Fright Nights 2023

TBoy

My curiosity now though with Circursed and DCeased announced, we have 1 in house and 1 IP maze (2 of each including returning mazes).  DCeased was the main maze teased in the original release, so do people think we will get another in house or IP maze?

Both 2019 and 2021 had 3 IP and 2 in house so I would think they might continue this trend, but now that we have no clues until the next teaser, what could it be or what are you hoping for?

So we have 3 in house mazes.  Wonder what happened to end up without a real headliner this year.  Don't get me wrong the mazes look interesting, but none that really stand out as if you could only do one maze which would it be.  Especially considering the price hike 😕

I’d glad they’re not focusing on IP Mazes, while some of my favourite ever mazes at the event are IP based, in more recent years I’ve thought the non-IP mazes have been better. I still think having 2 IP mazes is a must (which is what we’ve got this year), but having 3 in house mazes is great and should mean we get overall better mazes because there’s extra funds.

• Like 3

I’m glad they’re taking a risk with leaning more towards the non-IP mazes as they have been some of the best they have produced in recent years, i just hope they can pull it off well.

I’m going to assume DCeased is meant to be the headlining maze for the year, however im curious on the maze locations. Even though DCeased is being made out to be the headliner, will it have the old IT location or will Circurse, as the facade fits the theme and the surrounding precinct is the typical Clown area. I could see them maybe putting both mazes in that building, having Conjuring and Death Row share the same shed then having Hellship have it’s own shed.

1 hour ago, Park Addict 93 said:

Looks like they plan on selling individual maze One Shot’s this is from the app this morning.

Doesn't surprise me. All VRTP properties are segmented in their backend system to allow for the sale of each attraction individually as an addon but they're usually disabled. The data is very basic at the moment which suggests somebody started the work but stopped midway through and forgot to disable them. 

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Key Holder: $20 one off payment

Tik Tok: Ongoing monthly revenue stream with a literall butt-ton more subscribers and ergo much more revenue.

I know where i'm going to try and encourage my followers to spend their money.

As a business model, hells yes it is the smarter move.  Just more evidence they can't follow through on anything

Tickets have been on sale for a month now, and still no nights have sold out. With another price increase this year, have they pushed it to far? The website says tickets are selling fast, but in previous years, several nights would have already sold out with only 3 weeks to go until the first night.

IMG_7498.jpeg

10 hours ago, themagician said:

in previous years, several nights would have already sold out with only 3 weeks to go until the first night.

Yeah that sounds about right for previous years. It wouldn't be hard to go back through prior year threads here to find when the sold out dates started appearing in the discussion to nail down those facts, but it does sound right that they'd have nights sold out, and be putting on extra nights by now-ish.

Perhaps they have priced it up too much - or perhaps this price point is finally getting it right so that they can make a decent profit without cramming the park full - which would make it far more enjoyable for those who did cough up the dough.

• Like 1

Are the Panic Rooms at Fright Nights worth it? Can't find much details on them online from anyone, has anyone who has attended Fright Nights in the past and gone to these able to provide me with some details on them? Are there scare actors in any of them? Are the rooms detailed and high quality like the photo's or are they just sort of cheap and middling? 

Just wanting to know if any will be worth doing on the night. Also, what do the "bonus rooms" consist of? Are they exclusive and scary or are they also sort of just there and uninspired? Have no idea what to expect as this will be the first Fright Nights I attend with my partner since 2014 Fright Nights. 

(Whatever happened with the Terror Tour? I saw those in previous years and wished I was up in Queensland as I thought it was Movie World's version of what Universal Studios does for HHN.)

Interesting, the underground package has dropped off the ticket offerings and been replaced by a $75 cover charge to get into the Underground Club. I don't know if the package sold out or they withdrew it due to lack of sales (if so, not many people will get access to the special rooms).

Underground.PNG

Edited by downunder
correction

I'd say it sold out, as the original package was ultimate underground and this is just entry to the club, for a pretty steep upcharge. 

Fright nights is a licence to print money for MW. Always has been. Although originally included in annual passes, it was the first 'night event' stripped out of the annual pass offering, and continues to be. Just take a look at the membership saga earlier this year, which was the last pass to include it.

Maybe it's just because it's not the sort of thing I would attend, but I am surpised the Underground Club sold out that fast. Maybe because Fast Track is included, but for the price their charging, I didn't think it would be a popular ticketing option. Cudos to the park. They are proving that they can (almost) charge and offer what they want at Fright Nights and people will pay.

I considered the Underground Package, but I didn't think it was good value; and I'm not really into clubbing. I am surprised the package sold out. I imagine as it's the only way to get to the special rooms in three houses it would have been attractive that way too. I don't know anyone personally who went for it.