Loonytunes Construction/Demolition

saberon

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: The new WB Kids store is almost ready. The one where the Five and Dyme use to be. Looking through the window there are a whole stack of Mattel boxes full of Superman figures so I am not sure what to expect the store to be stocked with. One of the roller doors was open for the Intencity area, and you could get a peak inside. It looked really good, but didn't get any photos because I was trying to be sort of stealth... haha. Still no idea what the new western structure is going to be used for.

The all-new Kids’ WB! Fun Zone is set to open late September! The transformation of LOONEY TUNES Village is currently in its final stages of completion and the all-new Kids’ WB! Fun Zone will open in time for the September/October school holidays – Brave the ROAD RUNNER Rollercoaster or search for that wascally wabbit - BUGS BUNNY in the LOONEY TUNES River Ride, then board the YOSEMITE SAM'S Railroad and blast off on MARVIN THE MARTIAN'S Rocket Ride. The all-new Kids’ WB! Fun Zone will also be launching two fantastic new LOONEY TUNES rides these school holidays! So, for your chance to be one of the first people to experience the new rides in the all-new Kids’ WB! Fun Zone; don’t forget to visit Warner Bros. Movie World during the September/October school holidays

What sort of things did you see inside apart from these alleged bumper cars?
Sorry to sound kind of boring, but you could see quite a few gaming machines naturally. It is fairly dark though, with the lights of the games machines, etc being the primary lighting for the area. It isn't an overly large area and not a great deal of attractions from what I saw, but they aren't finished yet.

Hey, so from now on the hole area is going to be named "Kids' WB Fun Zone", with a new sign and everything! SHOCK :o !! I liked the sign into that area of the park it was really creative, now we are going to see one of those crummy arched signs saying "Kids WB' Fun Zone". I don't like the Fun Zone bit, it really makes it seem really corny! :angry: Why coudn't it say something like "Kids' WB Movie Studios". It would fit in perfectly, as the Looney Tunes ride is sort of based around a movie studio and all the attractions are based on the cartoons made by Warner Bros. Oh well, you can't change it now. Try and take some pics while I'm up there. Going TOMORROW!! CoAsTeRbOy8

Edited by Coaster Boy 8

So I was at Movieworld today, and here's a bit of an update. Loony Tunes (now KidsWB)

• Loony Tunes River Ride has had a bit of an update. Theres improved animatronics in there, still some bad ones, but the one of Bugs hanging above the crocodiles mouth looks pretty new to me.
  • There is now a kid's style bumper cars equivalent up beside the rocket ride. If it previously existed, my apologies for not knowing about it.
  • The splash down area has reduced in size. The reduction is to make way for the merry-go-round being installed. It appears to be one of the swinging chair types, with canvas cover across the roof, like you would see at a typical carnival or town show. There was a white turban-shaped "attachment" with lights on it. I would guess this fits on top.
  • The concrete was being painted. As I entered the river ride a section was roped off and was being painted green. As I exited the river ride the area was fine to walk on again.
  • New fences are being installed for something. They are brightly coloured and feature curvy rails.
Midway Games
  • The new area being created at the corner of the Wild West area is in fact a midway games style area. I saw a barrel toss, the game where you squirt water at a target and your prize runs toward the top and one where you shoot the moving targets. I counted spaces for a total of 6 games of this style
  • Intencity @ MovieWorld is now open. It features the games you would regularly find at an Intencity/TimeZone, however, some were quite obviously second hand equipment.
  • The new dodgems area was behind a black wall, however the queue line and entry gates are visible inside the Intencity building

Lethal Weapon

• All walkways to Lethal Weapon were closed. It made for a long walk from Scooby Doo to Superman (grrr)
  • It appears Lethal Weapon has had a coat of paint. The first ride of Superman I had I noticed a cherry picker up doing work on the chain lift track.
  • Those same cherry pickers were parked inside the walkway sections from what I could see through the gaps before I left

Took a couple of photos for you all. No guarantees on quality, it was bright and it's only my 2 megapixel Nokia 6280.

