Movieworld Attraction 2009

S.W24

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I watch spongebob late at night/morning too lol. As for WWF area , defiantly needs some more attractions, unless they're going for the ghost town look lol. It seems the only reason people go down there is for WWF (and the cool moving picture thing =D). The park needs to be evened out more, seems like WWF has been neglected after all the other new additions to the park in other areas (I dont blame them) But it should be the area of focus for future plans. Water Rapids ride would be awesome but maybe something different (dry ride) to lure more people. Not just guests that want to get soaked. And of course has to be outdoors.

Although it does seem like movie world has forgot about the western area of the park its not the case, the only reason that they don't put in the "bigger" rides is because of the residential housing behind the park and just the noise from WWF's drop is enough to get the residents angry (hence the scream barrier placed on the right hand side of the drop) let alone the sound of a wooden coaster train roaring over its first drop. Unless movie world want to build a super quiet coaster and sound barriers around its drops I don't see a "big" woodie going in there....but you never know. I don't think a mine ride would be good, I think it will achieve the same adventure type of ride which is already established by Wild West Falls and it would also give a very similar ride experience (I.e tight turns, unexpected drops etc) as the Scooby coaster Water rapids have been mentioned before by Gazza I think, this idea is pretty good I recon....but then again as others did mentioned they need a non-water ride to balance it out I agree. Time will tell. (but I'm hoping for a woodie even though odds are against :P ) zane.

Woodie would be awesome! Who cares about the neighbors, I'm sure they knew there were 2 large theme parks near them -.- or they would have moved by now. I like the indoor experience but nothing beats the outdoor aesthetics of woodies and would fit in perfectly and I'm sick of white warehouses :angry: . Don't the neighbors get heaps of freebies already? If so they probably the ones doing the screaming on the rides. And it's not very noisy at night anyway (occasionally may be).

The good thing about woodies is that they are usually cheaper than steel coasters meaning we can get more but pay less. Something with lots of good airtime and steep drops; maybe an El Toro clone :P If a decent sized woodie was positioned between LW and WWF would noise still be a problem?

Yes that sounds like an ideal position (between WWF and LW) and entrance would only infringe on existing arcade area or near where the exit from the spooky coaster is. Even though woodies cant go upside down and are heaps bumpier, it can be a more family orientated roller coaster catering for both children to adults (whereas in previous rides like LW limits height etc and on the other end of the scale the road runner r c limits size). And woodies have a certain presence and atmosphere about them that makes them very enjoyable. :lol:

Yes that sounds like an ideal position (between WWF and LW) and entrance would only infringe on existing arcade area or near where the exit from the spooky coaster is.
Or it could come out near the stage show as that is closer and in the Wild West Area and the exit could come out on the left side of Wild West though they would need to extend the exisiting path further up towards the drop.
Even though woodies cant go upside down and are heaps bumpier, it can be a more family orientated roller coaster catering for both children to adults
A wooden rollercoaster doesn't have to be bumpy. Some of the newer ones from Intamin or GCI are apparently really smooth. I personally would like to see the coaster come on more of the thrill side than family though a good mixture would still satisfy.

Even though woodies cant go upside down and are heaps bumpier,
The "bumpiness" of a woodie is part of it's charm, however they shouldn't be backbreakers either. Having said that one of the best coasters I have been on was Colossus in SFMM, and I found it remarkably smooth, especially given its age. Stef I am getting the impression that you, like a lot of people (and this isn't a bad thing) haven't experienced a lot of woodies, and might only be limited in your experiences to coasters such as Bush Beast or Beastie, which, while a pretty standard PTC coaster, was never the best of their work, worldwide. Woodies are in their nature meant to feel a little out of control, but the rides i've had overseas on some woodies are smoother than a lot of steel coasters i've ridden. On your other point, woodies can invert, so lets leave it at that. Cadboy, I've decided since you keep asking the question, I will answer you as well - Yes I do, Yes it does, yep, yep, yep & Yep. hope this satisfies your queries. Edited by AlexB

