Lethal Weapon truely LETHAL!

Winger

What should they do with the Lethal Weapon ride?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What should they do with the Lethal Weapon ride?

• Keep the ride running
    • Scrap the ride
    • Keep the ride but make some repairs to make it smoother!
    • Build a new ride where it is

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive found your exact seating position and just how tight the harness comes down makes a huge difference, not only on how much you get banged about, but also how smooth the ride really is. I found that when supported properly you dont really have too many problems at all, sure it does have a few jolts and change of directions, but its nothing that should really injure you. Because of a bit of trial and error, i really do believe that a lot of the problems people have with the ride can simply be put down to an issue of seating and sitting/fitting correctly. You could ride the ride 3 times in a row and get a totally different experience just depending on how well you are supported and your position. I found it even varies a little between seats, so if its rougher than expected, id suggest giving it a try again while sitting in a different part of the ride before ditching it. I for one love it, i actually manage to keep my head pretty still and free from being beat up, but then i started my love affair with thrill rides when i can remember the whole experience was pretty rough.

Edited by Mad Hatter

It comes down to this, it shouldn't matter if the restraints come down tight enough or not tight enough, the ride should be enjoyable without the neck jarring jolts. My harness was always one click out on the inverters in the states and guess what... there was no pain. Like Richard said, its simply train design. Poor design, rough ride. A good example of this would be X until they redesigned the trains.

Edited by mickey_079

Well, I rode this yesterday (red train) and it confirmed my thoughts on the ride. I tried a few of the methods people have suggested, sticking your head out to the front, wedging into a corner etc and I found it simply impossible to avoid ear bashing. I mean, I don't really mind my whole body being shaken..it happens on woodies and its all part of the fun, but the issue is that every time you hit the side of your head all of the force is directed through a vulnerable part of your body, the ears, and it is only concerntrated on that point. Your body shaking doesn't hurt, but hitting your ears does, and that is where I draw the line. I dont really buy the whole "man it up" thing..rides are meant to be fun, and hitting your head isn't fun. There is no doubt I would enjoy it more if it were smooth, Vekoma SLCs do have a good layout that is well paced but the discomfort of riding spoils that, so for that reason I believe the B&M product is far superior (And the majority who have experienced both would agree with me on that) Thing is, for some people, yes, the roughness does provide a thrill, but if you take that away there are other aspects of the experience that 'step up' for you to notice, so the overall experience would not be detracted, quite the opposite.Take Superman, its smooth and people rave about it for its airtime, if it didn't have this smoothness you wouldn't be able to appreciate the forces that had been engineered into it as well.

^Not quite, that was just a trial from memory, So far only the Great Nor'Easter at Moreys Piers has a confirmed order for the new seat design. I think Kumali at Flamingoland is the only SLC with the new chassis design. Both improvements have reportedly improved comfort on their respective rides.

Edited by Gazza

I honestly don't think I would enjoy the ride as much if it was super smooth.
You been on Tatsu? Tatsu is damn smooth and hey I like it, if a ride is smooth its just great. You get to concentrate on the ride, not pain, I know I would rather enjoy the pretzel loop then get shaken around. And who said no one is man enough to ride it? Most people on the forum have ridden Lethal Weapon more than once, we all agree its a great ride, but you just have to endure to much pain on your ears.

Im 6'2 so I have never experienced the infamous 'ear bashing'. I feel sorry for you all :lol: No mickey, haven't ridden Tatsu yet, although I am visiting SFMM in September. I'll give you my opinion on it then. I do like smooth rides too, I just think the roughness suits the savage layout of Lethal. I mean look at it - with the twisted grey track, its a dark and ominous looking ride. Smoothness just wouldn't suit it. Maybe my opinion would be different if I was a foot shorter...

I just think the roughness suits the savage layout of Lethal. I mean look at it - with the twisted grey track, its a dark and ominous looking ride. Smoothness just wouldn't suit it.
Then what about Katun at Mirabiliandia? That is a dark coloured ride (and arguably more ominous looking than LW...it's 50m tall!) but at the same time it is also a very smooth ride. p10617.jpgSource http://www.rcdb.com/m/ig764.htm?picture=25 Edited by Gazza

• 3 months later...

After reading a report on what the new trains are like on the Great Nor' Easter I really do hope that MW might consider doing the upgrade. Upgrading older rides is hardly unreasonable given they have done it at WnW. It just seems like a really smart thing for them to do, not only does it improve the ride, but it would get people to stay in the park longer since LW would become much more reridable for the majority. Reportedly, the upgrade cost $1.2 Mil USD which I think is worth it.

Edited by Gazza

I think its something Movieworld really need to consider, it would be almost like bringing a new coaster to the park if people can ride it and it be smooth and not get bashed on it. This year especially with no apparent new ride opening it would be a great addition. Time it with the roof completion and Stunt driver opening and advertise it with a bit of an out with the old in with the new feel.

I actually really love the LW now, first time I rode it a few years ago, I hated it. It left me with a headache, and I felt a tad of nausea. Went a couple a months ago, and loved it. I prepared myself for the worst, and made sure I was pressing myself back into the seat. Sure, my head still got banged around a bit, but it was so much better than the first time riding it.