post-224-1190287228_thumb.jpg

post-224-1190287242_thumb.jpg

post-224-1190287254_thumb.jpg

post-224-1190287280_thumb.jpg

post-224-1190287318_thumb.jpg

post-224-1190287356_thumb.jpg

post-224-1190287370_thumb.jpg

post-224-1190287390_thumb.jpg

Edited by ads086

Hey thanks for the update and pictures. The Tassie's Kids Bumber cars have been there for quite a while now. I wonder what the other children's ride is being installed? The Merry-go-round type of ride looks rather on the cheap side at the moment but I'm sure they will gloss it up as they always do

There is now a kid's style bumper cars equivalent up beside the rocket ride. If it previously existed, my apologies for not knowing about it. The splash down area has reduced in size. The reduction is to make way for the merry-go-round Midway Games The new area being created at the corner of the Wild West area is in fact a midway games style area. I saw a barrel toss, the game where you squirt water at a target and your prize runs toward the top and one where you shoot the moving targets. I counted spaces for a total of 6 games of this style Intencity @ MovieWorld is now open. It features the games you would regularly find at an Intencity/TimeZone, however, some were quite obviously second hand equipment. The new dodgems area was behind a black wall, however the queue line and entry gates are visible inside the Intencity building Took a couple of photos for you all. No guarantees on quality, it was bright and it's only my 2 megapixel Nokia 6280.
The kids Taz Bumper Cars have always been there ;) The splash zone has actually not change size at all the new looney tunes carousel is actually on the site where The Bugs Toys retail shop once stood thats why there is a new WB kids store at the old Daffy's Shop. Make sure you visit this brand new shop its fanatisic. Kids WB is Warner Bros. new Australian Kids TV show that runs on Saturday mornings for 2hr 30mins on channel 9 and reintroduces kids of this generation to the Looney Tunes also the show has interview segments including your truely who was interview a couple of months back. The new sign in the kids area actually says "WB KIDS" there is no fun zone quote at all. Western area The new Intencity is going off it is so busy and has some great Air Con ;) Intencity has actually been with the park since it 1st open in the western area late 2003 and has always had movieworld workers, I should know I was the 1st person to work there. I cant wait to ride the bumper cars they came from Italy and should be open by monday.

wow, that second picture is reminding me of the ride at seaworld where you pull yourself up and you fall, a small giant drop for kids if you will. Im going to movieworld tomorrow, can't wait to see the changes, i might have to go on the river ride and see the updates i they are in there, i always have had a thing where i have to go on the river ride everytime i go to movieworld. Can't wait.

wow, that second picture is reminding me of the ride at seaworld where you pull yourself up and you fall, a small giant drop for kids if you will. Im going to movieworld tomorrow, can't wait to see the changes, i might have to go on the river ride and see the updates i they are in there, i always have had a thing where i have to go on the river ride everytime i go to movieworld. Can't wait.
It looks like the shock drop type ride that's at Luna Park Melbourne. Edited by dreamworld_rulz

^I dont think the carousel is done yet, have a look at the first pic, up the back (below the guy with welding goggles on) you can see a panel with an oval shaped mirror on it, very typical of what goes around the centre of a carousel. I cant imagine it looking like a washing line for much longer.

This kids tower (a hopper if you will) I believe has been slated for Movie World for some time, was supposed to happen last year if I remember correctly. It's funny, from what I have been told, it was originally going to be named/ facaded with Scooby Doo theme.
Funny, I would have given it a batman theme and put it beside its big brother if it were going to be put anywhere other than WB kids zone. That said they have the right idea with what they are doing now. Edit: Random, but I just noticed you can see batwing and this in the same pic. Edited by Gazza

Hey just got back from movieworld and here are some update photos. The carosual is up and running but the tower is not. I asked around, the person i asked called it the bunny hopper and will work like the bat swing, just for kids. Dogems should be up next week and the mid way games are planned to open on tuesday. Here are the photos i took of the loony tunes area today. sorry about quality, they were taken on my mobile.

post-1968-1190441886_thumb.jpg

post-1968-1190442173_thumb.jpg

post-1968-1190442223_thumb.jpg

post-1968-1190442250_thumb.jpg

post-1968-1190442268_thumb.jpg

post-1968-1190442291_thumb.jpg

post-1968-1190442314_thumb.jpg

post-1968-1190442354_thumb.jpg

post-1968-1190442368_thumb.jpg

post-1968-1190442396_thumb.jpg

post-1968-1190442410_thumb.jpg