VRTP's New Uniform

4 hours ago, STRAWS said:

hopefully ride operations are a bit faster now though.

We can only hope.

4 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Doing that type of physical labour in summer, wearing multiple layers is not conducive to heat stress management. And a ride specific polo =\= a ride specific costume.

SE/Scooby/Levi load platforms are indoors and airconditioned. Rivals has huge ass fans and is covered.

That's not a thing. Nobody ever said 'Warner Brothers Sea World' or 'Warner Brothers Wet and Wild'. 

There used to be the single colour button up cotton shirts at WnW and MW that had "Warner Village Theme Parks" embroided on them, so maybe thats what they were recalling?

That was the same era as sea world having the white polos with blue collars.

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 1

I miss the Superman uniforms, they were honestly very comfortable. Never knew Scooby to have its own uniform though. It was always the "Day uniform". Every ride had its own uniform back then, except for Scooby and WBK / Dodgems. 

If you had to be moved to a ride that had a costume, and you were in another uniform or the day uniform you could only work in positions back of house (such as high zone or lift on Scooby) or to be an observer for a guest with disabilities. Otherwise you had to go to wardrobe and get a change of shirt. The Wild West Falls uniform shirts were so nice and cool, perfect for the summer months. The Batwing one was by far the worst though, all black in summer... NOPE.

Real shame they are getting rid of them though :(

5 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

SE/Scooby/Levi load platforms are indoors and airconditioned. Rivals has huge ass fans and is covered.

It doesn't matter. No HSR is going to sign off on a layered uniform requirement for ops. 

Superman's unload is fully exposed, Leviathan opens at both ends and the smoke effect shows the heat flow into the station (plus those screens will also generate heat), Rivals having cover doesn't keep out the temperature. If its a 35+ day, its still 35 in the station. its just a windy 35.

NO. No. no. nO. NO.

9 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

SE/Scooby/Levi load platforms are indoors and airconditioned. Rivals has huge ass fans and is covered

Definitely would help but you would still get hot.  When you’re moving around a lot air con doesn’t feel like it does much.  And storms queue is hot as hell.

That's properly shit if the unique uniforms for Superman and West are gone. The others literally don't matter. Not sure who needs to hear this, but a generic polo that says 'Storm Coaster' or 'Green Lantern' is not a themed uniform.

I'll also say, I've HATED the teal trimmed shirts for a long time, along with the dark navy shorts. Worst uniform by a mile, so while i still despise the Generic branding, I much prefer the plain black with the bright shorts. The old black on black looks like something that only a cleaner or a warehouse person should have worn, and the teal didn't really add anything. If the trim was in other colours, and it was park/department specific it could work, but not a fan of just the teal for everyone. Plain black is significantly better for my taste. Still not what I'd go with, but I prefer it.

As for non park branding, welcome aboard the bandwagon! I've been driving this thing since about 2010.

• Like 1

Movie World considers themself as a theme park but the current focus involving the uniform and allow for degrading theming is like there transforming into an amusement park even when that isn't there focus when the effort for it stops it downgrades the experience Especially for enthusiasts like us. 

23 minutes ago, Gobbledok said:

Id be surprised 

That company never throws out anything 

Yeah, and they also let decommissioned rides and areas standing for ages then do a quiet removal for example Arkham not only did they close it without telling anyone, but they let is stand for over a year which isn't a good look.

29 minutes ago, STRAWS said:

Movie World considers themself as a theme park but the current focus involving the uniform and allow for degrading theming is like there transforming into an amusement park even when that isn't there focus when the effort for it stops it downgrades the experience Especially for enthusiasts like us. 

The experience is the same downgrade for everyone. 

But in case you missed it - I don't think the current focus really cares about being a theme park:

On 02/05/2023 at 2:11 PM, red dragin said:

Wasn't the new owner an investment company? 

If that's true, these are expenditure cuts to increase profits (probably explains the poor appearance of the park too) 

53 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

The experience is the same downgrade for everyone. 

But in case you missed it - I don't think the current focus really cares about being a theme park:

Except for the part they are spending millions on re-theming Scooby when they could have just fixed the problems with the ride or the part where MW could have just installed kids' coasters without theming up a whole new precinct.   

Village tightening their belt during a cost-of-living crisis, isn't a bad thing.  

