Vortex should replace Doomsday

joz

Vortex should be moved to Movie World to replace Doomsday. Vortex's location at Sea World should be used instead for a Ferris wheel for scenic views of the dolphin pools, ski lake, as well as providing a visual weenie for guests entering the park.

To further this, SW has no need of 140cm filler, and Trident even if worked would not provide enough capacity for the family crowd. A thrill ride next to dolphin pools, while not cruel, is not a good 'look'

Doomsday is MW's biscuit, and needs to go. Vortex could actually add needed capacity that is unused at SW.

Comment, and tell me I'm wrong. I dare you.

You're wrong. 

A Huss Topspin is a crap ride that is uncomfortable and provides no thrills.  It doesn't belong at either park.

Sea World should have brought back a classic Pirate Ship and added an Intamin Coaster Wheel (which provides both mild and wild gondolas)

Movie World should get a Mondial Avalanche which looks crazy but is fairly tame.  Something for people that want moderate thrills.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, wikiverse said:

You're wrong

Sea World should have

Oh I didn't realise we had access to a time machine here as part of my own hypothetical. Cheers man 🍻

32 minutes ago, wikiverse said:

Sea World should have ... added an Intamin Coaster Wheel

Lol incorrect.

Also if you have access to a time machine in your hypothetical. Would you not get something other than a twin hammer for Movie World from the start? Like it's a time machine, you can do anything.

Edited by joz

unpopular opinion, but i don’t mind Vortex being at Sea World. yeah it wasn’t the smartest idea, but for what it is i think it looks good in its location and at least for my age group it’s a good filler ride.

however, it is unreliable, so i don’t think you should replace an unreliable ride with an unreliable ride (even if Vortex isn’t as bad as Doomsday, it still goes down quiet a bit.)

I think a ride like Tundra Twister at Canada’s Wonderland would be a great Doomsday replacement, it’s a big, bold and unique flat ride for Australia, seems like it’s reliable and would pull in some good crowds. I think a Super Air Race should replace Vortex (even if it’s similar to Serpent Slayer), you could have soft and hard style to appear to a wider audience, they’re reliable, they look amazing, besides that i’m not too sure what would be a good replacement that won’t look awkward in that plot of land.

11 minutes ago, Rivals said:

however, it is unreliable, so i don’t think you should replace an unreliable ride with an unreliable ride (even if Vortex isn’t as bad as Doomsday, it still goes down quiet a bit.)

This right here.Definitely think Doomsday should be scrapped and wouldn't mind it in theory moving to MW especially if they have it running with a better cycle. 

But reliability wise in my experience it's closed more often than it's operating.

An S&S Screamin' Swing would have been a better fit for that spot than Vortex.

Doomsday should be replaced, I'm not sure Vortex is the right fit for that area. Maybe a Zamperla NebulaZ would work well? In any case the Villains precinct is overdue for some love, all those broken effects are pretty sad.

• Like 1

Here's the thing about Vortex's downtime; very little of it is mechanical. The factors that contribute to it being closed are less likely to be a factor at MW. Mechanically, its quite sound.

The Demand at SW for a ride like that isn't there. It should be removed and be replaced with a wheel even if you threw it in the bin.

Since the hardware is fine though, It should go to MW to replace Doomsday.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, aaronm said:

An S&S Screamin' Swing would have been a better fit for that spot than Vortex.

Doomsday should be replaced, I'm not sure Vortex is the right fit for that area. Maybe a Zamperla NebulaZ would work well? In any case the Villains precinct is overdue for some love, all those broken effects are pretty sad.

I was going to say this!! I've always thought a Screamin' Swing would be perfect for this spot. A really fun popular ride, and it would swing out over the water on both sides. Not many places in the world where this style of  ride is more perfectly suited for. Plus you could give the columns some nice Atlantean theming 

4 hours ago, joz said:

Here's the thing about Vortex's downtime; very little of it is mechanical. The factors that contribute to it being closed are less likely to be a factor at MW. Mechanically, its quite sound.

The Demand at SW for a ride like that isn't there. It should be removed and be replaced with a wheel even if you threw it in the bin.

Since the hardware is fine though, It should go to MW to replace Doomsday.

Can we at least have it run a halfway decent cycle if it goes to Movie World? Or would it run a horrible cycle "due to guest feedback" lmao. 

Mechanically it's not a bad ride, and it's proven that it can run a decent cycle (other top spins like Talocan for example show this). Honestly, the Sea World Eye was iconic at the park and looked amazing from the Broadwater and I'd love to see something like this back. Trident... don't even get me started on that lemon. Should have gone with a Funtime model, not some crappy SBF version that runs like a dogs breakfast. I'd love to see the actual ride cycle be a bit faster to provide a bit more of a thrill than what it currently runs.

But I guess, go with a cheap manufacturer... you get what you get. SBF is the new Zamperla I guess, they make cheap but decent smaller rides but their bigger rides are a potato. At least Zamperla seems to have picked up their game and really made a name for themselves. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/8/2023 at 11:36 PM, wikiverse said:

You're wrong. 

A Huss Topspin is a crap ride that is uncomfortable and provides no thrills.  It doesn't belong at either park.

Clearly you haven’t ridden a legit HUSS Top Spin…. The original travelling models in Germany and the Top Spin Fresh in France are some of the greatest machines ever built. 

Having ridden Talocan a few times and the travelling models, it’s safe to say that they’re outstanding rides. 

Fight me on it. I don’t care. 

Oh, I'm sure they have the potential to be decent machines... just like the Break Dance ride that Luna Park Sydney had. But they just seem to run them on potato cycles at most theme parks (not just in Australia). It's almost like the theme parks are scared to run the rides at the potential that they can which is a real shame.