Massive Dreamworld Expansion

GoGoBoy

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are enough people that like it to have those eviction shows, but i think the majority with a brain dislikes the show.
How do you know the majority with a brain dislikes the show? can you give me a source (such as a statistical report by MCL or Network 10. I have no source or financial report but if they are giving a car to every housemate, and a million dollars to the winner... Gazza, this thread is talking about the Dreamworld expansion, if you want to discuss the financial opportunities of a reality television show such as Big Brother feel free to IM me. Sorry for getting off topic. I think a Dreamworld community is a great idea although it doesn't sound as though many more rides are going to be added to this community.

How do you know it makes millions of dollars? can you give me a source (such as a financial report by MCL or Network 10 that says this?
I cannot give you any sources but if you look at the show you will see that it makes millions. First where does the prize money come from? Sponsors. Not only does the winner get money but the majority of contestants get a cash prize. These sponsors actually pay to give the money away, the same goes for the cars. Mitsubishi gave the show however many cars to give away but they actually paid the production company to do that. Then there are all the adverts during the breaks. The products used in the house (food, appliances, etc). Every phone call made throughout the show by viewers to evict someone, or win a prize makes money for the show. If the show wasn't making some serious money it wouldn't be on air. "The Bus is now leaving for Prizemans Creek, Queensland"

I see your point, Big Brother was not the first reality TV show in Australia, I believe it was the first to coin the term reality TV. Anyways, thats beside the point. The point I was trying to make was that Southern Star Endemol and Network Ten have signed an agreement for two years with the option of a third. So Big Brother will exist until at least the end of the 2006 series. We know that 2005 series is going to be at Dreamworld and while they've got the format running successfully, why would they change it? So BB is here til 2006 minimum.

I'm not a big fan of Big Brother (or reality TV in genral) but you can't deny that it is good for Dreamworld. I mean, here's a high rating show and Dreamworld gets its name plastered all over it. Where ever the show goes, so does Dreamworld. The other thing as well, is people go to Dreamworld FOR Big Brother, its a motivator. Wether its good TV or not, its good for Dreamworld.

I believe it was the first to coin the term reality TV.
Again, something I have to disagree with. Big Brother has been out there overseas way before It came to Australia, but it still was not the first to coin the term. Your Survivors, (yes, even Survivor Australian Version) were around before big brother hit Australia. The term was coined from America, who have had Reality shows airing long before big brother was conceived.

Big Brother was very appealing to me in its first few years, however the 'concept' I am now over and the wool has long been taken off my eyes. Big Brother as stated above does draw people to DW, and that's a positive. Ick, I'm repeating myself. I'll move on to the reason I wanted to post: I'd much prefer to see The Mole utilise Dreamworld for an episode or two. My Fave "reality/contest" show and one of my Fave parks... [face=drool] And I'd be interested in visiting the 'community' precinct outside of DW's gates, whenever I went down to the Gold Coast I'd drop by for lunch etc. Nobody seems to have mentioned that it's something that the other Qld parks haven't done. The next gimmick to use against the opposition.

I'd much prefer to see The Mole utilise Dreamworld for an episode or two. My Fave "reality/contest" show and one of my Fave parks... [face=drool]
If I remember correctly in the one of the first series of The Mole, the contestants had to find particular billboards or something and one of them was the big one out the front of Dreamworld though that was as far as it went with the park. The Mole is one of my favourite reality shows. My favourite reality show is the Amazing Race - its a great show, but unfortunately I didn't watch it when it was first on so I missed the first couple of seasons before I got hooked. I think they should do an Australian version so that I can apply for it.

Thats funny...do people not flock from all around to go see the pyramids and venture into them all all that stuff? I'm not disrespecting thier beliefs however I am not respecting someone attempting to control a piece of nature...And last time I checked they are not buring people in the massive hollowness of Uluru

And tens of millions of people every year visit the Vatican. Obviously they don't climb on top because it dangerous and the building wouldn't support the load. Plus it's man-made, so people have the right to say it's "theirs". Aboriginals can claim a rock (a piece of nature) to be sacred to them, but why should anyone else have to see it that way too.

Personally when I get to the Pyramids one day I will not climb them or go inside. I studied Ancient History at school and did Egypt so I understand what those monuments mean to their culture. The reason people don't climb on the Vatican because they have respect. Just because it's not man made doesn't mean that it is any different to how they or we should feel about it. "The Bus is now leaving for Egypt, Queensland"

Personally when I get to the Pyramids one day I will not climb them or go inside. I studied Ancient History at school and did Egypt so I understand what those monuments mean to their culture.  
Despite the fact that the pyramids are the only surviving wonders of the ancient world and very important to preserve, the nearby city of Cairo (to the great pyramids atleast) has a huge problem with pollution. And as I saw on a documentary about the pyramids last week on the history channel, this pollution is not doing wonders for the survival of these ancient structures. As well, there is the fact that in previous centuries the stones on the outside of the pyramids were taken to be used for other building projects in the Egyptian cities. So it just shows how important the pyramids are for their culture, doesn't it?