Speculations of MW's new ride

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OH MY GOD. first off - wiki pedia is a community contributed site. I could contribute something to it stating that Wonderland was set to reopen on the former site of Sydney Harbour. It doesnt mean its true. Space Probe is a Giant Drop attraction, not a space shot. I believe (Correct me if I am wrong) that the mechanics of it are somewhat different. As a side note - Probe was pretty tall, and would have matched GD in DW if it were not for the flight plan over sydney (WLS actually bought 4 tower sections, but due to the fact it was already on the hill, AND directly under the flight path, they only constructed 3 sections of the tower, with the fourth forever rotting in one of the graveyards.) I think it needs to be said (it may have been already but I haven't had a chance to read ALL of this thread) that this is not MW's attempt and copying ToT\GD. This is a completely new attraction, with a completely new type of thrill never felt before. If MW learn from SE, and theme it well, then there is gold in them thar turnstiles.....

Nah Space probe was a little over HALF the height of GD so still a way from matching it even with another 1/3 on top of it's height again. If Movie World 'were' to get a Space Shot it would be nothing like Probe. And it's nothing like GD as it's a launch up, not a freefall down. I don't think MW would be silly enough to get a small version of the tower, I'd say they would more than likely get the max 200foot tall version if they went that way... (<- read into that what you like java script:emoticon(';)',%20'smid_14') ) As for telling secrets, many managers may talk about rumours but few ever actualy know what the ride is, who makes it, what model, height specs and so forth. There is also a BIG difference in telling someone in person and posting it IN WRITING on an internet site. If I was to run into a member of this board in person I may very well mention something about the ride, but at the same time I may not and there is no way Park Mgmt would know one way or the other. Post it in writing and they have it right there in front of them.

OH MY GOD. first off - wiki pedia is a community contributed site. I could contribute something to it stating that Wonderland was set to reopen on the former site of Sydney Harbour. It doesnt mean its true. Space Probe is a Giant Drop attraction, not a space shot. I believe (Correct me if I am wrong) that the mechanics of it are somewhat different. As a side note - Probe was pretty tall, and would have matched GD in DW if it were not for the flight plan over sydney (WLS actually bought 4 tower sections, but due to the fact it was already on the hill, AND directly under the flight path, they only constructed 3 sections of the tower, with the fourth forever rotting in one of the graveyards.) I think it needs to be said (it may have been already but I haven't had a chance to read ALL of this thread) that this is not MW's attempt and copying ToT\GD. This is a completely new attraction, with a completely new type of thrill never felt before. If MW learn from SE, and theme it well, then there is gold in them thar turnstiles.....
As a forth note: What a crock! Where do you get your info? Space Probe NEVER had another section maufactured just laying around in any of the boneyards. If another section was added to Space Probe it would have grown by 11 metres, not even going close to GD. 3 sections of tower?, well unless someone was playing a trick on me by adding another 3 sections everyday before I climbed it then I never worked there. In fact there were 5 11 metre sections on top of the base section which was about 6 metres underground and 5 above the ground, hence the first internal landing only a short climb from the bottom then you were faced with 5 11 metre arm stretchers. As a side note: S&S Power who make Space Shot towers have two types, the one which propels upwards from the base and another which propels downwards from the top. Maybe MW are looking at the down propelled version?

someone mentioned alot of containers at the site next to SME. does any one have any pics of potential site works or parts that might have been delivered?
Are there even any containers there? Or is it all speculations because someone said that like 4 months ago.

Are there even any containers there? Or is it all speculations because someone said that like 4 months ago.
its not speculation, if u visit movie world any time soon u will notice that to the right of the bat man 2 ride entrace (the old movie magic que rails ) area is now being pulled down to make way for the new ride.its been said that movie world was waiting for all containers, equiptment etc to arrive before starting any errection of the ride site, therefor makin the errection of the ride alot faster. well i'll let u's all visit movie world and see the progress ya selves, just wanted to clear that up

Nah, its the one to the right of the batman entrance on that "wall" (to the left of the fountain of fame when viewed from the entrance), i think its used for something because when i was there a lot of japanese tourists were lined up, isnt it the waiting area for paradise country or something?
Isn't that where the Musical Review thingy is? (where Bugs, Daffy, Tazz, Tweety etc come out and dance around on stage for awhile) or did they get rid of that ages ago?