Why do village not offer a unlimited fast track pass at any of their parks?

REGIE

Why do village not offer a unlimited fast track pass at any of their parks?  Most parks that offer a similar pass have a more expensive unlimited option available too. But why does movieworld and seaworld not have this?  Did they ever have it?  I just find it very strange.

They did used to have it. And had it for several years. I believe it was around $200 at Movie World. The issue they had was the normal queue times would increase greatly because the fast track queue was getting too long. They probably could’ve sold less and charged more, but they went for removing it entirely (which I don’t think is a bad thing)

2 hours ago, themagician said:

which I don’t think is a bad thing)

Yeah I definitely don’t think it’s a bad thing, and I wouldn’t be one to buy unlimited fast track if it was available.  I was just curious.

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Village parks don't have the capacity to spread that sort of load. a small group of people with an unlimited wristband can essentially marathon the park's signature attraction and grind everything to a halt.

Good point.

That’s pretty interesting!  I like the Tiered concept.  Interested how it would work. It says “reduce you wait 50% on the regular queue wait”  does that mean you still line up in the same queue or do they just let you on after half the suspected queue time is up? I wonder how they monitor and manage it.  It sounds like it almost works how virtual queue is supposed to work but half the call back time?  (Hopefully this would actually work.  VQ hasn’t worked for me yet even when I go to the park help center). Very interesting. I am excited to see where it goes. 

47 minutes ago, REGIE said:

It sounds like it almost works how virtual queue is supposed to work but half the call back time?  (Hopefully this would actually work.  VQ hasn’t worked for me yet even when I go to the park help center). Very interesting. I am excited to see where it goes. 

I believe you’re correct, they will probably be using the same system as Six Flags, where you can use a queue device (like the ones used for Dreamworld’s Q4U before switching to mobile) or your mobile phone to book reservations for rides (which is much more likely), and when it is available your device or mobile will notify you. Those queue devices always reminded me of quick-service food buzzers. 

Like @Park Addict 93stated, the tier system is very similar to The Flash Pass at Six Flags. I’ve had some great success with VQ, especially last December during high crowds, where I was able to get on DC Rivals three times using the free VQ, and the regular queue was up to 2-3 hours almost all day!

I am super excited to hopefully be able to experience the unlimited fast pass again, it was a great way to spoil ourselves when heading to the Gold Coast. The compulsory one-shot fast pass system feels like more of a rip off. Although the price will be a little more than doubling for Gold tier, being able to get as many rides in as we can makes it seem much more better value than $80 for 1 ride on the best rides. I remember getting on DC Rivals more than 15 times with unlimited.

IMG_1840.jpeg

Edited by Gtmichaels
Grammar

19 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Village parks don't have the capacity to spread that sort of load. a small group of people with an unlimited wristband can essentially marathon the park's signature attraction and grind everything to a halt. 

They have the capacity theoretically -but operationally you're right. 

10 hours ago, REGIE said:

That’s pretty interesting!  I like the Tiered concept.  Interested how it would work. It says “reduce you wait 50% on the regular queue wait”

Dreamworlds former fast track system, Q4U used to be a tiered system and you would pay to cut the wait time in half, 75% or 95%. But post 2016 I believe is when they scraped the system. Now days, they have a tiered system in the way of single ride, five rides or unlimited rides

IMG_6724.jpeg

11 minutes ago, REGIE said:

Just a question, how does VQ work currently on superman escape? Cause you’re not aloud to bring a phone in the queue. How do they check.

You have your phone or FT wristband scanned and are given a VQ physical card that is collected by the attendant at sort/load.

Considering it’s loaded/those screenshots are from the app I doubt they would use the old physical Accesso devices like Dreamworld used to.

1 hour ago, Park Addict 93 said:

Worth mentioning MW have now listed FT for sale online for the next few months (outside of School Holidays) $79.99 rather than the $149.99 that has been during school holidays lately.

And it seems Doomsday and Scooby have been removed, reducing the rides counted to 5.

• 1 month later...

Fast Track for the School Holiday period is now available online $179 now. No more wristbands, they have specified you must use the app.

With the discontinuation of VQ and the "testing" that I posted above in this thread it wouldn't surprise me if they plan to launch these new options then.

Screen Shot 2023-09-01 at 6.12.12 am.png

Edited by Park Addict 93

On 01/09/2023 at 6:13 AM, Park Addict 93 said:

No more wristbands, they have specified you must use the app.

This is good though. I mentioned on a recent trip to SW that they took down additional details about a kid's height wristband such as name, age and physical description, as apparently parents were swapping the wristbands onto other kids. 

I'm sure fasttrack wristband abuse was just as lucrative a scam, so forcing the app means it's less likely open for abuse (and gives the park much greater metrics over usage to get the price point right too)

On 03/09/2023 at 9:01 PM, Dean Barnett said:

I know you guys hate comparing - but the most expensive skip queue that I can think of is Rise of the Resistance ... at Walt Disney World at $USD25 or .. $AUD38. 

That was just the peak though.. it's usually $AUD31.

Its not we hate comparisons, its more that the comparisons need to take all the factors in. On the surface just by giving the price, that seems like a great deal, but factor in the throughput of Disney (the entire park) vs Aussie parks and suddenly you can see Disney can offer a lot more fast passes, so to sell all of them they have a slightly lower price point. MW on the other hand has slower operations and can only offer less passes, so the are able to increase the price, making them more money while still meeting demand.

Not saying I like the concept or anything, just business really. Comparisons are great, but don't cherry pick small facts to suit your story. Show the whole picture or its worthless.

10 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I'm sure fasttrack wristband abuse was just as lucrative a scam, so forcing the app means it's less likely open for abuse (and gives the park much greater metrics over usage to get the price point right too)

The most recent FT wristbands were individual QR codes and verified so metrics were still available.

I see the opposite a QR code on a phone is much easier to share with different individuals than a wristband that should be securely fastened/unable to be removed.