Sea World Carnivale 2023

themagician

Yeah I think old movieworld was better quality but no body is coming out from other countries to see what it had to offer. Because you wouldn’t be able to see what it had until you were at the park . Though I do miss when MW, SW and DW all felt super unique from each other. They have all kinda morphed into similar experiences in some ways.  Once WoO is in. movieworld basically has no space left. I wonder what is going to happen then. Either years and years till anything gets added or something will get the axe

Edited by REGIE
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TBoy said:

Something that can be noted is that Movie World was "good enough" to inspire other parks to make attractions similar to the ones here. For example:

• Gremlins Adventure was also made at Movie Park Germany
  • Main Street at Movie Park Germany is based off Main Street here
  • Looney Tunes River Ride was recreated at Movie Park Germany
  • Batman Adventure The Ride was recreated at Movie Park Germany/Parque Warner Madrid
  • Police Academy Stunt Show was recreated at Six Flags Magic Mountain/Movie Park Germany/Parque Warner Madrid
  • Wild Wild West was recreated as Rio Bravo at Parque Warner Madrid
  • Movie Park Germany/Parque Warner Madrid were originally named Warner Bros. Movie World

So other parks around the world must have taken note of us. Yes I know they don't now but it shows how we can be spotted on the international map, even know not as much as Disney/Universal. 

That's only because the development of Movie World and these other parks you mention were all linked due to earlier affiliations, not so much because of being 'inspired'

Went to Carnivale on the weekend. 

Pros:

• New Atlantis at night is gorgeous. Seriously lucky to have this in the country.
  • Atmosphere is great with vibrant lights and music.
  • Ride waits are pretty decent early on.
  • They don't put you into the cattle pen before the event anymore which is nice and if you've got a wristband you can stay in the park and ride the attractions between park close and the event opening.
  • Still great that you get it for free with your season pass.
  • Drinks weren't outrageously priced and there was a great selection.
  • Families are the real winners for this event. Everything being open alongside the additional entertainment and atmosphere makes a great night out.

Cons:

• The food selection is extremely slim and nowhere near as good as previous years. The food options are also very expensive for a paid event which disincentivises trying multiple things.
  • Trident is a lemon no matter the time of day.

Notes:

• Aquacolour is fine as a spectacle but has some major pacing issues. It would benefit from slowing down at some points instead of just going 0 to 100 in the first sequence and then never slowing down.
  • VQ was a bit wishy washy. A lot of staff mentioned that VQ was completely down and wouldn't be used for the event despite that not being the case. 
  • Levi was running single train ops. For a special paid event that's a bit lacklustre.
  • For a sold out event it wasn't overwhelmingly busy.

Overall it's a great night out with friends and family and something worthwhile doing if you're in the area. It is starting to feel a little tired though and I'd love to see more emphasis on the food and drink selection in the future.

• Like 3

@Guest 239 Very very similar thoughts to yours above. Such a great family event this year. And the park looks gorgeous at night - especially the New Atlantis land. Got a night ride on Leviathan, with fireworks from Aquacolour, which was just *chefs kiss*.

14 minutes ago, Guest 239 said:

VQ was a bit wishy washy. A lot of staff mentioned that VQ was completely down and wouldn't be used for the event despite that not being the case. 

I had this exact issue. VQ was not working for me (no matter how many times I signed in and out, restarted my phone, killed the app manually/cleared cache/opened app again). So I went to the new fast photo booth at Dockside Tavern to ask for help. All three staff members at the counter told me with no hesitation that VQ was NOT available/working for this Saturday's Carnivale event. I knew this was a lie, and an attempt to get rid of me, as most of my friends' VQs were working on the night. I didn't bother pressing the issue further.

Icing on the cake was as I left the counter, one of the workers turned to the other 2 and exclaimed "Gees, the park is on fire tonight!" in a sarcastic tone. 🙃 classic vrtp customer service

17 minutes ago, Guest 239 said:

It is starting to feel a little tired though and I'd love to see more emphasis on the food and drink selection in the future.

I thought so too.  I wasn't going to go this year because it looked the same as every other year but ended up going just to experience the New Atlantis at night.  The show on the water was my least favourite of all shows I've seen and if felt like a bit a mess to be honest.  I ended up grabbing some food on the way home as the food was 👎  Carnival felt like SW gave it a free pass this year because of New Atlantis.  SW did great with the New Atlantis at night, it's just a shame you can only experience it once a year.

• Like 1

On 05/02/2023 at 1:23 PM, TBoy said:

Something that can be noted is that Movie World was "good enough" to inspire other parks to make attractions similar to the ones here.  

Almost every example you've given is from a time when Warner were invested in the parks. of course the parks all owned by the same mob, had the same attractions (Disney anyone?) because the R&D costs for one can be spread across all the parks you own, reducing the cost of the new attrraction.

I wasn't aware SFMM had a PASS? I visited SFMM in 1996 and don't recall it being there - quick google doesn't show up anything either - got a source for this?

(SFMM has had Looney Tunes for some time so the WB link isn't unusual, I just don't recall PASS being part of it)

4 hours ago, Guest 239 said:

Pros:

• New Atlantis at night is gorgeous. Seriously lucky to have this in the country.

100%

I also got an opportunity to ride Leviathan mid-fireworks and my just-tall-enough-to-ride kiddo now has a new favourite coaster #ThoosieParentingDoneRight

• Like 1