All in all. Movieworld needs a woodie. I have seen some pretty outrageous so called woodie's where they use steel and takes away the whole charm. I dont remember where but it was not to my liking and I just hope MW or any other park for that matter does not go in that direction. I think MW needs a relatively large capacity ride with minimal space requirements like DW's Claw and Wipeout. Multipurpose structures like ToT and GD is clever and WWF could do something similar to this. Or bermuda and flume (as previously mentioned). MW does like the enclosed rides Scooby-Doo, SE (partially) and LW queue. For obvious reasons of theming them. So I think they would be more inclined to add onto the existing WWF. I just wish they kept their theming as good as the day it was done. :(

As everyone has said Woodie, Woodie, Woodie to tell you the truth it would look great and would fit in so well in the western section of the park but only one person has mentioned the fact as to were are we going to put it. Behind the western area facades, No there is no room for all those who know there knowledge of the WVTP property at Oxenford or work there it is merely impossible to put one behind there as the park is basically boarding the end of the property. Next thing people will do is say oh but on Google earth there is no but on Google earth the land may be big enough but half of it is owned by council. Then your next Idea for a area would have to be in between wild west and lethal weapon that also is a big no in a fact that the area is used for merchandise storage plus most of that area is access roads for Shows and entertainment staff to get to the show stage. In my opinion this year is going to be a major touch up year for the park in general to do a fresh coat of paint, spice up the park as already is happening and planned for early this year. Attraction wise for the future i see attractions that are on the big thrill side but don't take up much room example Batwing In the planning of Movie World i don't see there have been much thinking gone into the future expansion of the park as there really isn't much room left. If i could ask for one attraction to come back and be updated to today, Bring back Studio Tour Tram's a true Movie park attraction and also has great potential for change and to be updated when needed.

Edited by klassen24

The studio tour trams were the absolute best part of the park. I can't believe the idea was scratched. If we can learn anything from universal studio's etc it is that studio tours are and can be made the highlight of the park. And the movie magic tour thing was good too but it had to go to make room for SE so i'm not complaining. :lol:

Where do you put it? Simple - demolish boot hill and the now defunct shopfronts of the old blazing saddles. If need be, the show stage can go too.... sure its great when it has a show on, but they are few and far between, and taking up valuable real-estate, just like the MMSFX show was. Sure, its another case of getting rid of one thing to bring in another, but at the end of the day, it solves the problem, and utilises prime real estate for prime attractions. As for merchandise storage space, there are COUNTLESS places they could put it besides where it is... so that is a pitiful excuse at best.

^I agree with AlexB on this one. If, in the past they have been willing to scrap attractions that would have cost millions in the first place for new ones, then why would it be an issue to move a warehouse, especially since things like pallet racks and shelves can be moved anyway. Roadways are also an issue that can be worked around...either reroute them out of the way, or simply place the wooden tressels on I beams that span the roadway. Unfortunatley the view is blocked a bit by a tree in this photo: http://www.rcdb.com/ig526.htm?picture=6 But in the bottom left you can see how one of the service roadways for Knotts just goes under the ride.

Sure, its another case of getting rid of one thing to bring in another, but at the end of the day, it solves the problem, and utilises prime real estate for prime attractions.
If you open your window and listen very carefully, you can hear Doc Brown crying right now
But in the bottom left you can see how one of the service roadways for Knotts just goes under the ride.
Infact, to get to the carpark, hotel and water park don't you have to drive underneath a section of Ghost Rider?

^ Yeah pretty sure you have to. Much as Boot Hill is fun and has its charm, I agree removing that and the store facades would be an excellent space freeing move. You could relocate the graves to the bank near the splashdown of WWF anyway. Maybe a shooting dark ride through a ghost town or something scifi themed like MIB/ Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters?? I do know the park has a great interest in those...

