Question re. VIP passes

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's great to see that the White Christmas event will be back. This new VIP Pass with Fright Nights may add a little truth to a comment in another thread (although it came from a guy selling churros - haha) that the Fright Nights will be toned down to make it a more family friendly event. I know how successful the Fright Nights have been with the older park attendees and it will be a shame to lose what the have built up, but I can definately see the marketing value of making this a family event, and any event that is going to bring in loads of money to the park is always aa positive. More revenue hopefully means more, better quality rides and attractions.

I, like a lot of my mates think the VIP passes are the worst thing Movieworld has or could of done. The place is nearly always packed with free loading families just trying to get there $99 bucks worth.I know that's a little harsh but it doesn't make any less true. It was not that long ago that movieworld opened everything at 10am and would always have the Wild west Burger stand opened everyday, but now even on holiday mondays when the place is packed they will not open the Wild West Burgers or the nice Cafe near the front gates, because they know nearly everyone there has a VIP pass so it's not worth there while to staff the place as it once was. That might be ok for the locals but it leaves a bad taste in overseas and interstate vistors.

the latest i've seen from Dreamworld is that they're advertising passes for $69, that work from now until about september \ october. No word yet from them whether they are extending for a further 12 months. Perhaps they were waiting for MW to show their hand - problem is this once again puts them behind the 8 ball.

Good pickup, also says -

Look out for an exciting announcement this July. Like us on Facebook for updates!

And for Sea World -

Look out for another exciting announcement this August. This year is going to be BIG. Like us on Facebook for updates!

On the Sea World map there's no dot for Sesame Street Beach (surely an oversight?) nor the Pirate show. Edited by westical

Alex I'm purely speculating here but I doubt that rule would be removed/relaxed, it's the way all the US parks are and have been for years so I don't see MW changing that. It's just too much liability to have regular guests dressed like employed actors should they do anything bad. As for the map, I think its a good online map personally, totally innapropriate for print but good online. The beauty of that is that when I ride is down for maintenance (like batman is at the moment) you can remove the link on the map so you're not promoting rides people won't be able to go on at the present time. I don't hate it.