Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point "Closing"

Coasterjoe

Just been following some construction updates from Lake Erie Lifestyles, which recently uploaded a small speculation video regarding one of Tony Clark’s twitter posts. We all know how much Tony loves to tease new attractions through hints and clues, and they even said clues would be coming very soon for TTD in the interview for the new Wild Mouse. 

Speculations for this number: 4,488,987 

[4] Either number of records broken (possible examples shown in the linked video) or number of launches, if it launches spike first.

[488] Most agree it must be the spike’s height (ft), making it the world’s tallest coaster once again!

[987] Some say it is the length of additional track (ft) being added overall, or even riders per hour, however I agree most with the length speculation myself.

I understand it’s all speculation, but I thought it would be worth a look😁

Edited by Gtmichaels
Grammar

19 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

Apparently not tall enough to reach the top of the top hat 

I'm not so sure about that. The crane boom looks like it has extension sections. There looks to be about 5 sections it can push out, plus the lattice boom on top. 

it'd be a stretch for that to reach the top hat, but it's not like its lifting a heap of weight so full extension doesn't need to have high capacity.

It's a liebherr truck crane so i'm just trying to identify the specific model...

39 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

These were the cranes that they used to install it in the first place

image.thumb.jpeg.e8d034da609e9cf1dc799ad07f5fbaed.jpeg

Right, so looking at those, the first part of the boom (which in the original picture is fixed) is just replaced by a telescoping boom in the current picture. the jib looks to be about the same as the original, so its plausible it's tall enough.

As best as I can tell, this looks like a Mobile crane LTM 1300-6.2 | Liebherr.

The telescopic boom extends to 70 metres, and can have a luffing lattice jib attached at the end. The liebherr website says the jib can be up to 78 metres long, but the technical manual only lists up to a 70 metre jib, which reaches just shy of 120 metres - not quite tall enough to reach TTD's 130 metre top hat. 

All this is from my own online research and interpretation, but it looks like it's just too short. I wouldn't be surprised though given how close it is if there was some way for them to lift it down from a point lower than the top hat, or for the specs to be a little off in the book and a longer jib was available. Lift capacity at that extension though is small - 2-3t max - would the track sections fall under that?

image.thumb.png.8054a4164e9b129db0382a50bdf47451.png

31 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

Yes. I did say I wasn't so sure of that. But there is also a chance.

You also conveniently left out the first word of your original post, so just to be clear - you weren't sure either:

22 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

Apparently not tall enough to reach the top of the top hat 

So don't make out like you already proved something. 

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.31b4767bbbe1ccc5d74f84bd4ef6917a.png

I would have expected Village to wait and see the performance of Dragster before going down the Superman Escape Next Generation route.

(now I don't think TPSN is gospel by any means but broken clocks can be right twice a day, they've gotten a few things right in recent months re: surfrider but this a can of worms worth opening)

Edited by Baconjack

I know this is a weird topic for this but in relation to the above post, this screenshot had been uploaded onto facebook in a screen recording form (linked below) so do with this as you wish. There was also supposedly a page up about the SurfRider relocation so if this is true i’d expect an announcement soon. I’d take it lightly until it’s been confirmed.

IMG_2540.thumb.jpeg.f19b1b40c7eb38fc9e235e68a02dd408.jpeg

TPSN

Seriously folks, there's a reason why we used to have the Fountain of Improbability. And TPSN is every part of that reason. 

image.thumb.png.a075bb48228654ffe2de110ff58d6b3e.png

It really doesn't take much to alter an existing website - you don't even need photoshop.

image.thumb.png.6dacd4ba52fc34c202e90b849e64453f.png

*disclaimer - these are clearly faked images. i've changed text in an outlandish way that nobody would believe was real to prove a point. No further correspondence needs to be entered into.

Just seeing this now and I can't believe people believe this on Facebook. TSPN is also trying to convince people bullshit that the top hat will be made double the height, being changed to 80m/260ft so taller than DC Rivals. 

This is very unrealistic as I said and made most likely for clickbait to get more followers. If they are using LIMs that are slower than hydraulics, how would the train get up the 80m tophat, unless there is a spike (which would ruin the story). I know TPSN makes fake news for followers but this is plain up stupid.

• Like 1