Village Key

Ashley Jeffery

1 minute ago, joz said:

Well in that case the way they've done it is better as it can't slow down loading?

Granted I haven’t ridden it since Carnivalle, but there was always dead time when you are waiting for your group to move thru before the door, so having the scanner there would not impact loading 

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

It’s not a problem, it’s just yet another oversight. It would far more sense to have the QR scanner just before the glass sliding door so during grouping those who want to take part can scan, than to have it outside the ride where anyone can walk up to the scanner without having ridden. 

doesn't matter to me in the slightest, but from a fairness of competition point of view there should be some due diligence or attempt at creating fairness 

Perhaps they are auditing the scans and checking cameras to ensure fairness if deemed necessary. My rides yesterday still haven't credited so possibly there is some manual intervention. 

7 hours ago, joz said:

To me 'this outsourced shit kind of evil' is a significantly better point than 'this outsourced shit should let you buy fright night tickets first even though they still haven't sold out'

The point is more they advertised it as a feature to a product (and was fairly simple to fulfil) missed it, and then edited the website. 

1807782739_ScreenShot2023-09-01at6_32_34am.thumb.png.824d18fe8ca6cfebeed3883ab8a3a564.png

Worth noting too the terms for the Levi quest state it stared on the 18th of July.... this would suggest possibly it took a bit longer to get running than initially anticipated.

Out of curiosity I wonder how much is outsourced, we know VRTP was attempting to hire a NFT expert and the platform itself is obviously built upon BlockTrust.

10 hours ago, joz said:

Here's the thing, and I think this will be a controversial take; Leviathan has performed well since opening. The downtime it has had has been  fairly minimal, one of the lowest in the park, and the queue generally hasn't been stupidly long. I think throughput in the 200s is stupidly low, even for Sea World, but all things considered it more often than not is pretty close to demand.

This got me interested in going back and looking at the data. I don't have throughput data, but I do have statuses and wait times. The data I have is not 100% accurate because I'm relying on what their system feeds, but it does provide a good overview for how things are going. 

Out of the 17 attractions that VRTP update statuses for, since February between 10AM and 5PM, Leviathan is the 6th most unreliable attraction across property. I got this by comparing the rate at which the ride reported itself as being down and closed versus open. 

image.thumb.png.54c2ce0b9141b5a0b6cf3cc7454a8888.png

A big problem seems to be that it often opens late. Here's a breakdown of the likelihood that it'll be open for each 15 minute interval after opening:

image.png.d7ba71abf393c0f42d66ae62660f95da.png

By around 11:30 things seem to become pretty stable, but 27% chance of it being open by 10:16 is pretty low. I do agree that Leviathan does the job for Sea World, but it definitely still seems to have some teething issues.

Here's some bonus stats for those interested. This is the status breakdown of the main coasters between 11 AM and 4PM February across property:

image.thumb.png.6a523fcd0526a8f363d209444f91e3ef.png 

Since February it seems that Village coasters have spent an hour down for every two hours operating. Here is also the average wait by month. Leviathan is easily one of Village's most popular attractions. 

image.thumb.png.d63f620e975500a8200df308bb3497d6.png

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, joz said:

Question about those stats, are maintenance periods removed or no? 

Maintenance periods aren't factored in for all attractions. It'd be interesting to see how they compare because Superman has had a lot more scheduled maintenance than Leviathan yet they balance out to around the same average daily reliability. 

I haven't been to Sea World since it launched, but I had an Egg in my "collection" somehow and was able to hatch it.

Screenshot_20230901_112712_Gallery.thumb.jpg.1dce88e60d09ca0e36621bbe25af3bfd.jpg

and this monstrosity was the result. It's just a still 2D image, no animations, sounds or anything

Screenshot_20230901_112445_Gallery.thumb.jpg.7afff8828ec4daf55a6575f8645135e6.jpg

These seem to do nothing

Screenshot_20230901_112734_Gallery.thumb.jpg.1f861c5af6dbf2aac8e3656a9ea5d9b2.jpg

Leaderboard for riding Leviathan

Screenshot_20230901_113002_Chrome.thumb.jpg.34cf2689685190a04720f347a6bf6d1c.jpg

That's it.

firefox_Tgrqcdm2rk.thumb.png.f8a8df6ecbe8973cc1fa6d93ac6d8f0c.png

Edited by Ogre

On 01/09/2023 at 10:38 PM, Ogre said:

I haven't been to Sea World since it launched, but I had an Egg in my "collection" somehow and was able to hatch it.

