Glad after the 1st one they moved the crowds back to the actual ride entrances.

after attending the event as a guest i will say i found this year to be a massive improvement overall. Heres a mini review / maze rankings for anyone still wondering if they should go or not; 

Precincts:

bad: Purgatory and Pain Street.

Both of the areas actors were tame, by 8:00pm they seemed over it and were only standing around scaring some people every once in a while.

okay: Viral

This area really is to just get you while you’re still jumpy from the mazes, which is successful most of the time. It wasn’t meant to be great but still enjoyable.

good: Kill Eye

This area wasn’t very scary however it had great vibes and actors but overall did lack a sense of fear and was just very fun instead. 

great: Reaper County

This area really was one of the best they’ve had in a while, the actors were very engaging, fun and delivered good scares and even had good theming throughout with a great soundtrack.

Maze Ranking:

5. Zombie-land Double Tap (3/10) 1x

• 5min wait

a lot of the spots were actors were in 2019 were replaced by mannequins, around 2 dull actors present. Truck scene was removed which use to deliver great jumps and it had declined a lot from the past year.

4. Doll Haus (5/10) 1x

• 10min wait

This use to be my favourite but it seemed different this year, less scares (most still good when they hit) but just didn’t amaze me as much as last time.

3. IT (6/10) 1x

• 30min wait

Didn’t do this maze in 2019 but it was really enjoyable, actors were great and so was the set design. I wish more actors were present in some scenes but the ending definitely delivered. 

2. Conjuring Universe (8/10) 2x

• 50min wait, walk on.

It was a really great maze. The actors delivered great scares (crooked man actor / animatronic? seemed very out of time), but wow. The set designs were accurate to the movies and i enjoyed it a lot.

1. Death Row (9.5/10)

• 15min wait, walk on.

Just wow, i’ve heard this one gets mixed reviews but i loved it. The scares delivered, set design was good and creepy, the actors portrayed their roles great. Definitely hope they don’t dull this one down next year. 

Crowd Levels

The crowd was definitely a lot less then previous years, more space to move around the pathways, less waits for everything and within the last 45mins everything was less then a 5min wait. 

Overall, Im glad the event is improving, i hope they continue this next year and deliver 3 new mazes as great as this years new mazes… i hope this helped anyone considering wether to go or not :)

Edited by Rivals
  • Like 3

My partner went last night with some friends, they didn’t have fast track and said it was ridiculously busy and almost undoable without fast track.

granted they got there at 6:45 so missed the jump and it always puts you behind when you do, but they had an hour wait for conjuring and then IT which was the other they were really keen on apparently looked even longer so they skipped it. 

The waited in line for scooby for 30mins only for it to go down with tech issues (I never understand riding scooby at night) and all ride queues were closed by 9:20 in prep for 10pm closes.

I’m heading there last weekend of the month so hoping for better overall experience 

We did it last Saturday night and used Fast Track while it was busy, but found after 10pm all the back shed mazes were walk on except Conjuring. That was fun because we could go through by ourselves. 

Can't comment on what IT was like after 10pm. We went and lined up right at the entrance for IT as soon as we got in so we could get a quick run through straight away and revisit later with fast track. The IT line had a lot of people in the fast track queue early, and it would be advisable to use fast track later when the line is empty.

The event was fun, and better than I expected (I've been the last 4-5 years it has been operating), but I would have preferred an unlimited fast track or option or UTT, but we made the most of what was on offer.   

On 15/10/2022 at 9:47 AM, Brad2912 said:

My partner went last night with some friends, they didn’t have fast track and said it was ridiculously busy and almost undoable without fast track.

It was busy.  IT blew out to 140min. Conjuring was 80mins at 10pm and the worst Superman got to was 70min.  A lot of people don’t know where Doll Haus is because Doll Haus was never more than 15mins, where Zombieland got up to 40mins.  I lost count on how many people I told where Doll Haus was.  I took my teenager niece, and she had a great time, so I think MW got most things right.  The only issues I found this year was the lack of food options.   When I arrived at 5:30pm MW were letting people onto the rides before the event started so we snuck in a Scooby before 6.

my night was “sold out” and the longest a line ever got to was 90mins for IT which only lasted not too long with Scooby being the longest ride wait at 60mins, GL was walk on and Rivals was 20mins.

Could they be selling more tickets on the dates closer to Halloween? or were the first nights a case of trying to influence guests to buy tickets, which has clearly worked if that’s the case. 

1 hour ago, Rivals said:

my night was “sold out” and the longest a line ever got to was 90mins for IT which only lasted not too long with Scooby being the longest ride wait at 60mins, GL was walk on and Rivals was 20mins.

Could they be selling more tickets on the dates closer to Halloween? or were the first nights a case of trying to influence guests to buy tickets, which has clearly worked if that’s the case. 

Could be but even so, if you have a plan, it is easy to complete all mazes.

For people who haven’t been yet, my top tips are.

From the opening take the cut-through next to Scooby to get to the mazes.  Do not go past WWF.

Order of Mazes.  

1.       The Conjuring

2.       Death Row

3.       Zombieland

4.       Doll Haus

I was able to complete these 4 mazes by 7:30pm doing them in this order.  (by the time I exited the group of mazes, The Conjuring was out onto the main path).

IT got better through the night as a lot of fastpass guest went for it first.

• Love it! 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Noll_57 said:

Considering most of the building is still advertising the Fun House which hasn’t operated since 2019, I’d say it could stick around for a while. 

The Fun House was actually theming used for the IT Maze. It's from the movie. There was also a large clown mouth that you walked through, since taken down 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoGoBoy said:

The Fun House was actually theming used for the IT Maze. It's from the movie.

Oh right. It looks so similar to the original Intencity facade that I honestly didn’t even notice a difference. I just assumed the “Fun House” was part of Intencity’s branding. 254D7329-7FDD-4660-BEC7-C11013CE30B8.thumb.jpeg.e33f543d3cd1181ffd8fa780bd94abc3.jpeg
Image from Google Street view, taken in 2018. 

Edited by Noll_57
Added image credit

3 hours ago, Noll_57 said:

Oh right. It looks so similar to the original Intencity facade that I honestly didn’t even notice a difference. I just assumed the “Fun House” was part of Intencity’s branding. 254D7329-7FDD-4660-BEC7-C11013CE30B8.thumb.jpeg.e33f543d3cd1181ffd8fa780bd94abc3.jpeg
Image from Google Street view, taken in 2018. 

Yeah that's fair - it's almost identical. I guess they had the design saved and just changed the text