mickey_079

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just went to the Royal Easter Show a couple of weeks ago. Good as always, but I'm somewhat disappointed with the selection of rides. Most of rides were good, but what happened to the Rainbow? That Ali Baba ride doesn't have the same kind of thrill intensity as the Rainbow. I hope they didn't scrap it because of that Rainbow accident in Sweden last year. It's really ridiculous. Those Swedes should double their maintenance on their rides if you ask me! :( I was even psyched to try out the Chaos and Claw this year. I saw the Chaos and Claw last year, but I didn't get to ride them. Too bad they weren't at the show this year. Log flumes aren't bad, but they should've kept those other rides. If they didn't have repeated rides (Hangover is a clone of the Kamikaze, and so is the Music Express for the Thunderbolt. We have a Music Express in Luna Park Sydney anyway!), there would be enough room for better rides. I hope to see the Rainbow, Chaos, and Claw next year. May 2010's Royal Easter Show be better than this year.

Claw and Chaos will not be back at RES as they are up for sale. In Regards to Rainbow it was a very last minute thing that happened. I am not 100% as to why it was replaced with Ali Baba at the last minute, but I know it was not due to safety concerns. From what I have heard it was something to do with the company, but I can't go into specifics as I don't know for certain. Hopefully someone could shed some more light onto the situation.

So Claw and Chaos will never be seen at the Easter Show ever again? Major bummer. I really want to ride them. Will they ever set foot on Sydney, though? If they are on sale, Luna Park Sydney ought to buy them. They need more rides.

The Claw and Chaos are awesome rides. Luna Park ought to buy 'em before someone else does if they're not gonna be travelling rides in Australia anymore. I'm trying to gather support in regards to that because if they get sold, we might never see them again. Good to know that the Rainbow hasn't been scrapped down. I would be outraged if they did. That's one of my most favourite rides. Let's hope it will be back next year.

• 11 months later...

It's already April, so that means the 2010 RES is here again. Lots of exciting stuff to see, but the best thing of all is the Coca-Cola Carnival. Several new rides have arrived this year, including: Rock n Roll - A Matterhorn ride, supposedly replacing the Thunderbolt (Okay, cool). Sky Flyer - A giant Wave Swinger (looks cool) XXXL - Another thrill ride from West Holland (Totally awesome! Gonna try it!) Old favourites are there, including some sucky ones. Break Dance - Sweet! No Limit - Too scary! (Well, whaddya expect from Mondial? Their rides ARE insane. :P ) Hard Rock - Awesome! Ali Baba - Not again! That ride sucks! Bring back Rainbow! Pirates Revenge - Looks fun, but meh (Log flumes are more for theme parks in my opinion). I've been hearing rumors about newer rides coming for the later shows this years and for 2011's RES. One is a travelling looping coaster, another is a KMG Experience (from the same guys that brought us XXXL and Sky Walker), and finally O'Neill will finally bring back Rainbow to replace that awful pile of vomit known as the Ali Baba (Yippie!). Ain't that worth knowing?! Well, even if some of my favourites aren't here this year like Rainbow, or Claw and Chaos (which I want to try, but maybe in 2011), I'm still going to enjoy the fun stuff in the Coca-Cola Carnival, but I sure hope the rumors are true.

OMG that coaster looks horrifying! A vertical climb followed by a semi-inverted vertical drop? Sheesh!! Who manufactured it, Gazza? Is it Vekoma? That's the only Dutch ride maufacturing company I could think of that design coasters. I know it's at the RES, but that's not that one I'm referring to. It's the other looping coaster that was in the Royal Adelaide Show last year, Big Dipper. I heard it will be at the 2011 RES, but I dunno if that's true or not.

Gary O'Neill eh? The same guy who has been doing updates on the Rainbow these last couple of years. Only a matter of time until that crappy Ali Baba ride gets replaced by the awesome ride we missed since the Liseburg accident. I've never heard of the SBF Visa Group. That coaster sure looks like a meat grinder. :P

I was there yesterday, and it looked horrible. It not like full on drop, it has something that slows it down untill it gets half way and then it speeds up to get over the loop. And it got stuck today, it was on the news. Got stuck going up the lift hill thing. The people on it got a long time to look at the sky.

Better not go on that coaster. I saw it on the news too, and it is certain that it doesn't look safe. The Taipan is longer and safer than that torture device. By the way Gazza, good joke pointing out what it really looks like. :lol:

Edited by T-Rex

Oh no! A ride broke down! It's unsafe! :rolleyes: The visa group are responsible for Big Bird Bounce at Seaworld, and (I assume) Tweety and Sylvester's Tree House at Movieworld. I must admit that this comment is a few days late, but that coaster looks horrible. Zamperla look like Intamin compared to that thing, at least Zamperla have a couple of decent stock rides. The fact it broke down doesn't bother me, but it really does look like crap. If it makes the trip to Brisbane I'll give it a go so I can be 100% sure, but on face value it doesn't look even a little bit fun.

Edited by joz

What a pile of sh*t. This coaster just has a tower hill followed by a loop. Too short. Better go on the Crazy Coaster and the Taipan. Sure they're small coasters, but at least they're safter than that coaster. Zamperla may be notorious for not-so-great rides, but they're the Intamin and B&M when it comes to small coasters.