"In a testament to their loyalty, Village Key holders have been chosen to be the first Leviathan Keepers. Every Villager shall be blessed with the arrival of an Egg, airdropped into their Village Key account."

On 03/09/2023 at 4:37 PM, jjuttup said:

Because theres a prize for the high score.

Each ride/scan gives an entry, so not necessarily those that have ridden the most will win (although more likely). Also worth noting the terms have been updated to state a new end date.

1348146891_ScreenShot2023-09-04at9_16_17pm.thumb.png.0e6529566ad808c4e943476e5e809584.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, REGIE said:

New benefits airdropped” 

sounds like a boomer trying to be “with the times” 

Which is fine in this case, ‘cause they’re the exact demographic to go for, as they’re the only group of people inept enough to buy into this obvious quick-buck NFT bullshittery. Like, even with these ‘new perks’, you’re getting the useless opportunity to purchase tickets (at no discount) 1 singular day early, to an event that won’t have any day sell out for at least another couple weeks, plus a nerfed version of the discount Dreamworld already bundles in with their passes. Apart from that, it’s just a rug pull like the rest of ‘em. You try build a community with ‘special Key holder-only streams’ & that, to make holders feel like their useless JPEG’s are special at an absolute minimum additional cost on your behalf. Then, once you’ve got the money you wanted from the endeavour, you dip ASAP, leave customers in the dust, and sink all the money into Doomsday’s 57th ‘unscheduled maintenance’ of the year, just to deliver inferior products in the future ‘cause you’re strapped for cash yet again. And the only people stupid enough to fall for it, are those who see their Facebook ads & ‘techy’ buzzwords and buy into their ‘future of thrills’ jargon, no questions asked. AKA, “boomers trying to be with the times”.

Edited by Tricoart

The only people I know who purchased the key are significantly younger than me, and I am younger than a 'boomer' (who by the way are people currently in their 60s).

The key appears to be an absolute failure. It has slow uptake, and its clear the benefits have been pretty much forgotten about. I reckon they make more money from their TikTok subscribers given the effort they've put into that.

This could have been a really cool VIP membership program for the park's greatest fans and instead - yep - nerfed.

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I reckon they make more money from their TikTok subscribers given the effort they've put into that.

100% forgot that the streams aren’t linked to the Key, cause it’s just the exact same thing they were trying to do with the Key, except isolated to TikTok & without the idiotic premise.

• 4 months later...
On 06/12/2022 at 11:30 AM, Park Addict 93 said:

Village Key has been added to the main website (and ticketing page )

Village Key is no longer advertised on ThemeParks.com.au (although currently the direct link still works) and the limited in park advertising at Village Bean and New Atlantis has been removed.

VillageKey.com.au no longer always you to buy or register, only existing members can sign in so I'm fairly sure the program is dead.

On 05/12/2022 at 4:49 PM, joz said:

To be honest the rest of it is where I REALLY lose interest. I'll spend $250 on f&b before the whole thing is quietly disbanded in 4 years.

Doesn't appear to be even lasting 4 years, I have got my $25 worth when you include the free churro and choc top that was offered.

I noticed when utilising the 10% off generally staff would not be selecting the Village Key option on the register so if they were bothering to track it they wouldn't be even getting accurate stats.

On 05/12/2022 at 4:48 PM, Tricoart said:

Technically, if this phase chart is to be believed, the 'in-park benefits' are a part of 'Phase 2'. Unless it's different in-park benefits, ofc
1282102808_Screenshot(53).thumb.png.e1d7188fd53b0f722e4235e365206ca2.png

Whilst the FAQ still refer to future plans the "phases" advertising has all been removed.

On 13/07/2023 at 12:15 PM, REGIE said:

Yes but it would be very annoying and a major rip off if they discontinued a payed extra before it really gave any benefit’s.  Imagine paying $25 only to learn you got completely ripped off and you got nothing.  Then everyone would be complaining about that.  It’s good they have stuck with it so far. Only other option would be refund everyone or offer a free backwards ride or something if it was to be discontinued.

Will be interesting to see how long until the program is completely closed, they could probably keep the existing platform/10% discount voucher running without much outlay but I honestly would rather they just close it and offer a backwards ride/something to fully close the program out.

We all called it as a program that was poorly executed. It's a shame, it could have been so much more than it was. 

At least they didn't try to keep it on life support and shut it down. the 20 people who bought one will no doubt get their money's worth before it is closed off completely though.