DC Rivals HyperCoaster train stuck mid-course

PoolGuy

Has anyone considered they trying to work how to actually fix it. I don't think I have seen a Mack coaster valley, or any coaster valley in Australia? Its not a quick fix and in a hard to reach spot with all supports and track around it. Valleys of this nature are minimum 14 day fixes at the absolute QUICKEST! I also assume if they take the train apart the train will then need to be tested and signed off before operating again. 

In the times I've seen Cyclone/Hot Wheels/Gold Coaster/the artist formerly known as Big Dipper valley pre side-winder element, it's usually a five to ten day turn-around to get the train off the track and reset. Keep in mind a few things:

1. Cyclone ft. all the other names valleys at a similarly tricky spot which is also higher (not that the height difference matters, both spots are reasonably close to the ground).
  2. There's two trains, so all they need to do is get the train off to get the ride running again.
  3. I highly doubt it take six days to source a crane.
  4. Mack Rides don't do pull throughs, so taking the train off is the only choice.
  5. It doesn't take six days for Mack to return calls, nor is it an unknown unknown where both Mack or Movie World have no insights on next steps.

To me it appears as though someone's dragging their feet on rectifying this. 

Edited by Slick
  • Like 3
  • Love it! 1

11 minutes ago, New display name said:

So many people, so quick to blame MW.

who else would be to blame? they have wind detectors (forgot the actual name) on the ride at the top of the lift hill, they would’ve seen winds were too high and not safe.

and then now it’s just sitting their, no one else can move it but them🤷‍♀️

9 minutes ago, Rivals said:

who else would be to blame? they have wind detectors (forgot the actual name) on the ride at the top of the lift hill, they would’ve seen winds were too high and not safe.

and then now it’s just sitting their, no one else can move it but them🤷‍♀️

Are you saying, you know why it stopped?

7 minutes ago, themagician said:

I haven’t seen evidence that the train was empty. It might have had riders on it and they got them out. And they haven’t made a statement that it was because of the winds, but people have made an assumption that’s the reason (which I do agree seems to be the reason)

image.thumb.png.db839ccb579090b1a6111af04edc8648.png

I'd say they would need assistance to evac the train in the spot its in.. like they did with the other coaster that got stuck that day...and they would have probably posted a statement too... and the media would have ate it up like they did schoobs. 

Still not sure why everyone here has so many doubts about what I post on this forum. 😕

Edited by Dean Barnett

36 minutes ago, rappa said:

They send empty trains every day un checks. 

Do they send the train around empty if they are having problems with it?

49 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

image.thumb.png.db839ccb579090b1a6111af04edc8648.pngStill not sure why everyone here has so many doubts about what I post on this forum. 😕

Because you don't know.   You are making a guess.  

3 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

08BA1DD3-A589-48A5-B92D-35C8D12D9B92.png

990F4BE2-BA3D-4737-87D6-E719034A91D0.png

All these wind speeds are below the maximum operating wind speed for the ride, which is the same whether it's an empty train or not. It became stuck during checks in the morning before anyone was riding it.

I imagine it was a combination of an empty train, a strong momentary gust, and probably cold track and wheel temperatures, all compounding at the same time to cause it to valley. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mba2012 said:

All these wind speeds are below the maximum operating wind speed for the ride, which is the same whether it's an empty train or not. It became stuck during checks in the morning before anyone was riding it.

I imagine it was a combination of an empty train, a strong momentary gust, and probably cold track and wheel temperatures, all compounding at the same time to cause it to valley. 

You contradicted yourself within the same post. 

There's no way 45km/h winds (not gusts) are within its operating limits. 

Empty trains have less mass. Less mass is less potential energy. The wind takes away potential energy from the trains. 

A loaded train (with real people or water people) may have made it around - that's the point I'm making about the empty train been sent around.

30 minutes ago, rappa said:

I can say with fact (from the manufacturer) its rated above 50km/hr before it has to be stopped. So 45 IS within limits. 

say the limit is exactly 50, and winds were 45 then that should be fine, but with how cold the track would’ve been (making the ride already run slow) with the trim break also on the first hill then add an empty train with less weight and a strong wind gust it makes sense why it rolled back. 

Im pretty sure Batwing was open when i left at around 4:15, so i’m assuming it myst’ve had issues closer to the park closing, which sucks as they can’t afford to have any more rides down currently (DC Rivals archway and beyond is completely closed now)

• joz locked this topic