Predictions for 2023

themagician

4 hours ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

Maybe notFB_IMG_1673089079907.thumb.jpg.ac8b4bd5b89dbe1d07268091f157e433.jpg

Highly doubt it. Who even supports these 30+ year old monorail rides, when the people who built them no longer exist? Who would build a whole set of new rolling stock, which aren’t exactly the cheapest things to buy?

Unless work is seen happening by an eagle eyed observer (which would be a complete bombshell for me) I’d say the monorail is good as gone.

Edited by Baconjack

4 hours ago, Baconjack said:

Highly doubt it. Who even supports these 30+ year old monorail rides, when the people who built them no longer exist?

A simple read of the wikipedia page for Von Roll gives this

"The Mk II and Mk III monorail automated people mover (APM) systems were installed in a variety of locations before the technology was sold to Adtranz (later Bombardier),[14] which continues to supply the parts for the monorail systems."

7 hours ago, REGIE said:

Who built SWs fleet? This company? If the monorail reopens it will be the oldest operating ride on the Gold Coast? Since Vintage cars are basically being replaced with non vintage, vintage cars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_World_Monorail_System

Rolling stock 3 × 9-car Von Roll Holding Mark II

As as side note, that page contradicts its self about the number of trains demolished and also has personal opinions listed as fact, so not the greatest page.

If I was to make a guess as to what’s really going on with the monorail, I would say that Sea World fully intended to reopen it as soon as the construction of The New Atlantis was completed (as originally stated by the park). However, during the massive delays in construction, the monorail system degraded to a point where it became unusable and/or unsafe due to a lack of upkeep and the park has suddenly realized it will cost an awful lot to reactivate as a result. I’d say VRTP want to get it going again, but are finding it hard to justify given the costs, hence why it’s now seemingly in a limbo state. 

4 hours ago, REGIE said:

It would be great if gumbuya added a resort . A nice low fleshed out one with pools and a cheaper side too. Just stay there a few nights and do all the vic parks

You're better off staying in/near the Melbourne CBD if you were coming down to do all 4 major themeparks/waterparks. 

image.thumb.png.c5e11a07ff0af6b4e6bbddd9b14149d1.png

I know that’s what I thought! That’s why it’s number one on my bucket list yet I know for a fact I will probably do every other coaster in Australia first due to Perth being so hard to get to. Does the credit at green valley farm count? The home made single rail shuttle coaster?

Edited by REGIE

11 hours ago, Noxegon said:

Presumably you've got plans to visit Murmansk for the most northerly coaster too?

Prior to Russias current warmongering, somewhere like Murmansk I'd have found fascinating to visit.

I know for a fact I will probably do every other coaster in Australia first due to Perth being so hard to get to. 

It's not too bad, its a couple of extra hours on the plane compared to if you flew to the GC. Just keep an eye out for cheap flights, I've gone there for $300 return.

Edited by Gazza

On 10/1/2023 at 7:33 AM, REGIE said:

It would be great if gumbuya added a resort . A nice low fleshed out one with pools and a cheaper side too. Just stay there a few nights and do all the vic parks

They’ve pretty much confirmed that they will be building one as it’s part of their master plan. There was a lot of talk about it during the media coverage of the two new coasters. 

On 10/01/2023 at 7:33 AM, REGIE said:

It would be great if gumbuya added a resort

8 hours ago, Noll_57 said:

They’ve pretty much confirmed that they will be building one as it’s part of their master plan. There was a lot of talk about it during the media coverage of the two new coasters. 

Yes it is Gumbuya who I am predicting will add a resort.

• The Herald Sun has reported they are working to establish accommodation
  • They have lots of room
  • Good place on the highway
  • No hotels basically in-between Melbourne and Tralagon
  • Perfect timing with the 2026 Commonwealth Games

I am thinking it will be separately priced, with a big 300-400 room resort. Comparing it with the Sea World Resort and Hotel V, my guess is it will be more like the former due to height restrictions. Rooms that face the forest will most likely be more costly.

11 minutes ago, REGIE said:

I am going to add one more prediction. That dreamworld announce or continue to hint about a possible hotel.  And the plans for the hotel Village out side movieworld will be canceled or just not end up happening..

I’m fairly certain Dreamworld has shelved plans for a hotel now in at least the medium term.

villages plans are certainly forging ahead and on back of its value to their C&E endeavours, I have no doubt it will go ahead