The Flash: Speed Force coming to Movie World

Guest Moderator

1 hour ago, New display name said:

What would be the point of replacing the surfboard if you're not replacing the cart?

That was what I thought, but the installed bases for the seats look identical to those used on the old Surfrider train, at least to my understanding. If it does turn out to be the case that they slap on the old seats instead of getting updated lap bars, Movie World really is floundering hard.

Edited by Tricoart

1 hour ago, Dean Barnett said:

Why would you test it without the seats on?!

They are probably testing or monitoring the bearing system of the spinning seat structure while it's moving dynamically. Or they could be monitoring any aspect of the ride that may be too hard to reach when the seats are installed. Mack first tested their new Voltron coaster, with blocks of steel weights instead of seats, before they tested fully assembled trains with seats. So this type of testing is a common practise.

Edited by WalleyWorld
  • Like 1

I've noticed they seem to have dropped that tagline from their latest marketing for the ride - maybe they realised how ridiculous it sounded.

The post says "sky high" and "behind the scenes" and includes video taken from the crane lifting the board into place. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to guess we will see more of the same content shown in the teaser - putting the ride together and testing. Footage from the crane, maybe a drone and some other positions? a time lapse would be cool if they have it too. 

And yes, I know. Its Surfrider and its a relocation... big whoop, right??? But think about it - if they're going this hard on media for a relocated, rethemed ride - what the fuck do they have in-store for when Oz is nearing completion.... 

Now that's exciting.

Screenshot for those who don't use socials...

image.thumb.png.ac3cccfccaf0dacce004e1891b16af42.png

• Like 1

It’s great to finally see Village marketing actually doing updates like this. It’s like they’ve released how much hype it creates for the competition down the road and want to get in on the action.

But you’re right @DaptoFunlandGuy if this is a taste of what’s to come for WoO, that’s very exciting. Hopefully they were switched on quick enough so they were able to capture content of the coasters installations.

20 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

what the fuck do they have in-store for when Oz is nearing completion.... 

A full-on thematic ad campaign (vids & stills, like Levi/New Atlantis), most likely.  But more construction-related stuff (like the tour video they released before the coasters went vertical) would be cool.

Edited by Tricoart

5 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

But think about it - if they're going this hard on media for a relocated, rethemed ride - what the fuck do they have in-store for when Oz is nearing completion.... 

Now that's exciting.

we can hope. Or maybe they are just typing this to the max because they realise how uninspiring it is - so they need to create hype rather than it coming naturally 

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

maybe they are just typing this to the max

Jim Carrey Typing GIFs | Tenor

I'll be honest, it isn't just Flash. I've noticed a shift in their social media interactions. The responses seem less canned, more genuinely engaging. It's early days yet, but if this change persists I think it's the start of a positive change to their media and marketing.

Whatever they've changed I hope they keep it up.

It's a hype piece. it shows it coming together. the music is energetic and exciting. 'someone of note' in the case of Movie World would probably mean sticking either Clark or Bikash in front of the camera. neither of which conjures 'energy' or 'excitement'. Let the ride speak for itself.

I personally would have wanted to show it in full speed operation rather than just the pull-through, but kudos to the crew for doing that in the bloody rain.

I've no real interest in the ride itself, but I want to praise this effort simply because i'd like to see them continue in this vein in the future.

• Like 1

I disagree. The comment on the FB post should also be in the video. Give their most charismatic/pretty engineer or ride op a tiny bit of media/presentation training to present that info. It's pretty critical to the video and a large percentage of the population are scrolling through feeds to watch not read (sad state of society, I'm old ect ect blah blah but point stands)

Edit: pretty being camera friendly and used here as gender neutral

Edited by Naazon

36 minutes ago, Naazon said:

a large percentage of the population are scrolling through feeds to watch not read

A large percentage of the population are scrolling through feeds on mute, so don't hear the audio and live captioning takes over, sometimes with amusing mis-interpretations. So your talking head is being transcribed anyway.

Might as well just caption it with your descriptions of each scene. I like the clean image, though. Didn't even realise there was a text description to go with the video, and didn't miss it when I viewed it.

Pico has done some really nice work lately - the splash pad at Dreamworld was all theirs I believe. They've delivered some pretty big projects for some pretty big players and generally done it justice. I'm excited to see what they bring but anything nerfed or not in line with the concepts will likely be due to village pinching pennies. If Pico has the budget given to them, I think it'll be pretty exciting.

• Like 1