Beetlejuice is returning to Movie World

themagician

From what i've heard Betelgeuse as a character is only returning for the Hooray event, probably cashing in on \ promoting the new film.

I do hope they get a gravelly older guy to play the character. Keaton was in his late thirties when the first film was made, and he's in his 70's now. A young adult just wouldn't play the same, IMO. I also hope they stay true to the character and let him go with innuendo \ not be too PC.

Not sure they could, but if they were going to reopen show-stage as a stage venue, something akin to Rockin Graveyard Review would be a winner.

2 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Not sure they could, but if they were going to reopen show-stage as a stage venue, something akin to Rockin Graveyard Review would be a winner.

This was my immediate thought as well. An indoor stage show would be a welcome addition to the park, particularly while Scooby Doo is out of action for an extended period and Oz is still mostly dirt. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2023 at 6:37 PM, Ash said:

Imagine another take on the gremlins ride, that would be wicked. One thing all parks lack. Story driven rides. Rip Bermuda Triangle 

I think that style of ride would be great,  similar system and well themed.  But I don’t know if the gremlins theme has much relevance anymore. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

*cough* Wizard of Oz.

Kids still know WoO, it’s got much more staying power than Gremlins does. And, though it isn’t a massive ‘trend’ right now, I’d be rather surprised if a modern tie-in movie releasing more-or-less alongside the themed land, especially one that’s starring Ariana Grande, doesn’t change that.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

*cough* Wizard of Oz.

considering two Wicked movies are coming out between now and the end of 2025, both starring Ariana Grande, the land will basically be getting free promotion. even if you haven’t seen the movie, you know about it, and it calls out to so many generations that will want to see their childhoood come to life. Wizard of Oz was a very smart choice.

Wicked (the books and musical) whilst quite amazing in its own right, is only very loosely linked to the Wizard of Oz movie, being through the witches. No Dorothy, scarecrow, Kansas, toto etc. 

there really won’t be much at all to tie in. It’s almost an alternate series of events to what most people know of Oz (being the reference point of the Garland movie).

On 2/12/2023 at 11:45 AM, Brad2912 said:

Wicked (the books and musical) whilst quite amazing in its own right, is only very loosely linked to the Wizard of Oz movie, being through the witches. No Dorothy, scarecrow, Kansas, toto etc. 

there really won’t be much at all to tie in. It’s almost an alternate series of events to what most people know of Oz (being the reference point of the Garland movie).

While the focus in Wicked is on the witches, pretty much all of those things you mention above are actually in the musical. Example, Fiero becomes the Scarecrow, so you definitely can't say he's not in it!

I'm old enough to remember when this thread was about Beetlejuice. 

It makes sense to bring him back.  There is a new Beetlejuice movie coming out in 2024, directed by Tim Burton and written by Gough & Miller who did Wednesday (which was the biggest series on a streaming service, ever).  There's a great team behind it and it should be one of the biggest movies of the year.

Speaking of big movies coming out in 2024, WB and Village Roadshow own the rights to Mad Max. It's absolutely time to update Hollywood Stunt Driver - particularly given the success of the new Mad Max movies in Asia.  The stunts could remain almost the same, just update the cars, set, & story.

Also, Dune is a WB movie. If you're going to do a story based dark ride, possibly trackless, possibly with simulator elements, that seems like a better experience than WoO where the story will largely be featured in the new area already.

1 hour ago, wikiverse said:

Also, Dune is a WB movie. If you're going to do a story based dark ride, possibly trackless, possibly with simulator elements, that seems like a better experience than WoO where the story will largely be featured in the new area already.

Is this meaning that you’d have preferred a Dune themed dark ride over WoO, or that you’re expecting a post-WoO dark ride that’s themed to Dune?

1 hour ago, wikiverse said:

It's absolutely time to update Hollywood Stunt Driver - particularly given the success of the new Mad Max movies in Asia.  The stunts could remain almost the same, just update the cars, set, & story.

Yeah, it’s really gotta change, Mad Max tie-in or not. Hopefully with new stunts/effects, though, or at least bringing back some of the cut ones from HSD1.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tricoart said:

Is this meaning that you’d have preferred a Dune themed dark ride over WoO, or that you’re expecting a post-WoO dark ride that’s themed to Dune?

I'm happy with WoO getting it's own land with 3 coasters and hopefully a flat down the line. A dark ride would have been great, but I think having 3 coasters that bridge the gap between kids rides and adult rides is the right way to go.

A Dune themed dark ride at some point in the future would be great.  I have zero expectation that it will happen, but it has a lot of potential, particularly given that ride technology has come a long way since Gremlins and Justice League. Great story, Great visuals.

In my opinion MW need to return to being Movie world and have more rides/attractions/shows themed to movies, rather than 'lands' themed to a single IP.

I think even some temporary attractions to tie into current movies like Beetlejuice will really help the park revive that 'movie magic' vibe that it opened with.