"Significant" new attractions to be announced at Dreamworld

7 minutes ago, Cactus_Matt said:

What do you mean by redundant? I haven't been to Dreamworld to ride Steel Taipan yet but out of all their current rides The Claw is probably my favourite at the park.

Well 10 years ago there wasnt really any other rides of its kind in Australia, but now with much larger pendulars like SX360 and Sledgehammer, and imo more exciting flat rides at DW (Pandamonium and Tailspin) it just feels to me like it hasn’t aged well. 

The Claw is imo the top 3 in the park, panda makes me feel sick and uncomfortable with tailspin being calm and relaxing (no spinning)

Then compared to the other flats on the coast, it beats out Doomsday and Vortex easily.

I think one more flat (to balance out the collection), more family rides and 2 coasters 1 airtime stand out is all the park needs for the time being.

2 hours ago, Rivals said:

The Claw is imo the top 3 in the park, panda makes me feel sick and uncomfortable with tailspin being calm and relaxing (no spinning)

Then compared to the other flats on the coast, it beats out Doomsday and Vortex easily.

I think one more flat (to balance out the collection), more family rides and 2 coasters 1 airtime stand out is all the park needs for the time being.

I think Tailspin is pretty much perfect for my wants in what a flat provides. It can be a calming, nice ride if you choose not to flip, and has good forces (namely, hangtime and whip) if you do choose to flip. The Claw's much too restrictive for me, and Pandemonium's way too fast, as well as having way too many positive forces and degrees of motion to be anything more than headache-inducing. So far as the other flats go, I think Pandemonium is below Vortex, and Doomsday is below The Claw, but Tailspin's #1. If I were to pick 1 more flat for DW, though, I'd say some kind of observation ride before anything thrilling.

Edited by Tricoart

Im not saying The Claw is a bad ride I guess Aussie World is my home park and I ride Sx360 often so going to dreamworld the claw just feels like it has a lot less impact on me than it once did. Personally Tailspin is my favourite flat at Dreamworld. As for Doomsday, yes, the Claw is definitely better than Doomsday, talk about a redundant ride. 

Maybe calling The Claw redundant was a little OTT, its still a good ride I just feel Dreamworld can do better for a top 3 thrill ride. 

8 hours ago, Rivals said:

The Claw is imo the top 3 in the park

The fact that a fairly basic flat ride can easily be in someone’s top 3 at the park is kinda sad on dreamworld’s behalf. They need to start adding unique coasters & experiences to the park within the next decade or so.  An airtime filled coaster would be good for their coaster collection, and in terms of family rides they showed us what they’re capable of with SkyVoyager, so a nicely paced dark ride (cough…cough…Bluey) would really go a long way.

25 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

Movie World should get a Zamperla Giant Discovery to make the claw totally redundant. 800 rph, 50% taller, 40% faster - perfecto! 

I'd much rather something that isn't 10 minutes up the road. If I wanted to have an intense frisbee style ride I'd go the KMG XXL like The Beast. They make park versions of them too, and are by far the most intense Gyro Swing style rides out there. But I think it would be stupid for Movie World to go with something like that.

3 hours ago, Natti_amusements said:

The fact that a fairly basic flat ride can easily be in someone’s top 3 at the park is kinda sad on dreamworld’s behalf. They need to start adding unique coasters & experiences to the park within the next decade or so.  An airtime filled coaster would be good for their coaster collection, and in terms of family rides they showed us what they’re capable of with SkyVoyager, so a nicely paced dark ride (cough…cough…Bluey) would really go a long way.

It’s forceful, yet graceful and a very fun ride, if it was at Movie World it would probably be top 5 and Sea World just behind Jet Rescue, so i don’t think it says that much about Dreamworld‘s line up tbh.

Zamperla’s Giant Discoveries have very uncomfortable restraints and take a lot longer to reach full swing when compared to The Claw, it would be a very dumb move. 

27 minutes ago, Rivals said:

if it was at Movie World it would probably be top 5 and Sea World just behind Jet Rescue, so i don’t think it says that much about Dreamworld‘s line up tbh.

Well then maybe it says something about the Australian themeparks ig.

And by all means I’m not saying it’s a bad ride, it’s good quality among its kind and even flats in general, but for most parks around the world the size of the GC parks , flats aren’t the main draw, but instead the coasters and unique experiences are the best rides at the park imo

48 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

I much prefer them personally. I didn't have an issue with the restraints. They do take longer but for that you get double the throughput. Worth it. 

32 riders on the claw vs 40 on a Giant Discovery. Not really double the capacity. Add some turnstiles to the queue and you'll certainly get double or triple the capacity though

• Like 1

It may be 8 riders added per cycle but since the giant discoveries take longer to load and dispatch compared to intamin’s versions (like the claw) and it already taking about twice as long to reach full swing, resulting in a much longer and repetitive ride cycle, it’s not like you’ll notice the 20% difference. 

plus MovieWorld already has imo the worst operations on the coast, so the long loading times would take even longer, dumbest decision they could make.

Edited by Rivals

1 hour ago, Baconjack said:

Sledgehammer is garbage. You’re going to have a hard time fitting into the restraints if you’re above 6 foot or are bigger, which is a problem for more people than you’d think.

Spend the cash and get the new gen Intamin version like what’s at Adventure World.

Hmm, are Sledgehammer and SX360 the same model/manufacturer? I have only ridden SX360 and I am quite a large dude and I found the restraints to be quite comfortable. 

19 minutes ago, Coasterjoe said:

Hmm, are Sledgehammer and SX360 the same model/manufacturer? I have only ridden SX360 and I am quite a large dude and I found the restraints to be quite comfortable. 

Sledgehammer is a Zamperla, SF360 is im pretty sure a Technical Park Typhoon 360 model. If they were to replace Doomsday with anything it should be the original attraction they are planning tbh🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

I think there has to be a more compelling reason for a giant swing than an "up yours" to DW.

We now have them at DW, Aussie World, Luna Park, Adventure World, a number in varying sizes on the travelling circuit plus a mini one at Funfields.

I mean the bigger Intamin one (Eg Tigeren at Djurs) is better than the smaller model (Eg Goliath at AW)

The motion of the Zamperla giant ones is a bit more nauseating for some reason (I've done Sven Svingarm and Scream Machine at Adlabs Imagicaa)

But really? do we want MW to build this and then that's our 'new' thrill ride for 3 or 4 years?