Warner Bros. Movie World Park Update

MW socials have put out an announcement with a heap of new "updates"

I appreciate the level of transparency from the park, another great step forward.

As we’re currently going through #movieworldaus’ BIGGEST transformation to date we wanted to give you an insight into the EXCITING new experiences on their way along with a host of enhancements to your favourite attractions!
🌈 The WORLD’S FIRST Wizard of Oz precinct set to transport you to the Land of Oz with 2 family friendly rollercoasters, plus immersive theming!
⚡The Flash: Speed Force, opening soon!
🎮 A new Arcade Centre located within the WB Kids precinct!
🎢 Superman Escape to receive a refurbishment of the queuing area and the removal of the lockers system!
🎢 DC Rivals HyperCoaster is currently undergoing its scheduled maintenance and set to receive a refresh with painting the tracks in the iconic Fuchsia!
🦸‍♂️🦹‍♂️ The return of the family-favourite annual event, DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains these June/July holidays.
🎬 We will continue to share updates and behind-the-scenes content as we progress with all these exciting transformations!

Switching the discussion from the specific statements about some of the new information that’s going on in their respective threads, is Super Heroes & Super Villains even that much of an event? Iirc, all it did was add/change a parade (which I don’t pay attention to, but I know already includes some Heroes & Villains in its’ base setup anyway due to having walked past it a lot), everything else about the park seemed to be the exact same.

Edited by Tricoart

5 minutes ago, STRAWS said:

Is this the part where we are meant to accept that all these ride closure's are ok and if we argue with you then to start saying we are Village haters. its bs MW is a shit hole at the moment and your off your head if you think its acceptable to run a theme park in its current state. 

Sorry, did you not see the part about it being #movieworldaus’s BIGGEST transformation to date? (They’re transitioning from the best theme park in the region to a barely passable amusement park).

• Like 1

Heres the thing at this point what do you actually want them to do

These projects are already happening so not like tomorrow they can just go stuff it and open everything 

All we can hope for is this is a one time thing and once all this new stuff gets sorted they dont end up like this again

Bitching about it like every single day seems like a waste of energy at this time its just shit and thats obvious but kinda is what it is at this point

If its still in this messed up state in 12 months then its worth starting on about it again

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gobbledok said:

Heres the thing at this point what do you actually want them to do

These projects are already happening so not like tomorrow they can just go stuff it and open everything 

All we can hope for is this is a one time thing and once all this new stuff gets sorted they dont end up like this again

Bitching about it like every single day seems like a waste of energy at this time its just shit and thats obvious but kinda is what it is at this point

If its still in this messed up state in 12 months then its worth starting on about it again

It was messed up 12 months ago too.  So thanks for giving us the green light.  After every hoildays, MW seem to give the customers the middle finger.

Just now, New display name said:

Guests don't like going to theme parks to go on rides

Tell me about it

my son just asked to go this afternoon, I brought up the maintenance schedule (strangely not opening on the app so you have to go on the website) 

Only rides beyond toddler ones open are Road Runner, GL and JL.

he says “you can’t count JL as everything in it is always broken, what is wrong is movie world these days”. 

From an 11 year old who is also fed up haha 

• Love it! 1

3 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Tell me about it

my son just asked to go this afternoon, I brought up the maintenance schedule (strangely not opening on the app so you have to go on the website) 

Only rides beyond toddler ones open are Road Runner, GL and JL.

he says “you can’t count JL as everything in it is always broken, what is wrong is movie world these days”. 

From an 11 year old who is also fed up haha 

He is not wrong about JL lmfao I really hope Movie World fix theses issues I miss the magic it use to have. 

Edited by STRAWS

6 hours ago, New display name said:

It was messed up 12 months ago too.  So thanks for giving us the green light.  After every hoildays, MW seem to give the customers the middle finger.

Such a stupid comment
Thats not what I said at all we know whats currently happening with all of these things so again what do you want them to do today and if the answer is nothing why keep having the same complaint every day

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gobbledok said:

Such a stupid comment
Thats not what I said at all we know whats currently happening with all of these things so again what do you want them to do today and if the answer is nothing why keep having the same complaint every day

I strongly disagree @New display namePerfectly hit the mark on How bad Movie World is at the moment. This didn't start yesterday it started over a year ago so why do you defend them it bogles the mind🤨 .

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gobbledok said:

Such a stupid comment

I'm spot on.  You know, I know  MW knows, rides break down.  Why put yourself in the position if you know the outcome?  It happened last year, it happened this year and I'm taking bets it will happen next year.   You have lost your way of being a guest 

4 hours ago, STRAWS said:

He is not wrong about JL lmfao I really hope Movie World fix theses issues I miss the magic it use to have. 

They just spent $2 million refurbishing it didn't they? Including bringing Sally back in?

8 minutes ago, GoGoBoy said:

They just spent $2 million refurbishing it didn't they? Including bringing Sally back in?

They did refurbish it last year I think but doubt they spent 2 million on it if they did they were scammed. I don't know what you mean about bringing sally back in is that a joke of some sort or ?

They definitely did some form of refurb and Sally were involved…
All of the projectors were replaced and the whole gaming system was upgraded. 

Not sure of the impact on day to day operations thought, I haven’t ridden it in quite some time and this is just forth hand knowledge. 

