Viking’s Revenge Flume Ride Removal

themagician

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

More of the flume is being dismantled (thanks to Jaggs Journeys)

178331F6-FA88-41D2-9B76-F50FBA02C458.thumb.jpeg.507e73fd2c4ed3bebac8b38542c90919.jpeg

51839C1E-3C28-49F9-A7C3-4398BC3B16DE.thumb.jpeg.a58254819cb2be448b5c1ebf8ed4a354.jpeg

C23780F4-9460-4B38-AED7-C6DE072CF5B6.thumb.jpeg.5818754c32bf9ce90cd2f9706e938533.jpeg

AE2D6782-270D-4D7B-A909-0D44914BEEF9.thumb.jpeg.ebc8b89e5d11f86c9851b0af1d10f9a3.jpeg

Not gonna lie, a bit sad to see it go. I have memories of being on this ride as a young kid at Sea World and my grandma sitting at the back trying not to get her hair wet, and me laughing when she did end up getting wet.

Edited by TBoy
  • Like 2

I hope eventually there is a new ride planned either for the area or the old Corkscrew/Sea Viper area after WoO/Surfrider at MW. There is only 11-12 rides in the whole park currently, and half of them are rides in Nickelodeon Land. Yes I know rides aren't the only thing to do, but if someone comes deliberately for them without wanting to see the animals/shows, then it can be a half-day park for them.

Sad to see it with just the drop pretty much left intact! I mean I guess they were never gonna revamp it . Lots of memories on that ride! It was my first real “ride” I went on.  but it is time for it to go 🫡🥲 I would love it so much if they built a new log flume in the same spot paying homage to the original but still bringing some new features maybe. The main thing would be having it drop from the castle like the original. It probably won’t happen but a man can hope!

Edited by REGIE

viking revenge’s splash down is completely gone.! With no trace. All the bits of stuff in jaggs photos are now gone. It’s just clean concrete. The pillars that holded it up are also gone. Some of the trough under storm is also completely gone and now filled in with gravel even more so then in jaggs picture.

I am a bit worried for the castle too. They obviously are not maintaining it. It’s being used as temporary seating storage.

16 hours ago, REGIE said:

I am a bit worried for the castle too. They obviously are not maintaining it. It’s being used as temporary seating storage.

The castle is a holdover from a simpler time when things were built in house. there is a wooden walkway that goes all the way around the eastern side of the castle that got closed off a few years back - presumably because it was starting to fall apart. With that, the cessation of the 3d theatre, the closure of the flume and the removal of the skyway, the entire zone is completely dead. Whatever the plan is, I hope that the next time it's SW's turn for development they plan something fully fleshed out for the area (ala Atlantis) and don't just bulldoze a flat pad wherever it fits for an off the shelf flat...

If trident was from a good company and had faster operations and just overall better reliability it would have worked.

As far as looks go it looks sick. Seaworld needed a tower type thing.  But it just flopped . I haven’t even ridden it yet! It’s always closed or 1hour+ wait.  And I can’t imagine it would be worth that wait when you could be on the coasters.

I kinda wish it was a Larson arm drop tower or something else but seaworld is more of a family park I guess

Edited by REGIE
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, REGIE said:

If trident was from a good company and had faster operations and just overall better reliability it would have worked.

As far as looks go it looks sick. Seaworld needed a tower type thing.  But it just flopped . I haven’t even ridden it yet! It’s always closed or 1hour+ wait.  And I can’t imagine it would be worth that wait when you could be on the coasters.

I kinda wish it was a Larson arm drop tower or something else but seaworld is more of a family park I guess

When i went earlier this year, on a school day as well, trident was at no point under a 45 minute wait - despite the fact that the line only ever looked half full. It seems like a very aesthetically pleasing yet functionally lacking attraction.

On 22/06/2023 at 9:27 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Whatever the plan is, I hope that the next time it's SW's turn for development they plan something fully fleshed out for the area (ala Atlantis) and don't just bulldoze a flat pad wherever it fits for an off the shelf flat...

There were some big plans for the area 5 - 6 years ago but they seem to have gone the way of Wild, Ironclad and Dusty...