1 hour ago, New display name said:

Except for the part they are spending millions on re-theming Scooby when they could have just fixed the problems with the ride or the part where MW could have just installed kids' coasters without theming up a whole new precinct.  

Village tightening their belt during a cost-of-living crisis, isn't a bad thing.  

All excellent points. But improvements to attractions that will show a better valuation on auction day is easily understood. Improvements to (or maintaining) theme, which aren't essential to the tangible bottom line valuation aren't a fair comparison. They see it as 'trimming the fat' by reducing uniform expenses. We see it as a loss of theme, of magic and immersion. These aren't really things that they can write down as numbers on a balance sheet. It's shortsighted, but we never really expected them to be in it for the long game, did we?

If WOO land opens with generic cast uniforms, then themeing the land will have been relatively pointless. If it opens with themed uniforms, then why did they remove the others?

41 minutes ago, New display name said:

You think the ride running at half capacity was fine?

Not at all. It's good they're taking steps to fix it. But we've no idea what the actual issues are, so its hard to speculate what they're doing and whether thats an enhancement for 'magic's sake' or whether its another valuation decision, if the ride was actually broken in some way that would impact their ability to sell. (I do realise this is a completely separate question responding to Dean's suggestion to leave it as is, but it's still a question on investment).

Nevertheless - delaying the refurb for scoob was absolutely out of the question.

19 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

Rivals is probably running at 25% capacity

Well shit, if only they had a turnstile, everything would be fine!

20 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

If WOO land opens with generic cast uniforms, then themeing the land will have been relatively pointless. If it opens with themed uniforms, then why did they remove the others?

You're in too deep if you are judging everything based on a uniform.   The first expense any family will drop is a trip to a theme park if the budget is super tight.  I'm fine with a theme park making a few changes to keep them operating or helping with the bottom line in tough times. 

20 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

But we've no idea what the actual issues are,

I 100% know what the issues are and why it had to shut down.  Speculating is for the ducks.

Even if you want to be a duck and speculate you have been around long enough to know MW isn't shutting down Scooby without major problems.  

Edited by New display name

2 minutes ago, New display name said:

I'm fine with a theme park making a few changes to keep them operating or helping with the bottom line in tough times. 

To be clear, I understand why the bean counters have made the decision. Disney is making a number of austerity measures also. Everyone is feeling it. It's still short sighted.

3 minutes ago, New display name said:

I 100% know what the issues are and why it had to shut down.  Speculating is for the ducks.

Even if you want to be a duck and speculate you have been around long enough to know MW isn't shutting down Scooby without major problems.  

To quote Tom Cruise - it doesn't matter what you know, it matters what you can prove. And you're not saying anything which means it's not information available to the public, and therefore, speculation will be king.

The writing is on the wall for anyone who can read it, yes. My implication was that because they are actually doing it now, it's clear its a major impact to their valuation - ie - they have to fix it before they sell it or it won't be worth what it should be worth.

By that method of deduction, the problems with the attraction seem very serious indeed.

But "we" (collectively and generally) still don't know what the actual issues are, which is why I said that.

1 minute ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

To be clear, I understand why the bean counters have made the decision. Disney is making a number of austerity measures also. Everyone is feeling it. It's still short sighted.

Where else can Village save money?  You want Village to start sacking people or pull a DW and not maintain their rides? //s

4 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

To quote Tom Cruise - it doesn't matter what you know, it matters what you can prove. And you're not saying anything which means it's not information available to the public, and therefore, speculation will be king.

Tom Cruise is a dick.

6 minutes ago, New display name said:

pull a DW and not maintain their rides?

If we're gonna dredge up history - then they could just close the ride for 'annual maintenance' and let it sit there for several years before finally demolishing it unceremoniously.

But I know you're not suggesting Dreamworld's current operations aren't up to the legislatively required standards, so I won't infer that's why the Monorail is closed.

So let's not dredge up history.

8 minutes ago, New display name said:

Where else can Village save money?

• Rides can operate cyclically - this saves on running costs and staffing costs
  • Shut down shows on quiet days to reduce costs for staffing and consumables
  • Reduce the number of S&E cast for special events like Hooray and Heroes
  • Reduce the number of scare actors in mazes and precincts - half the frights are anticipating the scare, so who cares if they come less often?
  • Don't pump litres of fog juice across the M1 during fright nights
  • Cut the snow machines from main street

What's that? these would all be a poor impact on the overall guest experience?

Yes.

I agree.