14 hours ago, New display name said:

I'm spot on.  You know, I know  MW knows, rides break down.  Why put yourself in the position if you know the outcome?  It happened last year, it happened this year and I'm taking bets it will happen next year.   You have lost your way of being a guest 

Im not defending anything that closed rides sign would be hilarious if it wasnt so damn sad

The current state of play is awful I know exactly how it would be as a guest which is why I havent been to the park in a while and have told family and friends not to bother

What I said though is why post the same complaint about it on here every day its a waste of energy and boring to read

Unless you have some quick fix tomorrow solution then of course we just need to wait it out so why go on and on and on about it constantly 

• Like 1

Unless you have some quick fix tomorrow solution then of course we just need to wait it out so why go on and on and on about it constantly 

If you have less than half the park open, with presumably less than half the operating costs (ride wear and tear and staff) - either charge half price or offer a free return within the next 12 months. 

• Like 4

On 04/05/2024 at 6:39 PM, Gobbledok said:

Such a stupid comment

I mean, the reason for some of the closures is different - things have been closed to facilitate construction, but to say this wasn't the state of the park is quite foolish, when you know full well these forums documented it every single time and it wouldn't take long to go back through the threads and find enough info to prove that.

Also, it's not the same complaint every day.

First, it was - wow, that looks pretty bad

Then, it was - why aren't they doing anything about it?

Then, it was - what could they do about it?

Now it's - one group cries about how unfair we're being on the park, and don't we know all these things are being done for us? while the rest of us call bullshit and point out the very obvious alternatives they could have followed (that were already mentioned back at step 3) that wouldn't have shown absolute contempt for us as guests.

Of course its the state of the park and its crappy and annoying and we all hope they sort it out

To be clear I wasnt saying we should be nicer to the park or defending 600 closed rides

I was saying thats its boring and annoying to keep coming on here only to read the same complaint over and over again when its not like its a new thing

I think that whole contempt of guests phrase that people throw around on here is laying it on a bit thick though I highly doubt some exec team sit around a marble board table and have meetings on how they can screw guests this week I just think they screw up a lot and end up in these bad situations somehow

40 minutes ago, Gobbledok said:

I was saying thats its boring and annoying to keep coming on here only to read the same complaint over and over again when its not like its a new thing

And I just pointed out that it wasn't the same complaint every day.

41 minutes ago, Gobbledok said:

I just think they screw up a lot and end up in these bad situations somehow

These people are in the C-suite. If you're saying that it is more likely that they are incompetent, (as much as I'd like to think they are too) unfortunately you're just very naive. 

44 minutes ago, Gobbledok said:

I highly doubt some exec team sit around a marble board table

I mean, I'd love nothing more than to slap an image from one of their social media profiles on here in a farcical example of them doing just that, but it wouldn't be realistic, nor would it be fair to them. Unfortunately we don't see them walking the parks, interacting with regular guests and showing that they care about the very poor experiences their guests are having.

The park is no doubt doing what they do best - quietly slinging free tickets at people who have complained, but that doesn't fix their image problem. And in the absence of some of the C suite coming out and explaining things, we are left to draw our own imaginative and wild conclusions. Contempt is the very least of it.

A few years ago, Dreamworld was in a very similar situation, and the CEO sent out an email to all passholders to explain why things were the way they are, what they were doing to make sure it never happened again, and issued every passholder a free ticket to an after hours event that was normally an extra charge. 

They didn't have to do that. but they did. And even though we couldn't go to the after hours event, I personally appreciated the gesture. I was far less pissed off with the state of the park because they had made an effort to make it right. 

Meanwhile at village:

Radio Silence.

• Like 1

I highly doubt some exec team sit around a marble board table and have meetings on how they can screw guests this week I just think they screw up a lot and end up in these bad situations somehow

Neither of these are what occur, now that they’re majority owned by private equity. 9.9 times out of 10, all private equity wants is short-term profit, and therefore the common result of a company becoming private equity is cost-cutting & getting as much people buying as much as possible, more often than not at the expense of things such as general upkeep, customer service, and (in this case) ride reliability & cohesive ‘lands’ (why have a Superman area when we’ve got 2 plots of land nearby, ripe for IP? Why have a somewhat cohesive DC section, when black asphalt & a road sign works well enough, and there’s space elsewhere to shoehorn more DC IP into?). So it’s not park execs sitting around a marble table, nor is it a series of ‘whoopsies’. The private equity wants as much revenue from the park as possible before they flip it/it goes under, and what’s left of a park management team is accommodating that. Similar things happen in a lot of industries, I think not too long ago there was similarly anti-consumer/private equity conversation about retirement homes in the United States. And, though not the same, there’s also the Boeing story (they merged with McDonnell Douglas & allowed it’s management to overtake their own, so not exactly a private equity swooping in & trying to flip them, but it’s caused a similar outcome).

Edited by Tricoart

28 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

but that doesn't fix their image problem

And long term that’s going to be their biggest issue. If you read through comments on their page and fan pages, so many people are warning people to not go, it’s a waste of money and/or they had a horrible experience. But also, there are people asking which park they should visit or if it’s worth going to MW right now and most people are saying don’t bother, go to Dreamworld. 

It used to be the other way round and it’s taken years for DW to recover, but they are starting to show signs of consistently good crowd numbers and positive customer feedback. 

I think MW (probably Village in general) got to comfortable and thought they had the best product (which they did for a while), but they became to reliant on that idea and their beloved attractions (Scooby, WWF, Superman and Rivals). People remember those rides the most and they’re the ones people want to ride the most, but when they’re all closed for maintenance at the same time, people see the park as almost having nothing to do and that it’s a waste of time when they can’t ride they’re favourites. 

DW got rid of all of their fan favourites and they paid the price for it. But now people aren’t necessarily going back because they have the best rides, but because people have a better time and there’s a lot more to do.

• Like 2