WVTP Changes

Gold Coaster

I couldn't find anything on the bulletin website...Are you sure it wasn't just some letter to the editor saying something along the lines of "What next, WnW removing their barbeques?" I highly doubt they would go removing them, for the reasons you stated. More updates: -Roadrunner now has on ride photos, available from that green screen photo place next to the Charlie and the Chocolate factory shop -The middle ticket booth at MW has been turned into a coffee shop, also selling a few other morning foods like croissants. -The Music Man ice cream parlour has been renovated a bit, with a wide roller door that gets opened up that faces out onto main street.

Edited by Gazza

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have heard that they are flat out NOT removing the BBQs and the new no food policy will be removed from WnW so make of that what you will. Don't think you've heard the last of F&B changes for that park though...

-The middle ticket booth at MW has been turned into a coffee shop, also selling a few other morning foods like croissants.
Yeah I think that's a funny reflection of that a)attendance is bad enough that they don't need all the booths, and that B) it takes so long to get through purchasing a ticket that you need a refreshment stand while you wait :)

Maybe the big conspiracy is that taking away a booth makes people wait longer, so they have to buy coffee. Haha, I'd prefer to be positive though and just say it is to cater to the guests that want a coffee to start the day...On some days they have a mobile attendant out selling drinks from a cart with ice in it, and another one selling souvenirs and sunscreen, why not this? Ps, the people who make this forum software really need to think of a different way to type the B) emoticon. Im sick of lists being ruined like this: a) B) c) d)

-Roadrunner now has on ride photos, available from that green screen photo place next to the Charlie and the Chocolate factory shop -The middle ticket booth at MW has been turned into a coffee shop, also selling a few other morning foods like croissants. -The Music Man ice cream parlour has been renovated a bit, with a wide roller door that gets opened up that faces out onto main street.
- Nice! Where does the photo get taken from? - Well, fair enough if the attendance is down and they can pump crowds through the other ones. This could be a good thing for people who get there early and haven't had breakfast/get a bit peckish. I've been there on occasion and thought it'd be nice to have someone standing there with a few food options/coffee. - What effect does this seem to have? Does it cause congestion on Main Street with queues spilling out onto it? Edited by Gold Coaster

Ps, the people who make this forum software really need to think of a different way to type the B) emoticon. Im sick of lists being ruined like this: a) B) c) d)
Well, they couldn't think of a different code for emoticon, but i'm sure that they presumed people would use the feature built into the software so that list-makers would do
  1. this
  2. and this
  3. or this
Or otherwise, they could do
  • this
  • followed by this
  • and then this!

It even adds an indent! (Of course, you do need to go to "add reply" rather than "quick reply" Or just type it like this: (list=1) (*)insert text here (*)insert text here (*)and so on, replacing the ( ) with [ ]

Edited by AlexB

Not really....The mouldings above the door match what is elsewhere on the shop, and inside a bulkhead covers the actually roller door when it is up.

Nice! Where does the photo get taken from?
The final turn.
- What effect does this seem to have? Does it cause congestion on Main Street with queues spilling out onto it?
I'd imagine the whole park would have to be positively heaving for that to occur! Edited by Gazza

I'd imagine the whole park would have to be positively heaving for that to occur!
But a queue leeching out onto Main Street is going to cause problems for people trying to enjoy Main Street... and the roof already gives a bit of a claustrophobic effect IMHO... Edited by Gold Coaster

But a queue leeching out onto Main Street is going to cause problems for people trying to enjoy Main Street... .
You missed the point. The queue would only be spilling out onto main street if the park was packed and heaps of people wanted ice cream and the shop was overwhelmed, which is very rare. Furthermore if the park was that busy, then main street would be really congested anyway, so a few people out on the footpath wouldn't make a difference. It wouldn't be any more problematic than say the Shrek 4D queue, people waiting for Stunt Driver, the crowd that forms when character photos are happening etc etc.
and the roof already gives a bit of a claustrophobic effect IMHO..
Wasn't the old ice cream shop arrangement claustrophobic inside? Those people matter too. Edited by Gazza

Well that's not great for someone who does not have a credit card =s

Edited by joz
Fair dinkum, a one line post and I have to edit out a swear word? I don't care if the filter got it, we know its a swear word. It wasn't needed, and added nothing to the post.

Through your bank you should be able to get a 'visa debit' card or something along those lines. It lets you use credit card facilities (Be it online shopping, phone transactions, at shops etc), but the money you are spending is your own, not credit. Good for people who want the ease of a credit card, but dont want the debt or interest.

The QLD VIP passes can only be purchased from www.myfun.com.au or 133 FUN... and the staff at Wet n Wild are great when activating them
Quite sure that you can rock up at front gate and purchase the VIP pass. Would save time going through web and not having to wait in queue

Through your bank you should be able to get a 'visa debit' card or something along those lines. It lets you use credit card facilities (Be it online shopping, phone transactions, at shops etc), but the money you are spending is your own, not credit. Good for people who want the ease of a credit card, but dont want the debt or interest.
Actually tried to get one through my bank but due to some stupid uber gay rule they won't give me one as had an overdrawn account just one time. So have to wait like till next year before be able to get one. But thinkin of trying to get one directly through visa.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I just checked on Movie World's website and the rides and attractions now on at 10am. Also, Planet SOS is being replaced with another film. Sorry if someone else mentioned it before me.

Warner Bros. Movie World is open every day of the year except Christmas Day on 25 December. Rides and Attractions Open 10:00 AM Rides and Attractions Close 5:00 PM Gates Close 5:30 PM