DC Rivals HyperCoaster train stuck mid-course

PoolGuy

16 minutes ago, PoolGuy said:

Hyper coaster is stuck mid course. Train was empty but due to the wind it did not make it through the loop.

"DC Rivals Hypercoaster is closed until further notice" I await it lol. Big oof

**EDIT: It's already been thrown up on the website lol

Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 1.55.30 pm.png

Edited by Spotty
Added more info

Yikes, would be pretty pissed if I visited on a day pass atm, imagine paying $100 to visit a park with only 1 major attraction operating. You could say its a string of bad luck but with the amount of times the park is running at half capacity the last couple of years its getting harder and harder to have sympathy. 

4 minutes ago, Brendo88 said:

In relation to DC rivals being stuck mid course before the loop. Does anyone know how long that sort of thing takes for them to fix? 

I assume it has to be towed back to the station somehow? or is it more of an operation where it is craned from the track? 

I wouldn't be surprised to see them disassemble it where it is. Towing it back sounds like a long and difficult process, but they routinely take the trains apart for maintenance.

Edited by mba2012

8 hours ago, Spotty said:

Managed to snap this tonight. Whoopsie

1F44969D-A92E-4814-BB76-79E1BA8CA892.jpeg

In a way it shows how incompetent our local journalists have become - they all drove past a valleyed roller-coaster that was in plain sight to cover a news story about another valleyed roller-coaster that they had no chance of seeing.

Even the language I saw being used was clearly heightened to get clicks - “rescue”, “trapped”, “stuck,” “movie world blames guest” - like give me a god damn break.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Slick said:

In a way it shows how incompetent our local journalists have become - they all drove past a valleyed roller-coaster that was in plain sight to cover a news story about another valleyed roller-coaster that they had no chance of seeing.

Even the language I saw being used was clearly heightened to get clicks - “rescue”, “trapped”, “stuck,” “movie world blames guest” - like give me a god damn break.

I was thinking the same thing TBH. I would have thought this would have been more newsworthy lol. But it’s not really, as far as I’m aware the train was empty when this happened anyway.

34 minutes ago, Brendo88 said:

Movie would just updated their page….

Scooby, rivals, WWF all closed today in addition to the others already closed. 

Yet, just going on to the main page to see what's open (like, I'd imagine, any usual guest would), the only one displayed as under maintenance is GL. You've got to go into each one's individual page to see the little 'Planned Maintenance' footer.

Screenshot (182).png

Edited by Tricoart

• joz locked this topic