Just in regards to room, I work on the principle that if there's a will, there's a way. And just on the merchandise storage facility behind WWF (in that vicinity) I recall not that long ago (a year or maybe less) either DJ or Ian telling us that at the time the park was in the process of moving the Merchandise storage facility to a new location to allow for something rather exciting.

Yes T-bone that is correct reason for that not going ahead Can't be said but trust me and i'm sure DJ and Ian will back me up in say we won't see anything there anytime soon. Just to back up my theory on this years plans of being a touch up year. On my day off today i visited the park to take some photo's of work that is already going on in the park. There are 2 main areas in which are being worked on one is for a rumor going around about a new attraction to the western area. Basically the western facades around the sound stage are all going under some work at the moment as to how extensive I'm not sure there are doing section by section replacing all the wooden Slates out the front of each facade picture below that is all at the moment that can be seen i have heard more to be happening plus some areas are temp walled off. 2nd area I'm sure a lot of people will be happy with is due to the current scheduled maintenance of lethal weapon china town is getting a touch up. picture below. While I'm at it i may as well mention the current in park changes. Rides and Attractions open at 10:30 these times go back to normal in School holidays (peak times) Batman the adventure ride now only opens between 10:30 to 11:30 and 3pm to 5pm There is now only 2 Hollywood stunt driver viewings at the moment 11am and 1pm

post-2323-1236840101_thumb.jpg

post-2323-1236840872_thumb.jpg

post-2323-1236841446_thumb.jpg

Edited by klassen24

I'll second my vote for this year being touchup. I know just at the show alone we are looking at many upgrades on old equipment and stuff. I really like the idea of sinking money that would usually be used for big new attractions into extensive maintenance of existing facilities!

I am really pleased with the current repairs and modification happening within the park. Last time I went (about one-two months ago) I noticed Wild West Falls had a new 'camp fire' effect with fog that spread through to the whole ghost town section -- something I have never seen before. I also noticed the spider in SDSC (I did read about it quite some time ago though) and the walls around HWSD near Intensity being painted and decorated. Not to mention the facades near the other entrance of the show stage being redone. I can't wait to see what else will be redone... I am hopeful that I can ride Superman this weekend. I would be interested to know if anything has been changed or updated on that ride. I will take some pictures this weekend to showcase any other changes happening. That's if I can make it to the park... - Ash

To answer your question ash there has been changes in Superman nothing huge they have added some new lights here and there the one most people will notice is 3 green spots the face down towards the ground directly opposite the water effect plus all old effects are all now running again. Like DJ said this year looks to be a year to update old equipment i have seen this happen at Movie World over the past month plus all the maintenance in general the park is doing i think this year is the perfect time to do this and restore what needs to be restored.

At least WVTP'S is thinking about long term things and overall quality of the park. Unlike other parks *cough cough* that just keep adding new attractions and the theming quality or lack there of diminishes in no time. Atmosphere in a park is a key factor for any great park. WBMW does this exceptionally well compared to other parks and I think they are doing a great job, choosing to 'clean up' the park. It makes the rides so much more exciting and memorable if you have theming like pre-SE section. Imagine how boring SDSC would be without any theming?? hahaha. Kudos to WBMW!

• 1 month later...

Was just looking around on the Vekoma website when I came across this indoor ride/attraction. http://www.vekoma.com/index.php?option=com...0&Itemid=28 Having been on something similar to this before I can say that the experience is very enjoyable and confusing at the same time. I feel something like this would be a perfect addition to MW with the theming oppurtunities being endless. If they opted for the 78 seat version the ride the attraction would have huge capacity (1335pph) plus the ride is an all weather attraction. The ride has no height restrictions giving it broad appeal and making suitable for all guests. Part of the ride could in the dark with cool lighting effects to complement. I presume this would be a relatively low cost attraction, maybe something for 2009? What do you guys think?